High Barrier Packaging Films Market
High Barrier Packaging Films Market (High Barrier Films Type: Metalized Films, Clear Films, Organic Coating Films, and Inorganic Oxide Coating Films; Material: Plastic, Aluminum, Oxides, and Others; Packaging Type: Pouches, Bags, Lids, Shrink Films, Laminated Tubes, and Others; and End User Base: Food, Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Electronic Devices, Medical Devices, Agriculture, Chemicals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Rise in Demand for Packaged Foods to Drive High Barrier Packaging Films Market
For a product to keep its integrity intact, it is important to provide them with all-important barrier properties such as moisture, gas, and aroma. High barrier films play a major role in providing products with required properties, and helps in extending the shelf life of the product. It also helps to make the structure recyclable with all layers relating to the same family of polymers. Moreover, high barrier films have an impermeable co-extruded & resilient structure. It is solvent-free and usually does not react with packaged food.
The high barrier packaging films help prevent contact with oxygen, carbon dioxide, or moisture while restricting the effect of mineral oil and UV light. This powerful barrier, created using functional materials, also holds the qualities of food such as color, taste, texture, aroma, and flavor. Moreover, currently, the world is witnessing increased popularity of ready-to-eat food, influencing consumer shift toward packaged products. Hectic work-life balance and increasing workload are also contributing to the rising demand for packaged foods by working professionals. Thus, with the growing demand for packaged food, the global high barrier packaging films market is expected to rise during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the High Barrier Packaging Films Market
Disrupted Supply Chain of Raw Materials Severely Impacted Demand for Packaging Films
As the COVID-19 outbreak has spread and its humanitarian impact has grown, businesses that help provide for primary needs, such as getting food and required supplies safely to consumers, are increasingly affected. With food packaging being the high barrier packaging films market’s largest area of activity, the multi-billion worldwide industry is on the front lines. The coronavirus pandemic has already led to some of the sharpest drops in modern times in demand for certain types of packaging films, while stimulating growth for others such as high barrier packaging for eCommerce shipments that are rising as lifelines in this new world. Such changes are presenting many businesses with a new set of challenges.
The spread of COVID-19 pandemic has been limited in several countries and serious efforts are being made to eradicate the virus globally. With the restoration of the supply chain and logistics, raw materials would be available, restoring the manufacturing industry. Businesses across all industries are likely to increase their production capacity to flatten the demand curve, which can prove significant for the high barrier packaging films market post COVID-19. Moreover, the increasing growth in consumption of food and pharmaceutical packaging products is most likely to overcome the present restraints in the demand.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Protection, Visibility Required for Medical Products Fuel Demand for Barrier Packaging Films
People across the world have become more health-conscious with the rising prevalence of harmful viruses and bacteria. The trend of living a healthy lifestyle and increasing preference for safe and hygienic products have boosted the pharmaceutical and medical sectors. These sectors, being major end users, are anticipating an increased demand in the global high barrier packaging films market. The high barrier packaging films in medical sectors are mostly used to protect medicines against oxygen, water, light, moisture, chemical, bacteria, and germs, and protect medical products. The films are resilient, strong against tear, and puncture-resistant, which can be essential while packaging and transportation. In addition, the medicine visibility is higher while using barrier packaging films for packing. Furthermore, high barrier films shield the medicinal products against environmental impacts, safeguard the quality, and improve the shelf life of the products.
The global high barrier packaging films are witnessing higher demand from the food & beverage industry. The food segment presently holds the highest market value share among all end users. Moreover, increased consumption and demand for processed and ready-to-eat packaged foods in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the high barrier packaging films market in the region during the forecast period.
The high barrier packaging films market is expected to cross US$ 26.6 Bn by 2029, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on High Barrier Packaging Films Market
The high barrier packaging films help maintain rich flavors and aromas by forming a tightly sealed barrier system. Thus, high barrier films for food packaging are set for sturdy growth outpacing the general trends of food packaging. However, the plastic used in packaging such as polyethylene and polypropylene is hard to recycle and causes environmental concerns. This is expected to hamper the growth of the high barrier packaging films market. Nevertheless, developments and studies to replace non-recyclable plastics with biodegradable resources are most likely to overcome the restraints of the market. Moreover, the growing requirement and development of digital printing are contributing toward the progress of the global high barrier packaging films market.
