High-Frequency Transformer Market: Introduction
- High-frequency transformers operate according to the same basic principles as standard transformers
- The main difference, as the name implies, is that they operate at much higher frequencies. Most line voltage transformers function at 50 or 60 Hz, while high frequency transformers use frequencies from 20 kHz to above 1 MHz.
- There are many advantages of operating at higher frequencies, one of which is size. The higher the frequency, the smaller the transformer for some power rating. Furthermore, smaller transformers require less copper wire, reduce losses, and improve transformer efficiency.
- The core is usually ferrite, and is available in a variety of geometries so that the transformer can suit the application. Ferrite cores may be placed to comply with the requirements, regardless of whether additional shields or specific form factors are required. However, the advantages of light weight, small size, and higher power density pose some challenges. Minimizing issues such as skin effects and proximity is a serious concern when designing high frequency transformers.
- High frequency transformers are employed in various systems, such as battery management systems, electric compressors, DCDC converters, inverters, LED lights, electric vehicle charging systems and on-board chargers of automobiles both gas and electric manufactured presently
- Rising trend toward smaller components and the need for high performance and reliability are key factors boosting the popularity of high frequency transformers
- The automotive industry, based on trends, such as connected vehicles, IoT, autonomous control, electric and hybrid vehicles, and alternative fuel vehicles, is expected to create significant opportunities for the high-frequency transformer market.
Rising Demand for High-Frequency Transformer in Industrial Sector
- Based on end-use industry, the market can be segmented into industrial, aerospace and defense, healthcare, energy and utilities, consumer electronics and others
- The industrial segment of the global high-frequency transformer market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a rise in adoption of different technologies in the industrial segment for advanced control and automation
- High frequency transformers are used in battery chargers, inverters, robotics, UPS, motor drives, and other industrial equipment
- The industrial robotics industry has been expanding significantly for the last few years, with robots being used in machine tending, welding, cutting, grinding, soldering, and assembly and other applications
- Rising preference for automation technologies and robotics in the industrial sector is expected to offer considerable opportunities for the global high frequency transformer market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global High-Frequency Transformer Market
- In terms of region, the global high-frequency transformer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major market for high frequency transformer globally due to large investments in some of the fastest growing economies and industrial sectors in the region
- China is the largest manufacturing hub in the world, so there is a high demand for high-frequency transformers in the country.
- The high-frequency transformer market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high growth rate due to presence of major players in the region and increased competition among them. The market in North America and Europe is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period due to less competition in the market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global High-Frequency Transformer Market
Major players operating in global high-frequency transformer market are focusing on the growing adoption of technologies such as IIoT and artificial intelligence in the manufacturing sector and rapid industrialization, which in turn is boosting the demand for high-frequency transformers at a significant rate. Thus, all these factors are expected to propel the high-frequency transformer market. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative and advanced technologies.
Key players operating in the global high-frequency transformer market include:
- TDK Corporation
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Delta Electronics Inc.
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- TT Electronics
- Falco Electronics
- Coilcraft Inc.
- ABC Taiwan Electronics Corp.
- GCI Technologies
- CTM Magnetics
- Pulse Electronics
- Agile Magnetics, Inc.
- Bel Fuse Inc.
- Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.
- Sumida Corporation
- Vietnam Tabuchi Electric Co. Ltd.
- Bourns, Inc.
- Kuk Wijdeven
- Yuan Dean Scientific Co. Ltd.
- Coilmaster Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Able Coil & Electronics Company, Inc.
- GT Electronic India Pvt. Ltd.
- L/C Magnetics
- Ice Components, Inc.
- Marque Magnetics
- GEI Inc.
Global High-Frequency Transformer Market: Research Scope
Global High-Frequency Transformer Market, by Power Output
- Up to 50W
- 51- 100W
- Others (101- 400W, 401W and Above etc.)
Global High-Frequency Transformer Market, by Application
- Power Supplies
- Alternative Energy Inverters
- Electronic Switching Devices
- LED Lighting
- Others (Plasma Generation, Personal Electronics etc.)
Global High-Frequency Transformer Market, by End-use Industry
- Military & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Others (Energy and utilities, Healthcare etc.)
Global High-Frequency Transformer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa