Global Heat-not-burn Products Market: Introduction
- Heat-not-burn (HNB) products are products which heat up tobacco by using a battery-powered heating system. The product is inhaled by the user via the mouth. The product contains an extremely addictive material i.e. nicotine.
- HNB products also have non-tobacco extracts. They are usually flavored. Several types of HNB products are available in the market. A few examples include products that use loose-leaf tobacco, such as Ploom and PAX, and tobacco sticks, such as IQOS and glor.
- Heat-not-burn products are also called heated tobacco products or non-combusted cigarettes
Key Drivers of the Global Heat-not-burn Products Market
- Increase in adoption of technologically advanced cigarettes is likely to boost the global heat-not-burn products market in the near future. Users are becoming health conscious and increasingly sophisticated, with rising purchasing power. They are capable of differentiating between various brands.
- The heating process produces a flavorful nicotine with vapor. While the tobacco does not burn, intensity of harmful chemicals is considerably reduced compared to traditional cigarette smoke.
North America and Europe are Dominating the Overall Market
- In terms of geography, the global heat-not-burn products market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast for the heat-not-burn products market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the heat-not-burn products market analysis and forecast for GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America heat-not-burn products market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America and Europe are highly attractive regions of the global market, owing to presence of key players such as Philip Morris International Inc. and British American Tobacco in these regions. Youngsters are mostly adopting new and technologically advanced devices as a safe substitute for tobacco, which is likely to surge the adoption of heat-not-burn products in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
- Currently, the global heat-not-burn products market is a consolidated market, due to presence of established players. Competition among these players is intense, and established companies are acquiring startup companies to expand their customer base as well as geographical reach.
- In 2018, Japan Tobacco Inc. (JT) acquired the tobacco business of Akij Group (Akij). The acquisition of Akij’s tobacco business has enabled JT Group to become the second-largest tobacco company in Bangladesh. It has further expanded JT Group’s operations in emerging markets, supporting its objectives for sustainable profit growth in the mid and long terms. A few of the key players operating in the global heat-not-burn products market are:
- British American Tobacco
- Imperial Brands
- JT International AG
- Korea Tobacco & Ginseng Corporation
- PAX Labs, Inc.
- Philips Morris International
- SHENZHEN AVBAD TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
- Shenzhen Royal Tobacco Industrial Ltd
- Shenzhen Yukan Technology Co., Ltd.
- Vapor Tobacco Manufacturing LLC (3T Organic)
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heat-not-burn Products Market, Request for a Sample
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market: Research Scope
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Tobacco Type
- Tobacco Stick
- Loose-leaf Tobacco
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Device Type
- Direct & Indirect Heating
- Infused/Hybrid Systems
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Component
- Tobacco Sticks
- Other Accessories
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Price
- Low (Up to US$ 65)
- Medium (US$ 65 – US$ 85)
- High (Above US$ 85)
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
Global Heat-not-burn Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global heat-not-burn products market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness for each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on various market segments across regions.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.