Household Polish Market: Introduction
- Household polish is commonly produced from oils and silicone oils, petroleum-based ingredients, and synthetic polymers. Commonly used polish are emulsion polish and silicon polish.
- Emulsion polish is made from a combination of petroleum products and water. It is white in color. Emulsion polish can clean grease and water soluble dirt. Silicon polish is made by adding silicon oil to petroleum products or emulsion carriers.
- Petroleum distillate solvent is the primary ingredient used in the manufacture of household polish. It is a type of mineral spirit that has slower evaporation rate. It is oily.
- Household polish is used to shine wooden and metal surfaces in different industries. Polish also increases the useful life of furniture and infrastructure (floors and walls). Along with furniture, demand for household polish is high in the automotive sector. It is used to polish exterior body parts, interior wooden parts, various metal parts, and seats in the automotive sector.
- Household polish is widely used in different end-use industries for applications such as cleaning surfaces, bringing shine to surfaces, and removing light scratches
- Commonly used household polish are abrasive polish, aluminum polish, motor car polish, furniture polish, leather belt polish, and metal polish
Key Drivers of Household Polish Market
- Household polish is largely used as furniture polish in the residential housing decoration market. The furniture market has been expanding significantly due to the growth in the construction industry. This is estimated to propel the household polish market.
- Demand for household polish has been rising in the hospitality industry. Continuous maintenance and decoration is required in the hospitality sector for furniture. The shift toward using less toxic chemicals for cleaning and polishing has boosted the household polish market.
- The health care segment is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period due to rise in geriatric population across the globe. Household polish is used to properly clean and maintain hygienic environment in the health care sector. Of late, growth in the health care industry has been augmenting the household polish market.
Key Restraints of Household Polish Market
- Household polish leaves chemical residue and chemically buildup particles on the furniture. It has low effect on water soluble dirt. The effect of shine and scratch resistance remains for a short period of time. These factors can act as major restraints of the household polish market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Household Polish Market
- The Covid-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the global household polish market. Household polish is used in industries such as health care and automobile. Manufacturing activities in the automobile industry were hampered due to the lockdown enforced by various countries to curb the spread of the pandemic. Supply chain disruption and low demand for vehicles adversely impacted the household polish market. Demand for cleaning products has been high in the health care industry owing to the Covid-19 pandemic. Demand for household polish in the health care industry is expected to rise in the near future. This is estimated to boost the market in the next few years.
Global Household Polish Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global household polish market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region of the household polish market during the forecast period owing to the growth in sectors such as construction, health care, and automobile in the region
- The household polish market in Latin America and Europe is likely to expand at a sluggish pace due to lower growth in sectors such as construction and automobile manufacturing in these regions
- The household polish market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Rise in automobile ownership and increase in construction activities are expected to drive the market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Household Polish Market
Key players operating in the global household polish market include:
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Godrej Group
- Parker and Bailey
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Kao Corporation
Global Household Polish Market: Research Scope
Global Household Polish Market, by Type
- Gel & Paste
- Powder & Granules
Global Household Polish Market, by Application
Global Household Polish Market, by End-use Industry
- Health Care
Global Household Polish Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.