High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide: Introduction
- High purity aluminum hydroxide, also known as aluminic hydroxide or aluminic acid, is present in nature in the form of gibbsite mineral and its three polymorphs bayerite, doyleite, and nordstrandite. High purity aluminium hydroxide is manufactured by the Bayer process.
- In the Bayer process, bauxite is dissolved in sodium hydroxide solution at a temperature of 270 °C. Subsequently, sodium aluminate solution is allowed to precipitate after extraction of waste. Hence, precipitate obtained is aluminum hydroxide. By the calcination process, aluminum oxide can be obtained from aluminum hydroxide.
- High purity aluminum hydroxide has a wide range of applications in different end-use industries such as pharmaceutical, flame retardant additive in the plastics industry, filler in the cosmetics industry, glass manufacturing, and in the production of other aluminum compounds.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market
Key Drivers of High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market
- High purity aluminum hydroxide is primarily consumed as an antacid in pharmaceutical industries. It is suitable for treating an upset stomach, acid indigestion, heartburn, and sour stomach. High purity aluminum hydroxide is also utilized to reduce phosphate levels in individuals suffering from kidney issues. Presently, the consumption of packaged foods among adults has increased drastically, as compared to that of a decade ago. These packaged foods contain trans-fatty acids or unsaturated fatty acids, which increase the level of stomach acids. Street foods and snack foods have become a significant source of food for several people in low-income developing countries, as people migrate from rural to urban areas. Rise in consumption of processed snacks and foods containing harmful fatty acids has fueled the number of cases of ulcers and gastritis. High purity aluminum hydroxide can be used in the form of antacid or base to neutralize stomach acid and treat upset stomach. In addition to this, it is also used in the form of excipient to manufacture certain drugs. This is projected to boost the high purity aluminum hydroxide market.
- High purity aluminum hydroxide is primarily used as a filler in cosmetic products. Increase in disposable income of individuals is projected to increase the demand for cosmetics, which in turn is estimated to propel the demand for high purity aluminum hydroxide, a key ingredient of cosmetics in the near future.
- Consumption of polymers and plastics as building materials in the construction industry is increasing. High purity aluminum hydroxide is also utilized as a flame retardant additive in the manufacturing of wire & cables, window and door frames as well as plastic composites used in the automotive industry. Flame retardant additives, such as high purity aluminum hydroxide, are added to the polymer, which inhibits the combustion process, thereby limiting the amount of heat released. Demand for plastics as building material has increased owing to its low cost and environment concerns about the use of wood in construction. This in turn is estimated to fuel the sales of high purity aluminum hydroxide as a flame retardant additive during the forecast period.
Key Restraint of High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market
- Several alternatives of high purity aluminum hydroxide for different applications are available in market, which is likely to hamper the high purity aluminum hydroxide market
- In the pharmaceutical industry, calcium carbonate and milk of magnesia are normally consumed as antacid owing to their easy availability. In the plastic industry, high purity aluminum hydroxide can be replaced by other flame retardant additives such as halogenated flame retardant and phosphorus-based flame retardant and silicon-based flame retardants.
COVID-19 Impact on High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a mixed impact on the product’s end-use industries. The cosmetics industry accounts for a significantly share of the global high purity aluminum hydroxide market. However, the global cosmetics industry is facing supply-chain issues due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Several offline stores that provide cosmetics were shut down in numerous countries worldwide. Major manufacturers of cosmetics, such as L'Oréal S.A., and Estée Lauder, witnessed a decline in sales in first half of the 2020, as compared to the sales in the previous year. However, sales of L'Oréal S.A cosmetics through the online distribution channel increased 52.4% year-on-year. However, the consumption of high purity aluminum hydroxide in pharmaceutical applications has not been severely impacted by the pandemic as medical shops were allowed to remain open even during the lockdown.
High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global high purity aluminum hydroxide market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific and North America are anticipated to account for a major share of the global market during the forecast period. The high purity aluminum hydroxide market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace due to a rise in per capita income in developing countries such as China and India. Increase in per capita income is boosting the spending power of consumers. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the demand for high-purity chemical products in Asia Pacific. Additionally, a rise in usage of high purity aluminum hydroxide as flame retardant additive to manufacture construction materials is fueling its market in the region. Middle East & Africa is expected to be a market for high purity aluminum hydroxide during the forecast period due to a rise in the demand for flame retardant additives to manufacture automotive components in the region.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global high purity aluminum hydroxide market include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Limited
- Nabaltec AG
- Albemarle Corporation
- Almatis GmbH
- Showa Denko K. K.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- LKAB Minerals AB
- Nippon Light Metal Co., Ltd
- Nanoshel LLC
- US Research Nanomaterials, Inc.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- SkySpring Nanomaterials, Inc.
Global High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market: Research Scope
Global High Purity Aluminum Hydroxide Market, by Application
- Pharmaceuticals (Antacid)
- Polymer additive ( Flame retardant)
- Chemical intermediate
- Glass additive
- Filler in cosmetics
- Production of other aluminum compounds
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.