Hemophilia, a group of common hemorrhagic inherited disorders, that interferes with normal blood coagulation. The group of inherited ailments leads to excessive bleeding or prolonged bleeding, and may infest even after minor injuries. Its two most common types Hemophilia A and B fall into severe hereditary hemorrhagic disorders, where the former affects more than 4 lakhs males worldwide has a higher prevalence. The hemophilia market has made strides pivoting on the growing understanding of the etiology and pathophysiology. The condition affects all ethnic groups equally, and is usually diagnosed in the early months of the life. Especially in the developing world countries, the incidence has risen over the past few decades.
Rise in participation of interpersonal teams, notably incuding hematologists and immunologists, is a key trend expanding the avenue in the hemophilia market. The healthcare systems worldwide have increasingly adopted line of treatment that advance the long-term prognosis of patients. A key part of such initiatives is emphasizing on educating the patient population. Healthcare providers in the hemophilia market are promoting prophylactic treatment schedules. Subsequently, healthcare teams are stressing on improving adherence to such schedules, in order to improve the quality of life of patients. Further, a comprehensive care plans play critical role in reducing long-term complications.
Hemophilia Market: Introduction
- Genetic bleeding disorder is termed as hemophilia. It is a syndrome where patients lack necessary proteins required to clot the blood. This eventually leads to internal bleeding. The frequency and magnitude of bleeding depends upon the severity of hemophilia in a patient. The two major types of hemophilia are hemophilia A and hemophilia B. Hemophilia A is four times more prevalent than hemophilia B.
Hemophilia Market: Key Trends
- Globally, one in every five patients suffers from hemophilia A. Hence, market players focus on R&D, which enables them to launch new drugs to provide necessary blood clotting proteins to patients. This has increased drug production in the global hemophilia market in the past few years. Rise in mergers and acquisitions among the key players fuels the growth of the global hemophilia market during the forecast period.
- Surge in need of hemophilia medicines in order to limit blood loss is a major factor boosting the growth of the global hemophilia market. Moreover, unavailability of cure that can eliminate the disorder accelerates the growth of the global hemophilia market.
- Growth of the global hemophilia market is attributed to focus on intense research & development in order to provide drugs that are more efficient for patients. Technological advancements in the health care sector also drive the global hemophilia market. Furthermore, the race to capture maximum opportunities by players contributes to the growth of the global hemophilia market.
- Presently, the world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19. The global hemophilia market witnessed sluggish growth during the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is anticipated to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for hemophilia drugs, which in turn is likely to fuel the growth of the market from 2021 to 2031.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Hemophilia Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global hemophilia market from 2021 to 2031. This is attributed to favorable regulatory environment, rise in focus & interest in hemophilia research & diagnostics, and government funding for research on hemophilia drugs. Additionally, growth of the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries and presence of well-established and high quality infrastructure for laboratory and clinical research propel the market in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in research & developmental activities, increase in government initiatives for improving health care, and surge in focus of key players in building or strengthening presence in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Hemophilia Market
Several prominent players dominate the global hemophilia market. These players are adopting strategies such as mergers, collaborations, and partnerships in order to stay ahead of their rivals in the global hemophilia market. Some players are acquiring small and medium scale businesses in order to enhance their resource pool and customer base. These strategies offer a competitive edge to the players, which can be quite crucial in a highly competitive market. Key players hold a major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global hemophilia market.
Major players operating in the global hemophilia market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Other prominent players
Global Hemophilia Market: Research Scope
Global Hemophilia Market, by Product
- Plasma Derived Coagulation Factor Concentrate
- Recombinant Coagulation Factor Concentrates
Global Hemophilia Market, by Disease
- Type A
- Type B
- Type C
Global Hemophilia Market, by Treatment
Global Hemophilia Market, by Therapy
- Replacement Therapy
- Gene Therapy
Global Hemophilia Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.