Home Care Services Market – Introduction
- Home care services are a type of health care service provided at the residence of a patient. They are professional support services provided to promote, restore, or maintain, a patient's health and reduce the effects of disease or disability. Home care services are extensive and varied, depending on the need. They also include other services such as cleaning, cooking, laundry, and medical care.
Key Drivers of Global Home Care Services Market
- Home care services offer consumers almost any kind of help that they require at home, which helps them to achieve a healthier lifestyle. These services enable senior or geriatric people to stay in the familiar surroundings of their homes and avoid the trauma that can be associated with entry into a nursing home. Furthermore, increasing awareness regarding health and hygiene among people is boosting the home care services market.
- Increase in number of geriatric patients with health issues is propelling the demand for home care services. Furthermore, increasing standard of living, rising disposable income, rapid urbanization, and the increasing number of nursing care centers are also driving the home care services market across the globe.
Factors Restraining Global Home Care Services Market
- The low availability of labor force hampers the home care services market. Moreover, people are following social distancing and are not willing to use home care services such as housekeeping, personal care, cooking etc., due to the outbreak of covid-19 pandemic. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic hampered the home care services market.
North America to Hold Leading Share of Global Home Care Services Market
- In terms of geography, the global home care services market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the home care services market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The home care services market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global home care services market in 2020, due to the rising awareness regarding healthier lifestyle and increasing disposable income of consumers in the region. Rise in population has been driving the demand for home care services in North America, particularly in the U.S. and Canada.
- The home care services market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Home Care Services Market
The global home care services market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global home care services market are:
- ABM Industries
- Anago Cleaning Systems
- Jani-King International, Inc.
- Pritchard industries inc
- STANLEY STEEMER INTERNATIONAL, INC
- The ServiceMaster Company, LLC
- Home Care Assistance Corporation.
Global Home Care Services Market: Research Scope
Global Home Care Services Market, by Type
- Health care
- Personal care
- Household chores
- Money management
Global Home Care Services Market, by Duration
Global Home Care Services Market, by Application
Global Home Care Services Market, by Price
Global Home Care Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!