High-barrier Lidding Films Market: A Premium Packaging Solution
- Increase in working population has resulted in rise in the demand for ready-to-eat meals across the globe. This factor, along with increase in the demand for precut packaged meat, is driving the demand for high-barrier lidding films worldwide. High barrier lidding films provide a clear view of the product packaged.
- High-barrier lidding films possess excellent moisture seal and they are steam free. These properties help these films provide excellent shelf life to packaged products. These films also help reduce the overall packaging weight significantly. Additionally, these films are printable and they can be customized as per the needs.
- High-barrier lidding films can maintain flavor and aroma of the packaged product and they can offer shelf life of more than a year at ambient temperatures. These films can be used to seal a wide variety of substrates such as CPET, APET, PVC, PE, and EVOH. Major end-use industries of high-barrier lidding films include health care & pharmaceutical, food & beverages, and personal care & cosmetics.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the High-barrier Lidding Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Increase in Number of Occupational Injuries to Boost Demand for High-barrier Lidding Films
- Growth of the global food & beverages industry has been a key driver of the global packaging industry. Growth of the packaged food industry is anticipated to boost the demand for high-barrier lidding films in the near future. Additionally, rise in the consumption of packaged meat is likely to drive the global high-barrier lidding films market in the near future. Increase in the focus on health and fitness is estimated to propel the demand for bottled water in developed regions in the next few years.
- High-barrier lidding films are also employed in the packaging of health care and medical products. With increasing awareness about healthy lifestyle and risen spending power of people in developing countries, the demand for high-barrier lidding films is anticipated to increase in the near future.
- Furthermore, excellent sealing provided by high barrier films for moisture/steam, flavor, and aroma is anticipated to propel the demand for these films in various end-use industries, such as food & beverages, healthcare & pharmaceutical, and personal care & cosmetics, across the world during the forecast period
Food & Beverages and Personal Care & Cosmetics End-use Industries to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- High-barrier lidding films have excellent barrier properties. Hence, use of these films is gaining momentum in applications wherein longer shelf life is desired. Furthermore, these films are used in the personal care & cosmetics sector. Rise in the demand for high-quality cosmetics in developing countries is anticipated to drive the demand for high-barrier lidding films in the personal care & cosmetics industry in these countries in the near future.
- Rise in urbanization and increase in FDIs in the food & beverages sector, typically in India, China, and South Korea, are likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of high-barrier lidding films in the near future
- Surge in the demand for high-barrier lidding films for use in industries such as food & beverages and healthcare & pharmaceutical is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the global high-barrier lidding films market in the next few years
Intense Competition from Substitutes to Hamper Market
- High-barrier lidding films faces intense competition from their conventional substitutes, due to excellent cost-to-performance ratio provided by the conventional lidding films. This factor is anticipated to hamper the high-barrier lidding films market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on High-barrier Lidding Films Market here
Asia Pacific to Lead Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market
- In terms of region, the global high-barrier lidding films market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of high-barrier lidding films worldwide, followed by Europe and North America. Rise in the demand for packaged meat in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. is expected to generate high demand for high-barrier lidding films during the forecast period. Additionally, shift in consumer preference toward health and hygiene in developing countries of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer considerable opportunity to manufacturers of high-barrier lidding films operating in the region during the forecast period.
- Rise in foreign direct investments in the food & beverages industry in developing countries of Asia Pacific is also likely to fuel the high-barrier lidding films market in the region during the forecast period
- Increase in the adoption of lidding films as a packaging material in the personal care & cosmetics industry is expected to drive the demand for high-barrier lidding films in North America and Europe between 2019 and 2027
- Rise in the demand for pre-cut meat in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to boost the high-barrier lidding films market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market
The global high-barrier lidding films market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 10%–15% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
- Uflex Ltd
- Amcor Limited
- Berry Global Group Inc.
- Winpak Ltd
- LINPAC Packaging Limited
- Schur Flexibles Holding GmbH
- Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd
- Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation
- Multi-Plastics, Inc.
- Golden Eagle Extrusions Inc.
- FFP Packaging Solutions Ltd
- Impak Films Pty. Ltd
- Flexopack SA
- TCL Packaging Ltd
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market: Research Scope
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by Material
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
Global High-barrier Lidding Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.