Hiking Gear & Equipment: Introduction
- Hiking gear and equipment are required during outdoor trips during multiple-day hikes, one day-hikes, backpacking trips, walking tours, and trekking.
- The required equipment is decided as per the distance, duration, environment, and planned activities. Weight is an important factor while selecting hiking gear.
Key Drivers of the Global Hiking Gear & Equipment Market
- Increasing interest in different types of sports activities among millennial and generation is expected to boost the market growth for hiking gear & equipment.
- Consumer awareness about the importance of short recreational activities, healthy lifestyles, and fitness regimes are driving the population toward adventure sports activities.
Rising Number of Outdoor Sports Activity to Create New Market Opportunities
- Increasing participation in hiking is boosting the sale of hiking gear and equipment. As per data released by Outdoor Foundation, in 2017 over 146.1 million people in the U.S. had participated in outdoor activity. This factor is likely to create new opportunity for market growth.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hiking Gear & Equipment Market, Request for a Sample
Growing Number of Accidents to Hamper the Market
- The average ratio of accidents during hiking trips has grown in the last few years. Limited consumer awareness in developing countries about the importance of using safety products during hiking is creating a huge challenge to the growth of this market.
Asia Pacific Expected to Experience Higher Growth in the Global Hiking Gear & Equipment Market
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing hiking gear & equipment market as a result of increasing number of outdoor sports activity in developing countries such as India, China, and Sri Lanka. Increase in disposable income among the middle class population coupled with growing consumer spending on tours and travels is expected to propel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific.
- North America is the largest market for hiking gear and equipment. Consumers indulge in adventure sports activity to get a break from their daily hectic lifestyles. Growing trend of experiencing the Appalachian Trail hike is driving people toward this activity. According to a report published by Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC), the average hiker count from Georgia to Maine doubled in 2017 with a head count of 3,735. This factor is driving sales of hiking gear in this region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global hiking gear & equipment market is fragmented in nature with the presence of large number of small and large players. Companies are adopting the strategy of product innovation & development as well as investing in geographical expansion. Adidas AG introduced premium hiking boots in February 2019. Some of the large players are acquiring small scale players to increase their product range and market share as well as geographical reach in the hiking gear & equipment market. A few of the key players operating in the global hiking gear & equipment market are listed below:
- The North Face
- Mountain Hardware
- Black Diamond Equipment Ltd.
- Marmot Mountain LLC
- Amer Sports
- Equinox Ltd.
- Montbell Co., Ltd.
- AMG-Group and Sierra Designs
Global Hiking Gear & Equipment: Research Scope
Global Hiking Gear & Equipment, by Product
Global Hiking Gear & Equipment, by Gender
Global Hiking Gear & Equipment, by Distribution Channel
Global Hiking Gear & Equipment, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global hiking gear & equipment market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.