- Heptane is a volatile organic compound of the alkane hydrocarbon family. It is a colorless liquid with a typical petroleum odor. Heptane is a non-polar solvent that is extensively utilized in various applications such as pharmaceuticals, electronics, paints & coatings, plastic & polymer, adhesives & sealants, and textile and industrial cleaning products. It is also used as a fuel component in anti-knock engine testing. In terms of purity, heptane is majorly classified into <95%, 95-99% and ≥99%. It is also employed in niche applications such as catalyst preparation, chromatography, and other lab scale operations.
Key Drivers of Global Heptane Market
- The global heptane market is expected to expand significantly due to an increase in the demand for heptane in various applications such as cleaning agents, pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, and adhesives & sealants.
- Increase in consumption of consumer electronics, owing to a rise in disposable income and higher standards of living, is expected to fuel the demand for heptane
- Enactment of numerous regulations on solvents, such as aromatic solvents, is expected to further propel the demand for heptane in the near future. Rise in production capacity of manufacturers of heptane and increase in efficiency of plants are also boosting the production of heptane.
- Heptane is also used to distinguish aqueous bromine from aqueous iodine owing to the color distinction advantage provided by heptane, as iodine changes its color to purple when dissolved in heptane
Pharmaceutical Application Segments Expected to Expand at Significant Pace
- Heptane is majorly utilized in the purification process of pharmaceutical products and other synthetic organics, which is expected to propel the demand for heptane in pharmaceutical applications. Expansion of the pharmaceutical industry is further driving the demand for high purity heptane.
- Rise in automotive production and building & construction activities is estimated to fuel the paints & coating industry and subsequently, drive the heptane market
- High consumption of heptane in coatings and adhesives, which are used in various industries such as automotive, construction, and electronics, is expected to further boost the market in the near future
Covid-19 Impact on Heptane Market
- The global COVID-19 pandemic has led to a sudden pause to manufacturing activities across the globe, affecting the demand for various products. The most critically impacted end-use segments include automotive, consumer goods, industrial equipment, construction, and electronics. Heptane finds major application in these industry, which has negatively impacted the market for heptane.
- Certain segments of the market such as detergents and pharmaceuticals are witnessing a surge in demand in the healthcare sector, contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, which may enhance the demand for heptane in these applications
- However, easing restrictions and public discourse about restarting economic activities in the consumer goods market space indicates the recovery of demand for heptane
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Heptane Market
- In terms of region, the global heptane market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer for heptane across the globe. The region is likely to witness a significant rise in product demand owing to expansion of the healthcare sector and the pharmaceutical industry in the region.
- Increase in demand for adhesives and paints in various end-use industries, such as automotive, construction, and packaging, is projected to fuel the demand for heptane during the forecast period
- North America and Europe followed Asia Pacific, in terms of demand for heptane. Germany, France, and the U.K. are key countries in Europe. The heptane market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand owing to various factors such as well-established healthcare facilities, growing chemicals, plastics & rubber, and paints & coatings industries in these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global market of heptane is consolidated in nature with few major player holding a significant market share. Globally, these few market players are expected to account for 40% to 50% of the market share. Expansion, acquisition, joint venture, and collaboration are key strategies adopted by major players to expand their presence in the global heptane market.
Key players operating in the global heptane market include:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell plc.
- SK Global Chemical Co., Ltd.
- HCS Group
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Sankyo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Hanwha Total Petrochemical Company Limited
- DHC Solvent Chemie GmbH
- Merck Millipore Limited
- Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd.
Global Heptane Market: Research Scope
Global Heptane Market, by Purity
Global Heptane Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Plastic & Polymers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.