High Barrier Packaging Films Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global high barrier packaging films market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is estimated to grow owing to the demand for flexible packaging in food & beverages, pharmaceutical, healthcare, and other industries
Increased Consumer Preference for Ready-to-eat, Processed Food to Shape Market for High Barrier Packaging Films
- In today's fast-growing world, the preference for ready-to-eat food is driven by consumers' changing behavior toward food consumption. Moreover, due to busy lifestyle, lack of time for cooking at home for working professionals, students willing to spend more money on packed food, and rise in the demand for convenient products, the market is expected to grow.
- There is high demand for ready-to-cook, freezer-to-microwave, ready-made packed meals, and processed foods, which are easy to carry, open, and require less time for preparation
- Demand for food delivery at home or workplaces, and food-on-the-go and food-on-the-shelf products is rising. However, such processed food products lose food quality after contact with the environment, chemical, and atmospheric conditions. Therefore, the high barrier packaging films premier packaging can increase the shelf life of these products; high barrier packaging films keep the product incredibly fresh.
- High barrier packaging films also retain the quality, taste, flavor, aroma, texture, and aesthetic look of food products, boosting the demand for high barrier packaging film products
Rise in Digitalization, eCommerce to Influence Growth of High Barrier Packaging Films Market
- Groundbreaking shift for an eCcommerce business is strongly driven by consumers' increased online shopping trend and excessive use of smartphones. eCommerce is different than a regular traditional business, which includes easy, efficient, and economical packaging requirements.
- Demand for eCommerce has increased, as products can be ordered and received anywhere as per customer convenience. The high barrier packaging film has tear-resistant, flexible, transparent, tamper-proof options. It protects the product from damage and environmental effects, which help in easy and safe shipping and transportation of products.
- Supermarkets are growing popular among consumers due to a wide variety of product ranges of premium brands. In addition, products with high barrier packaging film packaging are making in-roads into hypermarkets and big retail chains in developing and developed countries, due to their extended shelf life, superior food quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Digitalization is a transformative trend for the food packaging industry. Digital printing on high barrier films allows a variety of designs on the packaging. In addition, it offers personalization to a product, which grabs attention of consumers. All these factors will propel the high barrier packaging films market.
Customization Trend to Fuel Sales of High Barrier Packaging Films
- Customized high barrier packaging film production differs depending on specific customized and applications requirements from industries. Customized high barrier films are manufactured according to the thickness and different layer options depending on which products need to be packed.
- Each product is unique, and every customer's need is different. Customized high barrier films offer personalization to a product and enhance the product's branding image.
Negative Environmental Impact of Plastic Material Packaging May Restrain Market Growth
- High barrier packaging films are made of different plastic materials, i.e., polyethylene, polypropylene, etc. This material is non-biodegradable, hard to recycle, and harmful for the environment, including water and land. Governments and environmentalists have been spreading awareness regarding the hazards of plastic. In the packaging segment, there is over 40% plastic usage. Plastic takes years to decompose and hence, many countries do not favor its consumption.
- According to the Plastic Oceans International Organization, around 380 million tons of plastic is produced every year, and only 9% of it is recycled. Due to plastic pollution, every year, one million marine animals die. It is estimated that by 2050, there will be more plastic than fish in oceans.
- Federal lawmakers in the US, in February 2020, introduced the first-ever bill to reduce single-use plastic nationwide. They introduced Federal legislation addressing the growing plastics crisis.
- Manufacturers have to obey these regulations regarding plastic usage. As a result, there will be a decline in the growth of the high barrier packaging films market.
High Barrier Packaging Films Market: Key Findings
- The food segment holds the highest market value share of the global high barrier packaging films among end-use industries. Meat, seafood, and poultry industries in the food sector are holding major market share of 25%, whereas the ready-to-eat meals segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period.
- As per the TMR analysis, across the global market, the consumption of high barrier packaging films is expected to grow in the Asia Pacific region, due to increased consumption and demand for processed and ready-to-eat packaged foods. Additionally, rise in purchasing power, shift in spending practices, and increase in disposable income of middle-class families could augment the growth of high barrier packaging films in this region.
- Due to recyclable and biodegradable innovative packaging solutions, the high barrier packaging films market is estimated to grow. However, plastic material type high barrier films are expected to drive a substantial market share of 71.4% by 2029.
