Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market: Introduction
- Heavy alkyl benzene is a byproduct formed during the production of linear alkyl benzene. Generally, production of heavy alkyl benzene ranges between 5% and 10%.
- Heavy alkyl benzenes are used as heat transfer oils, greases, textile auxiliaries, electrical oils, plasticizers, and specialty oils. Heavy alkyl benzene is also used as an additive in the formulation of gasoline and diesel engine oils.
- Heavy alkyl benzenes are also used as lubricants for refrigeration oils, transformer oils, metalwork fluids, etc.
- Lubrication is required to avoid wear and tear and smooth running of equipment. In metalworking applications, lubricants must have properties such as high thermal stability and corrosion resistance. Heavy alkyl benzene could be an ideal solution in metalworking applications
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Need of Reliable, Stable, and Versatile Solution
- Demand for lubricants is expected to rise during the forecast period, led by the rapid growth in the automotive sector
- As per international standards, lubricants such as oil and greases used in industries need to have superior oxidation and thermal stability. Heavy alkyl benzene has these qualities. Hence, it is utilized in the refrigerating machine oil, electrical insulation oil, and heat transfer oil.
- Heavy alkyl benzenes have high shelf life, and are stable under different climatic conditions. Due to above mention qualities heavy alkyl benzenes are being used as soluble in cutting oils, rust preventives, leather chemicals, fat liquor, metal treatment chemicals, textile auxiliaries, ore flotation chemicals, inks etc.
- Heavy alkyl benzene is an excellent corrosion or rust inhibitor. It is typically used for manufacture of greases. Heavy alkyl benzene is used in metalworking fluids as rust preventives, as it gives better protective coating and high resistance to humidity as well as high resistance salt water spray. Heavy alkyl benzene based metalworking soluble oil has been developed as an alternative to mineral lube oil due to its superior performance and cost-effectiveness. This is expected to drive the heavy alkyl benzenes market in the near future.
- Mineral oils and petroleum based soluble oils have disadvantages such as higher toxicity to the environment, poor biodegradability and ever-changing characteristics with changes in crude oil composition. Heavy alkyl benzene provides environment friendly solution which can major drivers for the market.
- Based on geopolitical factors, prices of crude oil are volatile. As a result, prices of petrochemical products are also volatile. Heavy alkyl benzenes are derived from petrochemical products; therefore, volatility in prices of crude oil is a major factor restraining the market.
The Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market Segmentation
- The global heavy alkyl benzenes market can be segmented based on application, end-use, and region
- In terms of application, the heavy alkyl benzenes market can be divided into dialkylbenzene, diphenylalkane, and polyalkylbenzene
- Based on end-use, the market can be segregated into lubricating oil, heat transfer oil, corrosion inhibitors, oilfield chemicals, and others. Due to properties like thermal stability and low-temperature fluidity heavy alkyl benzene is dominatingly used as lubricating oil.
The Global Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market Segmentation by Region
- Based on region, the global heavy alkyl benzenes market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global market in the near future. China is expected to be a major player in Asia Pacific.
- The heavy alkyl benzenes market in North America and Europe is likely to expand at a rapid pace. It is estimated to account for moderate share of the global market during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market here
- In 2018, CEPSA expanded the production capacity of its chemicals plants in Indonesia and Germany to diversify its product portfolio in alkylbenzene, a basic ingredient and fatty alcohols. The company also strategically acquired Bécancour Canada chemical plant to increase its production capacity of alkylbenzene.
Key Players in Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market
- Sinopec Jinling Petrochemical
- SEEF Limited
- Tamil Nadu Petro Products
The Global Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market: Research Scope
The Global Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market, by Application
The Global Heavy Alkyl Benzenes Market, by End-use
- Lubricating Oil
- Heat Transfer Oil
- Oilfield Chemicals
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.