Technological changes have radically changed the way of storing data. This advancement has led to the shift from conventional discs to holographic versatile disc which gives assurances to be a potential successor to technologies such as DVD and Blu-ray. With a promising and considerable future market. Holographic versatile disc technology can store terabytes of data on an optical disc. The Blu-ray disc can hold up to data of 25GB, while holographic versatile disc can hold data similar to more than 100 ordinary DVDs and with a transfer speed of above 1 gigabit per second. Holographic uses beams of laser to store digital data in three dimensions, rather than in two dimensions as in DVD and CD media to increase transfer speed and storage capacity. Holographic data storage archives data by the use of a pattern of optical interference with a photosensitive, thick optical material. It also uses the light properties to store large amount of data onto a single plate. The holographic versatile disc procedure uses a red laser beam, which is used for tracking and servo, and uses a blue-green laser beam which is used for writing and reading data.
The technology is rapidly gaining attention as a high capacity and high speed versatile disc storage technology. The holographic versatile disc has more storage capacity than conventional optical disc, reads and writes quickly and prices are expected to be slashed down, all these factors can lead to growth of holographic versatile disc market. However, the technological differences between holographic versatile disc and other optical discs make them mutually incompatible. Additionally, changes in recording technologies might also make successive generations of holographic versatile discs incompatible with each other. Holographic versatile disc has a very short shelf life of three years which tends to hinder the growth of holographic versatile disc market. Furthermore, HVD market offers growth opportunities such as tremendous implications in the commercial and industrial realms and is also anticipated to find wide adoption for backing up and archiving the media libraries.
The holographic versatile disc market is segmented on the basis of application and region. On the basis of application market is subdivided into video-on-demand, portable computing, multimedia and consumer audio/video. Holographic optical information reproducing/recording method & device is used in a video/sound information storage unit and in an external storage unit of a computer. The holographic versatile disc provides not only the reliability and efficiency of delivering a 4K or 2K resolution movie, it can do so with absolute security which is an important concern to high-profile content owners. Looking at holographic versatile disc somewhat differently, the media comprises of no readable data till a hologram actually forms. Consumer applications of HVD technology including home players and recorders appear to be at least several years off, so for the moment HD-DVD and Blu-ray will continue to rage in this crucial market. For commercial and professional users, however, the outcome of the current DVD format war may be doubtful as many of us seek solutions elsewhere in the three-dimensional shadows and fringes of the holographic versatile disc. First-generation holographic versatile disc recorders are likely to use a green laser recording system generally due to the lower cost. A higher energy blue laser will be introduced later to achieve full capacity as advertised. In both cases, a parallel red laser is also used as a reference for precise alignment of the data beam and optics. The red laser also provides compatibility with conventional red-laser CDs and DVDs currently available in the market. On the basis of region, market is subdivided as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa and South America.
Some of the major players in the holographic versatile disc market are Optware Corporation, Pulstec Industrial Co., Ltd and Hitachi, Ltd. among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.