Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market – Introduction
- A heavy movable bridge is a bridge which moves in waterways and roadways to carry loads from ships, boats, and trucks. The main aim of building heavy movable bridges is to avoid the expensive transportation through waterways and road, thereby increasing the safety of navigation & carriage feasibility. Heavy movable bridges which can be floating bridges, underwater bridges, and even folding and unfolding bridges, are made of FRP (fiber-reinforced plastic) composites. A number of exotic heavy movable bridges have been developed because of low self-weight of movable bridges. Growing demand for commercial heavy movable bridges for both road traffic and waterways traffic along with increase in investments for developing infrastructure to ease passage for boats, ships, and heavy truck loads is anticipated to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Rapid modernization and industrialization to boost demand
- Waterways and roadways have seen potential growth in development. Connected waterways to allow passengers to be safely transported to a road have been built in the past and the inclination to build modern roadways and waterways for safe carriage of people, material, and merchandise is anticipated to drive the demand for heavy movable bridges. Supportive government measures such as measures by the U.S. government to provide network while moving in ships, or for heavy material moving through ships and boats is enabling better connectivity for roadways and waterways. The measures also include developing new heavy movable bridges and upgrading existing ones to ease traffic congestion, streamline transportation services, and increase economic opportunities in the country.
Technological advancements expected to impact production and lead to development
- Upgrade of technology in terms of robotic automation, data communications & networking, and instrument & measurement are anticipated to boost the development of heavy movable bridges globally during the forecast period. Technological advancements have led to developments in mechanical and physical construction of heavy movable bridges used in construction industry. The advancements have been in terms of conception, design, construction, and operations. These factors are expected to boost the production of heavy movable bridges globally.
North America to Dominate the Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market
- The global heavy movable bridges market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global heavy movable bridges market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France due to the U.S. government taking measures for infrastructural developments, increase in number of marine and shipping ports, large number of people traveling by ships, and huge cargos, which is projected to surge the sales of heavy movable bridges in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia due to industrialization, oil shipping countries such as UAE, Iran, and Iraq, heavy material transfer from countries such as Singapore, etc., and design of new mechanical and physical structures by engineers.
Key Players Operating in the Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market
Major players operating in the global heavy movable bridges market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as The Hammer Mill, Bosch Rexroth AG, and Skylift Marine BV, are focusing on building heavy movable bridges which can carry heavy loads, and transfer people from one place to another. Key players operating in the global heavy movable bridges market include:
- The Hammer Mill
- Bosch Rexroth AG
- Skylift Marine BV
- Champion Controls, Inc.
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- CSX Corporation
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- The King Bridge Company
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market – Research Scope
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by Product Type
- Swing Bridge
- Bascule Bridge
- Traverser Bridge
- Transporter Bridge
- Others (Cut-boat Bridge, Lift Bridge, Raft Bridge, etc.)
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by Type
- Privately Owned
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by Price Range
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by End-use
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Heavy Movable Bridges Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!