Horizontal Pumping Systems Market: Introduction
- Horizontal pumping systems are multistage centrifugal pumping systems that are used for fluid handling requirements in various applications in mining and oil & gas sectors. They are designed for submersible services handling fluids at specific volumes and to boost the pressure.
- Horizontal pumping systems are easy to install and maintain, as internal parts of these systems such as rotor, are easy to access. Several nozzle configurations are also possible to suit external piping requirements such as top suction top discharge, end suction top discharge, and side suction side discharge.
- Horizontal pumping systems (HPS) can be operated to expand their operating range with a variable frequency controller. Multiple pumps installed in parallel increases the flow capacity and are suitable for heavy duty industrial applications.
Key Drivers & Restrains of Horizontal Pumping Systems Market
- Recovering oil & gas prices has resulted in increase in investment in oil & gas exploration and production. This has boosted activities in upstream, downstream, and midstream in the oil & gas industry. Various operations such as pipeline booster, water injection, CO2 injection, amine circulation system, and reservoir pressure maintenance are carried out by using horizontal pumping systems (HPS). Overall increase in developments in the oil & gas industry is expected to propel the demand for HPS pumps significantly.
- Rapid urbanization with increasing population has led fueled the mining, marine, water and wastewater treatment sectors across the globe. Operations including wastewater treatment, boiler feed water, drainage, liquid transfer are being carried out by multistage surface pumps?a horizontal pumping system. Consequently, the horizontal pumping systems market is projected to expand during the forecast period owing to an increase in usage of multistage surface pumps.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments across the globe have enacted stringent rules and regulations owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has resulted into temporary lockdowns across several industries globally. Non availability of workforce and curfews led to the slowdown of several economies. Consequently, several pump manufacturing companies shut down completely and installers were restricted from access sites. Disruption in the supply chain in oil and gas, water and wastewater treatment has affected the distribution and installation of horizontal pumping systems significantly.
Oil & gas segment to dominate global market
- The global horizontal pumping systems market can be segmented based on type, end-use, and region
- Based on end use, the global horizontal pumping systems market can be segregated into oil & gas, mining, industrial, water and wastewater, and others
- Oil is essential to the global economic framework, as it is a prominent sector of the world in terms of dollar value. Investment in the oil & gas sector is increasing owing to a rise in oil prices globally. Horizontal pumping systems are an efficient alternative for surface pumping, which is used widely used. In June 2019, the discovery of Gladden Deep well in Mississippi Canyon block 800 by W&T Offshore, Inc. is boosting the oil & gas sector, which in turn is expected to propel the segment of the market.
North America dominates global horizontal pumping systems market
- In terms of region, the horizontal pumping systems market can be divided into Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America was the second-biggest producer of crude oil in 2019. Horizontal pumping system is a cost-effective alternative to conventional industrial pumps. High wear-resistant bearings in HPS pumps make it as an option for handling harsh conditions as well as surface installation. Demand for horizontal pumping system is expected to rise significantly owing to a rise in investment in E&P in the oil & gas industry.
- Growing concerns regarding water and wastewater treatments and regulatory norms in Europe have led the foundation to utilize effective methods for handling wastewater. The horizontal pumping system caters to the need of handling industrial fluids as well as wastewater effectively and at a lower cost, as compared to the conventional industrial pumps. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the horizontal pumping system market during the forecast period.
- Mining exploration is rising in Asia Pacific owing to an increase in the demand for rare minerals. Rise in investment in mining is boosting mining activities. Dewatering, wastewater processing, and backfilling applications are various processes that are carried out by multistage centrifugal pumping systems in the mining industry. This rise in demand for mining activities is expected to boost the demand for horizontal pumping systems significantly.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global horizontal pumping systems market include:
- Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions
- Baker Hughes Company
- Sintech Precision Products Ltd
- HOSS Pump Systems
- Schlumberger Limited
- SPI Pumps
- Dover Corporation
- Canadian Advanced Esp Inc
Horizontal Pumping Systems Market, by Type
- Under 100 HP
- 100-600 HP
- Above 600 HP
Horizontal Pumping Systems Market, by End-use
- Oil and Gas
- Water and wastewater
Horizontal Pumping Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.