- The pouches packaging type segment will account for ~52.5% market share by 2029. Pouch packaging creates more storage, is easy to carry and open, safe for handling, and has consistent dispensing results.
High Barrier Packaging Films Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the high barrier packaging films market is highly competitive, owing to a large number of local players in the market. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of companies.
- TMR Group offers outlines of key players in the high barrier packaging films market study, which include
- Amcor Plc
- Sealed Air Corp
- Glenroy, Inc.
- Winpak Ltd.
- Mondi Plc
- Toray Plastics (America) Inc.
- Schur Flexible GmnH
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- Jindal Poly Films Ltd.
- Uflex Ltd.
- Cosmo Films Ltd.
- Bischof & Klein SE & Co. KG
- ProAmpac Intermediate, Inc.
- Plastissimo Film Co., Ltd.
- Celplast Metallized Products Ltd.
- Dummore Corporation
- Polyplex Corporation Limited
- Shrinath Rotopack Pvt Ltd
- ACG Worldwide Private Limited
- TMR distinguished these high barrier packaging films market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs.
Impact of COVID-19 on High Barrier Packaging Films Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has made a profound impact on the market and the people across the globe. The economy is affected due to travel restrictions, lockdowns, and office shutdowns. In addition, the food packaging industry has suffered due to stringent lockdowns and supply chain disruptions. As a result, many logistics, food packaging, and eCommerce companies announced delays in delivering the products and reduced sales.
- Food and beverages are considered essential products, and there was a massive demand for these products during the lockdown. High barrier films ensure the food reaches the consumer safely, and prevent food loss from wastage and contamination. As the high barrier film packaging ensures food safety, extends the shelf life, and enhances food quality, it is considered an effective food packaging solution during crisis.
- People have become more health-conscious, aware of hygiene and safety in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Medicines are life-saving drugs, which require the highest safety and protection against environmental influences. High barrier packaging films protect medicines against oxygen, water, light, moisture, chemical, bacteria, and germs, and increase their life. Thus, this will have a positive impact on the high barrier packaging films market.
- High barrier packaging films market is expected to recover from COVID-19 and a decent progress of the market is expected in 2021-2022 with a year-on-year growth of 4.8% to 5%
High Barrier Packaging Films Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global high barrier packaging films market, providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the high barrier packaging films market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses.
The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the high barrier packaging films market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s High Barrier Packaging Films Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the high barrier packaging films market?
- Which end user base will be the most lucrative for high barrier packaging films market?
- What will be market size for high barrier packaging films market by the end of 2029?
- Which is the most preferred packaging type in the global high barrier packaging market?
- Which is the top selling high barrier packaging films by high barrier films type?
- Which country will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five market players of global high barrier packaging films market?
- Which material type holds maximum market share of the high barrier packaging films market?
- Who are major key players in the high barrier packaging films market?
Key indicators associated with the global high barrier packaging films market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the high barrier packaging films market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the high barrier packaging films market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of high barrier packaging films. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the high barrier packaging films market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the high barrier packaging films market are provided on the basis of high barrier films type, material type, end user base, packaging type, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The high barrier packaging films market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the high barrier packaging films market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. It also highlights key end users for high barrier packaging films market.
The TMR Group includes outlines of key players in the global high barrier packaging films market study, which include Amcor Plc, Sealed Air Corp, Glenroy, Inc., Winpak Ltd., Mondi Plc, Toray Plastics (America) Inc., Schur Flexible GmnH, Huhtamaki Oyj, Jindal Poly Films Ltd., Uflex Ltd., Cosmo Films Ltd., Bischof & Klein SE & Co. KG, ProAmpac Intermediate, Inc., Plastissimo Film Co., Ltd., Celplast Metallized Products Ltd., Dummore Corporation, Polyplex Corporation Limited, Shrinath Rotopack Pvt Ltd, and ACG Worldwide Private Limited. TMR distinguished these high barrier packaging films market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the high barrier packaging films market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the high barrier packaging films market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the high barrier packaging films market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
High Barrier Packaging Films Market – Segmentation
The global high barrier packaging films market has been classified on the basis of high barrier films type, material type, end user base, packaging type, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.
|High Barrier Films Type||
|End User Base||