High-power Attenuators: Introduction
- Attenuators are passive devices that are designed to attenuate or weaken amplitude of a signal passing through a component. They are mostly used when the application requires lowering the signal level such as antenna input of a sensitive radio receiver.
- High-power attenuators have an average power rating of 100 watts and their power handling capacity is 2,000 watts or higher. Their two basic components are dummy load and variable wattage-splitter control. Most of them also come with components such as fans and heat sinks for heat dissipation.
Key Drivers of Global High-power Attenuator Market
- High-power attenuators is an integral component of a system wherein lowering the voltage is extremely necessary. This lowering is required so as to ensure that high-voltage signals do not damage any electric device. Thus, high-power attenuators are preferred in test and measurement applications as well as broadcasting and networking applications.
- Furthermore, in these applications, high-power attenuators play an important role for impedance matching. For example, in a case wherein output of a device is input to an RF mixer, impedance matching becomes a critical factor, as RF mixers are match sensitive and their performance can degrade if the matching is poor. Hence, attenuators are considered an ideal device to improve impedance matching.
- The above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the global high-power attenuator market during the forecast period
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Broadcasting & Networking Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Developed as well as developing countries are experiencing technological advancements in the field of networking & communication. This is resulting in rising demand for high-performance and power-efficient networking devices.
- Advent of 5G technology and rise in the deployment of LTE and LTE-advanced networks are expected to provide growth opportunities to the global broadcasting & networking equipment industry. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global high-power attenuator market during the forecast period.
Growing Complexity and Irregularity in Equipment to Hamper Global High-power Attenuator Market
- Growing complexity in equipment is posing a challenge to high-power attenuators to match with constantly changing technologies. Furthermore, manufacturers of test and measurement equipment are constantly demanding increase in power-handling requirements for several applications. In order to meet these requirements, manufacturers of high-power attenuators have started investing in research, testing, and custom manufacturing techniques. Impact of this restraint is expected to be medium in the short term and low during the second half of the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global High-power Attenuator Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global high-power attenuator market from 2019 to 2027, owing to presence of a large number of leading players in industries such as test & measurement and broadcasting & networking equipment in the region
- However, governments of countries in Asia, such as India, China, and Japan, are taking up initiatives to encourage industries to establish production and R&D facilities in these countries. Thus, the high-power attenuator market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global high-power attenuator market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of international as well as regional players in the market. A few of the key players operating in the global high-power attenuator market are:
- Advanced Technical Materials Inc.
- AVX (Kyocera Group)
- JFW Industries, Inc.
- Microsemi Corp
- Millimeter Wave Products Inc.
- Pasternack Enterprises, Inc.
- Radiall Group
- ROHDE & SCHWARZ
- Sage Millimeter Inc.
- Weinschel Associates
Global High-power Attenuator Market: Research Scope
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by Operating Type
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by Type
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by Connector Type
- Type N
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by Application
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics & Musical Instruments
- Aerospace & Defense
- Science & Research
- Broadcasting & Networking
Global High-power Attenuator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.