High-Vacuum Gauge Market: Introduction
- The term ‘vacuum gauge’ refers to a pressure-measuring instrument that is used to measure pressure below 1 atmospheric pressure. Vacuum gauges are predominantly used for scientific research and process engineering applications.
- Vacuum gauges can be classified, depending on range of measuring vacuum pressure. An instrument used to measure pressure ranging from 760 torr to 25 torr is referred to as a low-vacuum gauge, 25 torr to 10-3 torr as a medium-vacuum gauge, and 10-3 torr to 10-9 torr as a high-vacuum gauge. Thermomolecular, penning, cold cathode magnetron, cold cathode invertor magnetron, hot cathode ionization, high-pressure ionization, modulator, and extractor are some of the types of gauges employed to measure pressure ranging from 10-3 torr to 10-9 torr.
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global High-vacuum Gauge Market
- Increase in investments in the exploration and production of hydrocarbon reserves to fulfill the demand for petroleum products is expected to drive the global high-vacuum gauge market during the forecast period. Rise in the demand to monitor pressure levels throughout an operation from the wellhead is making the adoption of vacuum gauges viable in the oil & gas industry.
- Surge in the demand for semiconductor chips from the electronics industry to manufacture several portable electronic devices, such as pad computers, laptops, and cell phones, is anticipated to fuel the global high-vacuum gauge market during the forecast period. In the semiconductor industry, vacuum gauges are employed to measure devices under vacuum. Furthermore, technological advancements in the design of vacuum gauges to enhance their operational efficiency are likely to fuel the global market for high-vacuum gauges during the forecast period. However, low-profit margins in the B2B marketplace is a major factor expected to hinder the global high-vacuum gauge market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Oil & Gas Segment Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Market
- The global high-vacuum gauge market can be segmented based on type, application, and region
- In terms of type, the global high-vacuum gauge market can be divided into thermomolecular, penning, cold cathode magnetron, cold cathode invertor magnetron, hot cathode ionization, high-pressure ionization, modulator & extractor, and others. Cold cathode gauge is one of the most extensively used gauges, as it is simple to design and operate.
- In terms of application, the global high-vacuum gauge market can be classified into semiconductor, industrial coating, communication, oil & gas, and others. The oil & gas segment is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period, due to increasing demand to monitor pressure level at the well site during operation. Furthermore, ongoing investments in activities for drilling of unconventional and conventional reserves are projected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- In the terms of protocol, the global high-vacuum gauge market can be classified into RS232/RS485, HART, PROFIBUS, Ethernet, and others. The RS232/RS485 protocol segment is anticipated to witness significant growth from 2019 to 2027, as this protocol allow communication of the digital gauge with vacuum gauge controller and other controllers.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global High-vacuum Gauge Market
- In terms of region, the global high-vacuum gauge market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The high-vacuum gauge market in North America is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to surge in the demand for pressure-measuring devices from the upstream sector for use in monitoring the pressure level at the well site. Furthermore, ongoing investments in the exploration and production of conventional and unconventional resources in North America is a key factor driving the market in the region.
- The high-vacuum gauge market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, due to increase in spending on production of electronic devices such as mobiles and laptops. Strong economic growth, rise in the living standards, and increase in the disposable income in developed as well as developing economies, such as India and China, are some of the key factors driving the market in the region.
- The high-vacuum gauge market in Europe is also projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, due to rising demand for use in the industrial coating application in the region
- The high-vacuum gauge market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. These regions are witnessing increase in the capital expenditure on offshore oil and gas drilling projects, which propels the demand for pressure level monitoring devices for use at well sites.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global high-vacuum gauge market are:
- MKS Instruments
- Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH
- Supervac Industries LLP
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- CANON ANELVA CORPORATION
- IES Technical Sales
- Teledyne Hastings Instruments
Global High-vacuum Gauge Market: Research Scope
Global High-vacuum Gauge Market, by Type
- Cold Cathode Magnetron
- Cold Cathode Invertor Magnetron
- Hot Cathode Ionization
- High-pressure Ionization
- Modulator & Extractor
Global High-vacuum Gauge Market, by Application
- Industrial Coating
- Oil & Gas
Global High-vacuum Gauge Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.