Help desk solutions enable customer care operators to deal with problems that customers face and keep track of user requests. In general, help desk solutions include IT service management and asset management. Help desk solutions specifically refer to the system that addresses customer queries. Help desk solutions and customer service have become progressively popular in recent times. There is huge increase in sales of customer relationship management (CRM) software, which includes help desk solutions. Cloud-hosted and web-based help desk solution packages are becoming very popular. Social networks are also broadly used as they allow for effective community support and are interactive. The new era of this solution also uses remote desktop access and provides real-time updates.
The firms are planning to lessen customer support executive which is also called as level 1 support with the increasing demand for the automated routine process and replacing that with helpdesk solution. This is due to all day availability of automated help desk when compared to case with customer support executive, which were available for a certain period of time. Help desk solutions are used to solve customer problems related to a service or product. In SMEs, the helpdesk is commonly controlled by only one person whereas in a large firm, the level of support is widespread and complex, requiring more than one person. These factors are estimated to drive the market. However, the inadequate ability of small firms to adopt the help desk process is limiting the progress of the market. The market for helpdesk solutions is anticipated to reach USD 11 billion by 2023.
The market for helpdesk solutions is segmented into software, end users, and organization type. The software type is subdivided into web helpdesk solutions, open source help desk, on-premise help desk solutions, and enterprise help desk solutions. Solutions are a crucial element and follow a procedure, which helps in the assignment, sortation, management, and reminder of tickets which is raised by the customer. In terms of subdivision by software, web help desk is a major segment as a result of broader use of web based application and better usage of internet. In terms of end users, the market is categorized into education, IT, telecom, government, BFSI, and healthcare. Amongst these, telecom and IT are leading the market because of high chances of customer query regarding a company’s services or product. This dominance is also because of the advancement in information technology and greater demand by large firms to shift to help desk solutions. The retail, healthcare, and government sectors are seeing fast growth in the market majorly due to the consumerization of information technology and widespread adoption of personal devices in the workplace. Many government initiatives in evolving countries of Europe and Asia Pacific are implementing the digital platform. In terms of organization type, the segments are divided into small & medium size enterprises and large enterprises. Large enterprises provide an opportunity for the automation of helpdesk support. Large organizations are leading this segment as they possess the capability to adopt new technology. The need for help desk support is lowest in small organizations, which restricts the small & medium enterprises from adopting this technology.
Some of the major players in help desk solutions market are Freshworks Inc., FrontApp, Zendesk, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd., Wrike, Inc., Vision Helpdesk, Teamwork.com, Ltd., Help Desk Migration, Apptivo Inc, Quick Base, Deskero, BMC Software, Inc., SherpaDesk, Samanage Ltd., TeamSupport, Jira Service Desk, xSellco Limited, iSupport Software, INTERCOM, LiveAgent, Azure Desk, Smart Service Desk, Nectar Desk Inc. and NabdSys among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.