High Dispersible Silica Market
High Dispersible Silica Market (Form: Granular and Micropearl; and Application: Tires, Industrial Rubber Products, and Footwear) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Market Players Collaborate with Tire Manufacturers to Improve Performance and Quality
Since its discovery in 1970, high dispersible silica is extensively used in an array of applications wherein rubber reinforcement is critical. The demand for high dispersible silica is on the rise, as tire manufacturers continue to rely on the same to introduce high quality and innovative tires to the global markets. Moreover, the demand for high dispersible silica is projected to move in the upward trajectory, as it enables the automotive sector to improve fuel efficiency, tire resistance, and traction. Within the high dispersible silica market, a large number of market players are closely working in tandem with tire manufacturers to roll out products that are in line with the requirements of the industry.
High dispersible silica is predominantly used along with silane coupling agents for improving wet traction, balancing wear resistance, improve chip, cut, tear, cut-growth resistance, etc. Furthermore, high dispersible silica also plays an important role in improving the stiffness around the bead area and a host of other non-tread applications. At the back of these advantages coupled with a surge in demand for green tires and rising demand for rubber products in various end-use industries, the global high dispersible silica market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 1.8 Bn by the end of 2027.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Soaring Adoption of Green Tires to Influence High Dispersible Silica Market Growth
The automotive sector continues to evolve at a rapid pace and with it, tire specifications. As automotive companies continue to focus on improving the performance of tires, manufacturers in the global high dispersible silica market are expected to tap into these prevalent opportunities to improve their position in the market for high dispersible silica during the forecast period. In addition, market players in the global high dispersible silica market are expected to align their product development activities in tune with the demand from the automotive sector, particularly for original equipment passenger car tires. Although these requirements were being catered to by tread compounds and high loadings of silane coupling agents, research and development studies have emphasized on the potential benefits of using high dispersible silica to improve wet traction and rolling resistance without impacting the tread wear. Manufacturers are increasingly investing resources in research and development activities to improve the quality and properties of silica. Companies are also expected to improve their knowledge base pertaining to the production and properties of silica.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
In recent years, environmental concerns and stringent guidelines are influencing trends and operations in the automotive sector. One of the trends that have gained a significant amount of momentum in recent times is the growing affinity toward green tires. The push for sustainable mobility is expected to be a major driving force that is likely to propel the high dispersible silica market. In addition, the adoption of high dispersible silica is also on the rise, owing to its high tear strength with no abnormal surge in Flexometer heat build-up. Tire manufacturers are increasingly focusing on launching new types of green tires, particularly in nations across the Asia Pacific region, including Japan, China, and India.
Market Players Focus on Expanding Production Capabilities, Building New Production Lines
Within the global high dispersible silica market, companies are increasingly focusing on moving ahead by expanding their manufacturing capacity, collaborating with tire companies, and investing in research and development activities. While market players continue to formulate novel ways to move ahead of the competition, companies should tap into opportunities in the Asia Pacific region to attain that goal.
In June 2018, Evonik Industries announced that the company is expanding its high dispersible silica production capacity due to consistent rise in demand from the tire industry. The company announced that it is on course to expand its annual production capacity in Turkey by 40,000 metric tons, a nation where it jointly operates with EGE KIMYA. The new production plant is expected to start operating by 2020. Tata Chemicals announced that the company is set to setup two new manufacturing facilities in the Indian states of Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh to increase the production of high dispersible silica.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in High Dispersible Silica Market , ask for a customized report
The global high dispersible silica market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to the soaring demand for high dispersible silica from the tire industry. Evolving guidelines within the automotive sector wherein sustainability and environment safety are at the forefront are likely to mold the business models of key participants operating in the global high dispersible silica market. Companies should focus on expanding their production capacity to fulfill the soaring demand for high dispersible silica.
High Dispersible Silica Market: Overview
- High dispersible silica is a form of precipitated silica, which is predominantly used by manufacturers of green tires. High dispersible silica offers long service life, good winter performance, low rolling resistance, and excellent handling properties on dry and wet surfaces of tires. Silica is an active high-performance ingredient of rubber compounds. However, only well dispersed and homogenous silica particles are able to provide maximum reinforcement to rubber compounds. High dispersible silica is used in combination with bifunctional silane as a coupling agent. It is essential to achieve a good level of abrasion resistance in tires.
Rise in Demand for Rubber Products in End-use Industries to Drive High Dispersible Silica Market
- Rubber products witness significant demand in industrial, automotive, and performance-demanding applications, due to their unique properties. Rubber offers excellent mechanical properties and resistance to heat, oil, and fluids in several demanding applications.
