High-Current Terminal Blocks Market Introduction
A high-current terminal block is defined as a power-driven connector in which the wires are clamped down to the metallic part by a bolt. It permits more than one circuit to connect to another circuit and frequently contains both copper and aluminum strips that are designed to connect different components. These strips make a bus bar for power supply which is sent to the related connected components.
A high-current terminal block is specifically designed to endure the harshest environment conditions and delivers a robust locking apparatus that foils un-mating of the connector pair under stress. Novel innovations in IEC DIN rail sectional blocks and NEMA have augmented the utilization of these high-current terminal blocks in harsh environments, construction, discrete manufacturing, conveyance lines, amusement park ride controls, special machines, commercial office buildings, building automation, and educational campuses.
High-Current Terminal Blocks Market- Competitive Landscape
- In August 2018, TE Connectivity acquired ABB’s ENTRELEC terminal block business. ABB’s terminal block business provides products and services across 70 countries worldwide. By this acquisition, TE Connectivity is expected to increase its geographical presence and also its market share worldwide.
- In October 2017, The Weidmüller Group acquired W Interconnections group companies in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada from Rockwell Automation, Inc. provides industrial connectivity and automation including terminal blocks (high-current, multilayer). This acquisition would help the company to increase its market presence specifically in the U.S and surrounded areas.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
TE Connectivity Ltd
Established in 2007, TE Connectivity Ltd is based in Switzerland. The company manufactures and commercializes connectivity and sensor solutions across the globe. It mainly operates its business through three segments: industrial solutions, communications solutions, and transportation solutions. Its transportation solutions segment provides connector systems, terminals & components, antennas, heat shrink tubing, relays, wires, and application tooling and sensors products for various end-users such as commercial transportation, automotive, and sensor markets.
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Founded in 1903 and located in the U.S., Rockwell Automation, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures information solutions and industrial automation worldwide. The company operates through two segments that include control products & solutions, and architecture & software solutions. It’s control products & solutions segment provides motor and circuit protection devices, low and medium voltage electro-mechanical devices, AC/DC variable frequency drives, electronic motor starters, and termination & protection devices.
Eaton Corporation PLC
Ireland based Eaton Corporation PLC was established in 1916. The company designs, develops, and manufactures electrical products and hydraulics products. Its electrical products segment provides single phase power quality products, power terminal blocks, electrical and industrial components, wiring devices, emergency lighting and fire detection products, circuit protection & lighting products and structural support systems.
Founded in 1938 and located in the U.S., Molex LLC manufactures electronic components and solutions across the globe. The company mainly provides sockets and edge cards, connectors, antennas/wireless solutions, cable assemblies, optical solutions, automation and industrial products, printed circuit boards, terminal blocks, single- and dual-row receptacles, lighting products, and wiring devices.
Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. Kg
Founded in 1923 and based in Germany, Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. Kg manufactures components and systems, and offers solutions for various industries such as electrical engineering, electronics, and automation. The company provides infrastructure socket outlets, AC/DC charging cables, terminal blocks, AC charging controllers, uninterruptible power supplies, park positions, charging technology sets, vehicle connector test adapters, DC charging controllers, parameterization memories, battery modules, and power supplies.
Some of the prominent players in the high-current terminal blocks market are Infineon Technologies AG, Microsemi Corporation, Wieland Electric GmbH, Weco Electrical Connectors Inc. Synqor Inc, and Modular Devices Inc.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
High-Current Terminal Blocks Market Dynamics
Advancements in Terminal Blocks Driving the High-Current Terminal Blocks Market
Rapid adoption of advancements in high-current terminal blocks such as miniaturization and through-hole reflow technology is significantly boosting the growth of the market worldwide. These technological advancements consist of spring contact versions that shorten the installation process and can help to reduce system costs. Consequently, some of the big OEMs such as Samsung Electronics, Apple, and Toyota utilize terminal blocks in their respective in their product designs.
Design-Related Difficulties in Terminal Blocks Restraining Market Growth
Manufacturers usually face so many difficulties in high-current terminal blocks that includes salt spray or cleaning applications, airborne chemicals, may result in corrosion of metal contact parts in terminal blocks. However, manufacturers are focusing on various connectivity technologies for terminal blocks to overcome this design issue. Additionally, manufacturers used emergency power-off boxes and various types of connectors that helps to stop broken or intermittent connections.
High-Current Terminal Blocks Market Segmentation
Based on type, the high-current terminal blocks market is segmented into
Based on industry, the high-current terminal blocks market is segmented into
- Telecom Equipment
- Industry Controls
- Business Equipment
- Power Supplies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.