High Performance Polyamides: Introduction
- High performance polyamide (HPPA) is a type of synthetic thermoplastic resin from the polyamide family. It is a polyamide wherein the residues of terephthalic acid contain at least 55% of the molar percentage of dicarboxylic acid present in structural units in the polymer chain. Polymers are added to the HPPA resin to make it useful for specific applications. The combination of polymers and additives is referred to as a composite. Ingredients added to produce composites include minerals, flame retardants, fiberglass, and other chemicals.
- The aromatic content is supplemented in the form of isophthalic acid or terephthalic acid. The special monomeric structure of amorphous polyamides imparts heat resistance and transparency. Advantages of high performance polyamides include high melting point, reduced absorption of moisture, improved dimensional stability, and better retention of mechanical property at high temperature. Polymers are used in combination with other ingredients to make various products. Combination of polymer and additives is often referred to as plastic. Ingredients that are used to produce composites are fiberglass, mineral, heat stabilizers, and flame retardants.
- High performance polyamides are injection-molded into parts of different shapes that are used in various applications. Nomex and Kevlar are fibers made from aromatic polyamides, which offer high tensile strength and excellent resistance to high temperatures. Akin to any other thermoplastic, high performance polyamides can be fully recycled by re-melting.
- High performance polyamides offer characteristics such as high thermal stability, greater chemical resistance, high dielectric strength, low shrinkage, and greater design flexibility. As a result, they are used in a wide range of end-use industries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global High Performance Polyamides Market
- Rapid advancements in thermoplastic polymers and high adoption of high performance polyamides by automotive manufacturers, owing to properties such as excellent strength and toughness when exposed to hot, aggressive fluids, and hot air, are major factors expected to drive the global high performance polyamides market in the near future. Increase in sale of automotive across the globe is another factor anticipated to boost the market.
- Growth in the electronics sector in developed and developing countries, rise in demand for advanced electronic devices, and manufacturers’ approach toward integration of high performance polyamides in various components are other factors estimated to boost the global market during the forecast period.
- High cost of high performance polyamides is a major factor estimated to hamper the market in the near future. Availability of various alternatives is another factor projected to adversely affect the global high performance polyamides market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
High Performance Polyamides: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global high performance polyamides market can be segmented into automotive, pharmaceuticals, electrical & electronics, industrial, and others (textile, oil & gas, etc.)
- High performance polyamides can withstand extreme conditions such as long term exposure to heat, chemicals, and moisture. Improvement in economic conditions and weight reduction in automotive sector have played key roles in the growth of the market. Thus, the automotive segment is estimated to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on High Performance Polyamides Market
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 100 countries around the globe. The World Health Organization has declared it a public health emergency. The global impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is expected to significantly affect the high performance polyamides market in the near future.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industries such as automotive by hampering the supply chain. It is also expected to adversely affect manufacture, distribution, and supply of high performance polyamides in the near future.
North America to be Key Region of Global High Performance Polyamides Market
- In terms of region, the global high performance polyamides market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate in the global high performance polyamides market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to high demand for these polyamides among medical manufacturers and rise in new products offered by major players operating in the countries in the region. Strategic expansion activities by major players through mergers and acquisitions is another factor expected to propel the market in North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global High Performance Polyamides Market
The global high performance polyamides market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global high performance polyamides market include:
- Arkema S.A.
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Kuraray Co.Ltd
- Radici Group SpA
- EMS chemie holding AG
Global High Performance Polyamides Market: Research Scope
Global High Performance Polyamides Market, by Type
- PA 6T
- PA 10
- PA 11
- PA 12
Global High Performance Polyamides Market, by End-user
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (Textile, Oil & Gas, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.