- In terms of volume, the automotive industry is a major consumer of industrial rubber products, which are used in various dynamic and static seals, tires, and hoses
- High dispersible silica is largely used as a reinforcing filler in the production of industrial rubber products, as it imparts high stiﬀness, lower abrasion, higher tear resistance, and long durability to rubber products
- Thus, increase in the demand for industrial rubber products from several industries is anticipated to propel the global high dispersible silica market during the forecast period
Low Awareness about Benefits of Green Tires to Hamper High Dispersible Silica Market
- High dispersible silica is largely used as a filler in energy-efficient tires to improve the vehicle mileage. Green tires is a new product and consumers are not yet aware of all benefits associated with energy-efficient tires such as lower rolling resistance.
- Consumers that consider green tires a costly product, without understanding its technological benefits, generally do not adopt them. Thus, lack of consumer awareness about green tires has adversely affected the global market for high dispersible silica. However, consumer knowledge about the product is expected to improve during the forecast period, as most countries are in the process of developing or have enacted new regulations requiring labels for tires. These labelling systems would provide consumers with transparent and objective information about the quality of tires that they would be purchasing. As a result, they can make better choices, taking into consideration the road conditions climate, and type of driving, they are likely to encounter.
Production of High Dispersible Silica from Rice Husk to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Rice husk is a hard, protective covering of the rice grain. In 2017, approximately 700 million tons of rice paddy was grown across the world with Asia Pacific accounting for nearly 90% share of the total production. One ton of rice paddy produces 220 kilograms of rice husk, which is nearly 22% of the weight of the rice paddy grown.
- Rice husk obtained after milling the rice is converted into rice husk ash (RHA). Silica is a major constituent of rice husk ash. Rice husk ash contains approximately 80% to 90% of silica. The rate of recovery of precipitated silica from rice husk ash is 90%–95%, if the conversion efficiency is more than 70%. Thus, rice husk ash is one of the most economical raw materials used for production of silica (including high dispersible silica).
- Ready availability of raw materials, low capital investments, and high profitability in producing silica from rice husk ash are expected to create lucrative opportunities for silica manufacturers during the forecast period
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in High Dispersible Silica Market
- In April 2018, Tata Chemicals Limited signed an agreement with Allied Silica Limited to acquire the latter’s precipitated silica business division for US$ 16.83 Mn. The business transfer agreement with Allied Silica Limited includes acquisition of its existing manufacturing site in Tamil Nadu (India), which produces highly dispersible silica (HDS). This acquisition would lead to building of technologically enabled, differentiated businesses of Tata Chemicals Limited.
North America to Dominate High Dispersible Silica Market
- North America dominated the global high dispersible silica market in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, due to increase in the demand for green tires in the automotive industry. Rise in the number of accidents caused by tire bursts has boosted the demand for energy efficient tires in North America.
- Europe is estimated to be a highly attractive region of the global high dispersible silica market during the forecast period. Germany constituted a leading share of the high dispersible silica market in the region in 2018. Growth of the high dispersible silica market in Europe can be primarily ascribed to the increase in vehicle sales and fleet size and strict government regulations on tire energy labelling.
- The high dispersible silica market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Surge in investments in the automobile sector primarily in developing countries, such as China and India, and increase in efforts by manufacturers to reduce rolling resistance and improve vehicle fuel efficiency are expected to boost the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Highly Competitive High Dispersible Silica Market
- The global high dispersible silica market is highly competitive, with the presence of a large number of players operating at local, regional, and international levels
- Key players operating in the global high dispersible silica market are
- Solvay S.A.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- W. R. Grace & Co.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Oriental Silicas Corporation
- Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- Agile Nobel
- Oryzasil Silicas Naturais
- Madhu Silica Pvt. Ltd.
High Dispersible Silica Market - Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global high dispersible silica market to accurately gauge its future growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important drivers, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for future growth of the high dispersible silica market in order to identify growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global high dispersible silica market would expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019–2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global high dispersible silica market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global high dispersible silica market during the forecast period. It also includes an assessment of key indicators that highlight growth prospects for the global high dispersible silica market and estimate statistics related to market growth in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (kilo tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global high dispersible silica market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the global high dispersible silica market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global High Dispersible Silica Market
The report provides detailed information about the global high dispersible silica market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in promoting the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions about companies that are currently operating in the global high dispersible silica market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which form segment of the global high dispersible silica market would emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- Which application segment of the global high dispersible silica market would emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the competitive global high dispersible silica market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global high dispersible silica market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global high dispersible silica market?
Research Methodology – High Dispersible Silica Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global high dispersible silica market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global high dispersible silica market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of the data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global high dispersible silica market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global high dispersible silica market.
High Dispersible Silica Market: Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global high dispersible silica market based on form, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing the growth prospects for the global high dispersible silica market.
Industrial Rubber Products
Middle East & Africa