Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake: Introduction
- Demand for saving energy and improving vehicle efficiency is expected to drive the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. When the engine brake is applied, a part of the energy is recycled through regenerative braking application of the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake.
- Heavy vehicles including trucks, carriers, and trailers are incorporated with the engine brake. The speed of the vehicle is controlled by operating the engine valves. Heavy-duty engine brake controls the functioning of the valves. As the brake is applied, the engine brake reduces the speed of the engine, resulting in rapid braking of the vehicle. This operation results in less requirement of primary brake force; consequently, saving vehicle fuel.
Key Drivers of Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market
- Expansion of the e-commerce industry across the globe coupled with a rise in the demand for heavy duty vehicles for cargo transport and shipment is expected to drive the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. Furthermore, rapid expansion of the logistics industry is anticipated to increase the demand for heavy commercial vehicles, which in turn is anticipated to boost the automotive engine brake market.
- Reduced vehicle maintenance costs in heavy-duty vehicles is also expected to propel the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market. As mentioned above, the engine brake reduces the engagement of primary brake system in the vehicle, which leads to reduced friction of the primary brakes and enhanced lifespan of the primary friction brake pads/brake shoes. Increased lifespan of the brake components results in longer maintenance interval.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market: Restraint
- Rising trends toward electric vehicles (EVs) is likely to hinder the global automotive engine brake market. Electric motors in EVs completely replace the engines, which in turn is estimated to hamper the automotive engine brake market.
- Most developed and developing nations are enacting stringent regulations regarding vehicle emissions, which are likely to prompt automakers to adopt alternate fuel technology such as electric propulsion systems. For instance, CAFÉ regulations, heavy-duty vehicles regulations enacted in Europe and the U.S. are mandating automakers to increase fuel-efficiency of their vehicles by 2030.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market
- In terms of region, the global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific has presence of robust expanding economies including China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Expansion of the e-commerce industry coupled with the presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the shipbuilding industry, automobile production, and heavy machinery manufacturing is boosting the demand for heavy-duty vehicles for material handling and cargo transportation. This has led Asia Pacific to account for a prominent share of the global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market, owing to the global pandemic of the corona virus leading to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities, has led to a shortage of raw material. This in turn is estimated to hamper the global market in 2020. The corona pandemic has negatively affected the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market across the globe.
Key Players Operating in Heavy-Duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market
The global heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market is highly concentrated due to the owing of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the heavy-duty vehicle engine brake market are:
- AISIN SEIKO Co.
- Cummins Inc.
- DENSO Corporation
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- Jacobs Vehicle Systems, Inc.
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- MAN SE
- Pacbrake Company
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- SORL Auto Parts, Inc.
- Telma SA Auto Parts, Inc.
- Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
- WABCO Vehicle Control Systems
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, Request for a Sample
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market: Research Scope
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Fuel Type
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Product Type
- Exhaust Brake
- Compression Brake
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Technology
- Manual transmission
- Automatic transmission
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Sales Channel
Global Heavy-duty Vehicle Engine Brake Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa