Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake: Introduction
- Demand for saving energy and improving vehicle efficiency is expected to drive the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. When the engine brake is applied, a part of the energy is recycled through regenerative braking application of the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake.
- Heavy vehicles including trucks, carriers, and trailers are incorporated with the engine brake. The speed of the vehicle is controlled by operating the engine valves. Heavy-duty engine brake controls the functioning of the valves. As the brake is applied, the engine brake reduces the speed of the engine, resulting in rapid braking of the vehicle. This operation results in less requirement of primary brake force; consequently, saving vehicle fuel.
Key Drivers of Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market
- Expansion of the e-commerce industry across the globe coupled with a rise in the demand for heavy duty vehicles for cargo transport and shipment is expected to drive the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. Furthermore, rapid expansion of the logistics industry is anticipated to increase the demand for heavy commercial vehicles, which in turn is anticipated to boost the automotive engine brake market.
- Reduced vehicle maintenance costs in heavy-duty vehicles is also expected to propel the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. As mentioned above, the engine brake reduces the engagement of primary brake system in the vehicle, which leads to reduced friction of the primary brakes and enhanced lifespan of the primary friction brake pads/brake shoes. Increased lifespan of the brake components results in longer maintenance interval.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market: Restraint
- Rising trends toward electric vehicles (EVs) is likely to hinder the global automotive engine brake market. Electric motors in EVs completely replace the engines, which in turn is estimated to hamper the automotive engine brake market.
- Most developed and developing nations are enacting stringent regulations regarding vehicle emissions, which are likely to prompt automakers to adopt alternate fuel technology such as electric propulsion systems. For instance, CAFÉ regulations, heavy-duty vehicles regulations enacted in Europe and the U.S. are mandating automakers to increase fuel-efficiency of their vehicles by 2030.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market
- In terms of region, the global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific has presence of robust expanding economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with the presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the shipbuilding industry, automobile production, and heavy machinery manufacturing is boosting the demand for heavy-duty vehicles for material handling and cargo transportation. This has led Asia Pacific to account for a prominent share of the global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market, owing to the global pandemic of the corona virus leading to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities, has led to a shortage of raw material. This in turn is estimated to hamper the global market in 2020. The corona pandemic has negatively affected the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market across the globe.
Key Players Operating in Heavy-Duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market
The global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market is highly concentrated due to the owing of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market are:
- AISIN SEIKO Co.
- Cummins Inc.
- DENSO Corporation
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc.
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- MAN SE
- Pacbrake Company
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SORL Auto Parts, Inc.
- Telma SA Auto Parts, Inc.
- Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
- WABCO Vehicle Control Systems
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, Request for a Sample
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market: Research Scope
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Fuel Type
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Product Type
- Exhaust Brake
- Compression Brake
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Technology
- Manual transmission
- Automatic transmission
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Sales Channel
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.