Histidine is defined as α-amino acid that is used in the biosynthesis of proteins. It contains α-amino group, carboxylic acid, and imidazole side chain, classifying it as a positively charged amino acid at physiological pH. Histidine is defined as an amino acid used in the biosynthesis of proteins. It is the precursor of histamine and is considered important in the synthesis of purines. Akin to arginine and lysine, histidine is classified as a basic amino acid. However, histidine's side chain allows it to act as a base and an acid, both donating and accepting protons, which can be of considerable importance in its role as part of proteins. Histidine is synthesized from phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate (PRPP), a biochemical intermediate, which is made from ribose-5-phosphate by ribose-phosphate diphosphokinase during the pentose phosphate pathway. The properties of 22 synthetic peptides that contain histidine are designed based on the anti-oxidative peptide (Leu-Leu-Pro-His-His), which is derived from the proteolytic digestion of a soybean protein, and were examined with regard to their anti-oxidative activity against the peroxidation of linoleic acid and the scavenging effects on active oxygen and free radical species.
Increase in number of malnutrition patients, primarily in developing countries, is propelling the demand for histidine. Furthermore, rise in health concerns among the wide array of population is driving the histidine market. Slowdown in economic growth across the globe adversely impacted the histidine market. However, the outlook for the market appears relatively positive during the forecast period. Nevertheless, presence of cheaper substitutes is hampering the growth of the histidine market.
Based on product type, the histidine market can be segmented into tablets, capsules, fluids, and others. In terms of end-use industry, the histidine market can be divided into food industry, pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology, R&D laboratories, medical research institutes, and others. Based on production method, the histidine market can be split into fermentation method and hydrolysis method.
In terms of geography, the histidine market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Of these, Europe leads the histidine market in terms of revenue, which is followed by North America.
Key players operating in the histidine market include Angene Chemical Private Limited, Douglas Laboratories, Zealing Chemical Company Limited, MolPort, ABI Chemical, Acron Pharmaceuticals, Shine Star (Hubei) Biological Engineering Company Limited, Changzhou Highassay Chemical Company Limited, Ajinomoto, Kyowa Hakko Bio Company Limited, Huaheng Biological Technology Company Limited, Twinlabs, and MyProtein.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.