Household Storage Containers Market: Introduction
- Household storage containers are used in every household to store food and products that have a certain shelf-life and preserve them for long time usage. Generally, these storage containers help extend the product period depending on the material of the product. For food products, storage is properly required depending on the material, packaging, and storage conditions, particularly temperature and humidity. These containers are majorly utilized to store packaged food, beverages, cosmetics, medicines, etc. A wide variety of food packaging and containers are available that are made from diverse materials. They are available in a variety of colors and materials and in a range of sizes of circles, squares, or rectangles.
Key Trends, Opportunities and Restraining Factors of Global Household Storage Containers Market
- Several types of household containers are available, which are made of clear polycarbonate, translucent polypropylene, or white polyethylene. Demand for plastic containers is increasing due to their durability, lightweight, and ease of carry and storage.
- Manufacturers of household containers prefer strong plastics such as high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) for household containers, as they offer similar performance as glass. Plastic containers offer better resistance to impact and pressure as compared to that offered by glass containers. However, glass provides resistance against chemical hazard.
- Innovative approaches taken by manufactures to create new products with unique designs, style, usage, size/ shape material, offers consumers have a wide range of choices, which is estimated to propel the global household storage container market. Furthermore, innovative ways to market the household container is also a key factor driving the household container market, such as promotion of properties such as heat resistance, microwaveable, airtight containers, can boost the market.
- Increase in the number of working people and dual-income households is boosting the spending capacity of people and they are willing to spend on unique and expensive products, which in turn is expected to fuel the household storage container market.
- Currently, governments of different countries are becoming increasingly stringent about the usage of plastic, as the decomposition process of plastic material as well as the recycling process is time-consuming. Consequently, several countries have enacted numerous regulations on plastic products. Furthermore, plastic materials have an adverse effect on the environment, as these plastic products contain bisphenol-A, phthalates, and polyesters and create industrial wastes, which is projected to restrain the household container market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Household Storage Containers Market
- In terms of region, the global household storage containers market is classified into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America is the leading market in terms of demand for household storage containers, which is expected to rise in the next few years. APAC accounts for a prominent share of the plastic container market, in terms of revenue, where China and India are major players. This expansion is fuelled by expansion of the beverage industry, as carbonated drinks are preserved in plastic containers. Additionally, an increase in demand for bottled water is also driving the demand for household storage containers.
- The household storage container market in Europe is fuelled by expansion of the FMCG market. Storing products such as detergent, packaged food products, and other liquids is fueling the demand for packaged household containers.
Key Players Operating in Global Household Storage Containers Market
- S.C. Johnson & Son Inc.
- The Clorox Company
- Lock & Lock
- World Kitchen
- IKEA Systems B.V.
- Thermos L.L.C.
- Zojirushi America Corporation
Global Household Storage Containers Market: Research Scope
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Type
- Bottles and Jars
- Tubs and Cups
- Others (Boxes, Canisters, Unique food storage containers etc.)
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Price
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Website
- E-commerce Website
- Specialty Stores
- Supermarket/ Hypermarket
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Material
- Polyethylene Terephthalate
- High-density Polyethylene
- Low-density polyethylene
- Others (Clear Polycarbonate, Translucent Polypropylene and white Polyethylene)
- Others, (glass, rubber etc.)
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical and cosmetics
- Others (Detergent, processed products etc.)
Global Household Storage Containers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.