High-barrier Lidding Films Market: A Premium Packaging Solution
- Increase in working population has resulted in rise in the demand for ready-to-eat meals across the globe. This factor, along with increase in the demand for precut packaged meat, is driving the demand for high-barrier lidding films worldwide. High barrier lidding films provide a clear view of the product packaged.
- High-barrier lidding films possess excellent moisture seal and they are steam free. These properties help these films provide excellent shelf life to packaged products. These films also help reduce the overall packaging weight significantly. Additionally, these films are printable and they can be customized as per the needs.
- High-barrier lidding films can maintain flavor and aroma of the packaged product and they can offer shelf life of more than a year at ambient temperatures. These films can be used to seal a wide variety of substrates such as CPET, APET, PVC, PE, and EVOH. Major end-use industries of high-barrier lidding films include health care & pharmaceutical, food & beverages, and personal care & cosmetics.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the High-barrier Lidding Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Increase in Number of Occupational Injuries to Boost Demand for High-barrier Lidding Films
- Growth of the global food & beverages industry has been a key driver of the global packaging industry. Growth of the packaged food industry is anticipated to boost the demand for high-barrier lidding films in the near future. Additionally, rise in the consumption of packaged meat is likely to drive the global high-barrier lidding films market in the near future. Increase in the focus on health and fitness is estimated to propel the demand for bottled water in developed regions in the next few years.
- High-barrier lidding films are also employed in the packaging of health care and medical products. With increasing awareness about healthy lifestyle and risen spending power of people in developing countries, the demand for high-barrier lidding films is anticipated to increase in the near future.
- Furthermore, excellent sealing provided by high barrier films for moisture/steam, flavor, and aroma is anticipated to propel the demand for these films in various end-use industries, such as food & beverages, healthcare & pharmaceutical, and personal care & cosmetics, across the world during the forecast period
Food & Beverages and Personal Care & Cosmetics End-use Industries to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- High-barrier lidding films have excellent barrier properties. Hence, use of these films is gaining momentum in applications wherein longer shelf life is desired. Furthermore, these films are used in the personal care & cosmetics sector. Rise in the demand for high-quality cosmetics in developing countries is anticipated to drive the demand for high-barrier lidding films in the personal care & cosmetics industry in these countries in the near future.
- Rise in urbanization and increase in FDIs in the food & beverages sector, typically in India, China, and South Korea, are likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of high-barrier lidding films in the near future
- Surge in the demand for high-barrier lidding films for use in industries such as food & beverages and healthcare & pharmaceutical is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global high-barrier lidding films market in the next few years
Intense Competition from Substitutes to Hamper Market
- High-barrier lidding films faces intense competition from their conventional substitutes, due to excellent cost-to-performance ratio provided by the conventional lidding films. This factor is anticipated to hamper the high-barrier lidding films market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on High-barrier Lidding Films Market here
Asia Pacific to Lead Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market
- In terms of region, the global high-barrier lidding films market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of high-barrier lidding films worldwide, followed by Europe and North America. Rise in the demand for packaged meat in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. is expected to generate high demand for high-barrier lidding films during the forecast period. Additionally, shift in consumer preference toward health and hygiene in developing countries of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer considerable opportunity to manufacturers of high-barrier lidding films operating in the region during the forecast period.
- Rise in foreign direct investments in the food & beverages industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific is also likely to fuel the high-barrier lidding films market in the region during the forecast period
- Increase in the adoption of lidding films as a packaging material in the personal care & cosmetics industry is expected to drive the demand for high-barrier lidding films in North America and Europe between 2019 and 2027
- Rise in the demand for pre-cut meat in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to boost the high-barrier lidding films market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market
The global high-barrier lidding films market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 10%–15% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Uflex Ltd
- Amcor Limited
- Berry Global Group Inc.
- Winpak Ltd
- LINPAC Packaging Limited
- Schur Flexibles Holding GmbH
- Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd
- Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation
- Multi-Plastics, Inc.
- Golden Eagle Extrusions Inc.
- FFP Packaging Solutions Ltd
- Impak Films Pty. Ltd
- Flexopack SA
- TCL Packaging Ltd
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market: Research Scope
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by Material
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.