The global logistics industry is expected to witness impressive growth, owing to increased export and import activities between countries. The evolving logistics industry is boosting the demand for sustainable and reusable packaging products that can carry heavy loads. Heavy-duty corrugated boxes are designed to satisfy the varying needs of the logistics industry to ship products over long distances. The ability to fold, easily dispose off, and absorb shocks during transportation are expected to be the key factors driving the growth of the heavy-duty corrugated boxes market. The introduction of new transport corridors across the globe for international trade is acting as a key factor towards the growth of the logistics industry. Revised and favorable regulations by the World Trade Organization (WTO) create more opportunities for logistics service providers and domestic manufacturers to sell their products in lucrative marketplaces. The growing logistics and shipping industry raises the need for secured and cost-efficient packaging and shipping containers. The demand for heavy-duty corrugated boxes is surging among the end users, owing to long-distance transportation needs. Heavy-duty corrugated boxes can be easily emptied and folded so as to consume less space.
Recycled Material to Dominate the Global Heavy-Duty Corrugated Boxes Market
With the rapid increase in the global demand for sustainable packaging solutions, heavy-duty corrugated boxes made up of recycled material has emerged as the perfect solution for the packaging of most products in consumer goods, automotive, chemicals, and other industries. Increased intolerance for plastic is expected to drive the demand for renewable and sustainable heavy-duty corrugated boxes in the market. The use of recycled materials in manufacturing is anticipated to decrease energy consumption in production and the final cost of heavy-duty corrugated boxes. Recycled materials are estimated to accounts for around 75% of the total heavy-duty corrugated boxes market.
Lucrative Growth Opportunities for Heavy-Duty Corrugated Boxes in Developing Regions
Emerging economies in developing countries such as India and China are expected to play a significant role in the growth of the heavy-corrugated boxes market. Industrialization provides a significant growth opportunity to the heavy-duty corrugated boxes market, since all industrial materials and machinery parts need to be supplied with proper packaging for the safe delivery of products. Due to industrialization, the production of goods also increases, and as such, the demand for heavy-duty corrugated boxes is also positively affected. India and China are the fastest growing economies in APEJ.
Global Heavy-duty Corrugated Boxes Market: Segmentation
The global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market has been segmented on the basis of grade type, board type, product type, and end-user industry.
On the basis of grade type, the global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market is segmented into:
- Fluting Medium
- Semi-Chemical Fluting
- Recycled Fluting
On the basis of board type, the global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market is segmented into:
- Single Wall Boxes / 3 Ply
- Double Wall Boxes / 5 Ply
- Triple Wall Boxes / 7 Ply
On the basis of product type, the global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market is segmented into:
- Slotted Boxes
- Folder Boxes
- Telescope Boxes
- Die Cut Boxes
On the basis of end-user industry, the global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Electrical & Electronics
- Textiles & Apparels
- Building & Construction
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Chemicals & Fertilizers
Global Heavy-duty Corrugated Boxes Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global heavy-duty corrugated boxes market are:
- Ameripak, Inc.
- DS Smith Packaging Limited
- Stora Enso Oyj
- Rengo Co., Ltd.
- Industrial Packaging Corporation
- Nefab Packaging Inc.
- Georgia Pacific LLC
- WestRock Company
- Elms Cross Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Specialty Packaging Group Pty Ltd.
- Mondi Group
Recent Developments in the Global Heavy-Duty Corrugated Boxes Market
- In December 2017, Rengo Co., Ltd. acquired Thai Containers Group Co., Ltd., a manufacturer of corrugated boards and boxes, based in Thailand.
- In September 2017, Oji Holdings Corporation acquired the corrugated box business of Cardboard Cartons Pvt Ltd, based in Melbourne, Australia.
- In June 2018, Mondi Group expanded its heavy-duty corrugated boxes plant, SIMET, situated in Poland, to grow in the heavy-duty corrugated boxes market in the country.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.