Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe: Introduction
- Galvanized steel pipe is the carbon steel pipe that is coated with a protective layer of zinc. The zinc layer serves as a sacrificial layer. It gets rusted before the carbon steel underneath it. There are two types of galvanized steel pipes: hot-dip galvanized steel pipe and cold galvanized steel pipe. Galvanized layer strengthens the anti-corrosion performances of steel pipe.
- The manufacturing process of hot-dip galvanized steel pipe uses steel pipes of removed rust dipped into zinc liquid of 500? temperatures. This is done to make steel surface get attached to zinc layer in order to achieve the purpose of anti-corrosion.
- Hot galvanizing is an effective anti-corrosive treatment used in steel structural products. Protection products need to achieve higher standards owing to the growth of high-voltage transmission, transportation, and communication industries. This is driving the demand for galvanizing.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe Market
Increase in Building & Construction Activities to Drive Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe market
- The thickness of hot galvanized steel pipe zinc layer is 35μm, and the thickest is up 650μm. Thickness of the cold zinc layer is just 5-15μm. Zinc layer has anti-air corrosion and electric chemical protection properties.
- In the processing of hot galvanizing, a film of zinc-steel alloy layer is formed first. Above that, a pure zinc layer is formed. When exposed to the atmosphere, pure zinc reacts with oxygen to form zinc oxide, which further reacts with carbon dioxide to form zinc carbonate, a dull grey, strong material that stops further corrosion in many circumstances, protecting the steel below from the elements.
- Hot galvanizing method entails dipping the base metal into a molten pool of zinc. First, the base metal must be cleaned either mechanically, chemically, or both to assure that a quality bond can be made between the base metal and the zinc coating. Once cleaned, the base metal is then fluxed to rid it of any residual oxides that might remain after the cleaning process. The base metal is then dipped into a liquid bath of heated zinc and a metallurgical bond is formed.
- The method has various advantages. It is economical and can be performed quickly. However, the final coating can be inconsistent relative to other galvanizing processes.
Applications of Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe
- Hot-dip galvanized steel pipe is used in the construction of fences for houses, residential areas, industrial areas, warehouses, agricultural areas, public areas (ports, airports, jails, refugee camps, electricity substations, etc.), photovoltaic solar parks, etc.
- Hot-dip galvanized steel pipe is also used in industrial applications including structures (scaffolds, tents, shelters, parking, etc.), construction of greenhouses, and construction of road signs
- Hot-dip galvanized steel pipe has long been one of the most used building materials in the world. For decades, designers, builders, and consumers have been using zinc coated steel pipes.
COVID-19 Impact on Global Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe Market
- The global coronavirus outbreak is expected to pose severe challenges to the global hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market. Hot-dip galvanized steel pipe is primarily employed in the building & construction industry. Contraction of the building & construction industry due to the pandemic is likely to adversely affect the hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market in the near future. Extension of the lockdown in various countries across the world has led to supply chain disruptions. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the market in the near future.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe Market
- In terms of region, the global hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market in 2019. This can be ascribed to expansion of the construction sector in developing countries, such China and India, in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market due to an increase in usage in various applications such as mechanical and general engineering purposes
- The hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, due to the slow expansion of the building & construction industry in the region
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market is fragmented, with players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their position.
Prominent players operating in the global hot-dip galvanized steel pipe market include:
- United Steel Industry
- Georgantas Bros Ltd.
- Sunny Steel Enterprise Ltd.
- World Technology Machinery Jiangsu Co., Ltd.
- Dinesh Metal Industries
Global Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe Market: Research Scope
Global Hot-dip Galvanized Steel Pipe Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Structures (Scaffolds, Tents, Shelters, Parking, etc.)
- Construction of Greenhouses
- Construction of Road Signs
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.