Heated Front Windshield: Introduction
- A heated front windshield is designed to increase the temperature of the glass surface to defrost or melt snow and ice away from the windshield. A thin layer of tungsten wire is layered in the glass, which is heated and helps the fog or snow to evaporate from the windshield. A heated windshield may not get warm or hot, it increases temperature of windshield surface that helps the snow to melt, which increases visibility for the driver.
- The major advantage of using heated windshield is that the heaters or air conditioning system is not required to defrost or defog the windshield, which would help save the refrigerant and noise generated by the air conditioner blower.
Key Drivers of Global Heated Front Windshield Market
- Rise in demand for vehicles across the globe is estimated to boost the heated front windshield market due to an increase in seasonal changes across the globe. According to US Department of Transportation Federal Administrations, every year, 24% of weather-related vehicle accidents occur due to heavy rain and 15% crashes occur during snowfall or frozen rain, which is anticipated to boost the heated front windshield market across the U.S.
- In winters, cleaning the windscreen due to fog or accumulation of snow becomes annoying and time-consuming, which in turn becomes unnecessary by using a heated front windscreen. This is likely to enhance the heated windshield market across the globe. Increase in competition among vehicle manufacturers to provide safety and comfort features is likely to propel the heated front windshield market across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global heated front windshield market
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global heated front windshield market due to considerable presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules regarding the installation of heated windshield. Europe is also home to major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers, including Webasto and Saint Gobain, who have major research and development facilities for heated windshield. This, is turn, is likely to propel the heated front windshield market across the Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global heated front windshield market due to an increase in production and sale of vehicles across Asia Pacific. Demand for luxurious vehicles is significantly high in China, Japan, and India, which is expected to further boost the heated front windshield market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Heated Front Windshield Market
The global heated front windshield market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global heated front windshield market are:
- AGC Inc.
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd
- Saint Gobain
- Fuyao Group
- PGW Auto Glass LLC
- Guardian Glass LLC
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited
- Asahi India Glass Limited
- Omni Glass & Paint Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Heated Front Windshield Market, Request for a Sample
Global Heated Front Windshield Market: Research Scope
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Type
- Heated Wire Windshield
- Heated Coated Windshield
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Application
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Sales Channel
Global Heated Front Windshield Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa