Global Honey Packaging Market: Overview
Customised packaging has gained popularity in the past few years. Honey packaging is an example of customised packaging in which key manufacturers are continuously enhancing the packaging design. Honey packaging includes bottles, jars, stick packs and squeezable tubes, among others. Various types of honey are available in the market, which include alfalfa, clover, acacia, buckwheat, etc., which are generally packaged in glass bottles. Twist-off metal caps are most commonly used for honey packaging as they add durability, moisture resistance and help keep the product fresh. Increased competition and growth in the demand for sophisticated packaging are among factors encouraging players to innovate new honey packaging solutions.
Global Honey Packaging Market: Dynamics
The growing demand for honey from the food and beverages industry is one of the major factors driving the honey packaging market. In addition, honey has widespread applications in pharmaceuticals and cosmetic care industries, which is driving the demand for honey packaging. In the food sector, honey is available in various types of packages, which include squeezable tubes, stick packs, bottles, jars, pouches and specialty/custom packaging types. In the pharmaceutical industry, honey find applications in syrups and sprays, which is also driving the honey packaging market worldwide.
Developing consumer preference and taste are also among factors driving the honey packaging market worldwide. The harvesting of deferent varieties of honey is facilitating producers to keep up with the demand for the same, which is also boosting the demand for honey packaging. In addition, several producers, distributors and end users in the market are opting for healthier options, such as manuka honey, and this is contributing to the growth of the honey packaging market.
Global Honey Packaging Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material type, the global honey packaging market can be segmented as:
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
On the basis of packaging type, the global honey packaging market can be segmented as:
- Bulk Packaging
- Flexi tanks
- Retail Packaging
- Squeezable Tubes
- Stick Packs
- Specialty/Custom Packaging Types
On the basis of end-use packaging application, the global honey packaging market can be segmented as:
- Comb Honey
- Centrifugal Honey
- Pressed Honey
- Chunk Honey
On the basis of end use, global honey packaging market can be segmented as:
Global Honey Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global honey packaging market can be segmented based on regions such as Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Latin America, MEA, Japan and APEJ. Emerging economies, such as China, India and other ASEAN countries in the Asia Pacific region, are estimated to dominate the honey packaging market. Owing to several medicinal benefits and improved packaging standards, the honey packaging market is expected to witness growth during the forecast period.
Global Honey Packaging Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global honey packaging market are:
- Greif, Inc.
- Piramal Glass Pvt. Ltd.
- Alpha Packaging, Inc.
- Berlin Packaging
- Meli nv
- Mauser, Inc.
- Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Ramsden Steel Drums Limited
- SCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Bormioli Rocco Glass Co. Inc.
- Wiegand-Glas GmbH
- Hexagon Honey Co.
- Silgan Plastics Corporation
Several local and unrecognised players are expected to contribute to the growth of the global honey packaging market during 2018-28.
Global Honey Packaging Market: Key Developments:
Some of the key developments in the honey packaging market are:
- In October 2017, True Honey Co. introduced honey packaging in glass jars with delicate labels. Different types of labels made from different papers are attached to the bottle. Each label represents a different aspect of the product. The cap of the bottle has a modern and elegant logo stamped on a golden foil, which represents luxury
- Hexagon Honey uses hexagon-shaped bottles for the packaging of natural honey. These bottles are stacked on top of each other in crates to create a large hexagon to provide a more attractive effect
- Pure Mother Bee Co. has introduced elongated glass jars with wooden corks to provide an attractive look to the package.
The honey packaging market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The honey packaging market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends of honey packaging market, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The honey packaging market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.