Automotive Heat Shield Market
Automotive Heat Shield Market (Type: Rigid Heat Shield and Flexible Heat Shield; Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle; and Application: Turbo Heat Shields, Thermal Sleeves, Exhaust Manifold & Header Wrap, Exhaust Manifold & Header Heat Shield, Catalytic Converter & Exhaust Pipe, Underbody Heat Shield, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Supply Shocks Affect Sales of Heat Management Products during COVID-19 Pandemic
Automotive sales have taken a hit during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The automotive industry is undergoing supply shocks, since OEMs have temporarily shut down their production activities. This has directly affected business practices in the automotive heat shield market, as the demand for vehicles is experiencing a downtrend. However, automotive sales are anticipated to rise by the end of 2020 as COVID-19 subsides in almost all countries. Heat shield manufacturers are adopting robust contingency plans and taking a comprehensive approach to tackle the global economic crisis.
Heat shield manufacturers are developing innovative sales strategies by predicting various future scenarios. Companies plan to revive their operations in European countries, China, Europe, and Japan where the pandemic has almost reached its end. They are focusing on various strategies related to employee engagement, operational continuity, and cash & liquidity management. These factors are expected to drive the automotive heat shield market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Heat Shield Market
Lightweight Fiber Materials in Shields Improve Performance of Automotive Components
Automotive heat shields are being routinely used in passenger cars and light trucks to deploy flame resistance from components that release excess heat. Companies in the automotive heat shield market are now increasing their focus in professional racecars to broaden their revenue streams. For instance, leading provider of industrial chemicals, synthetic fibers DuPont, is increasing its marketing potentials to bring DuPont™ Nomex® into visibility as a highly durable automotive heat shield. Innovative products are bolstering revenue growth for the market, which is estimated to surpass the revenue of US$ 10.3 Bn by the end of 2030.
Improving safety and performance of automotive components has become very important for manufacturers in the automotive heat shield market. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their R&D muscle in developing lightweight fiber materials that offer protection against heat and flames. High-temperature automotive applications are fueling the demand for automotive heat shields.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Self-adhesive Automotive Heat Shields Resist Harsh Environments in Vehicles
Self-adhesive heat shields are a novel introduction in the automotive heat shield market. These sheets are being extensively used to protect components from heat sources in vehicles. Innovative self-adhesive heat shields are laminated with pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) to improve the performance of automotive components. Multinational manufacturer and distributor of pressure-sensitive adhesive materials Avery Dennison has acquired proficiency in manufacturing self-adhesive automotive heat shields with PSAs that can be mechanically fastened to avoid extra tooling.
Companies in the automotive heat shield market are increasing their production to accommodate slimmer designs spaces in products that reduce rattle and eliminate the need for extra tooling. They are increasing their research expenditure to develop automotive heat shields that adhere to a variety of difficult to bond to substrates. Automotive manufacturers are preferring automotive heat shields that qualify in withstanding harsh environments.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Heat Shield Market
Nanometric Coating-induced Heat Shields Deploy High Infrared Reflectivity and Corrosion Resistance
Manufacturers in the automotive heat shield market are experimenting with nanometric coatings of aluminum in stainless steel heat shields to increase their thermal efficacy. BS Stainless - a metal fabricator in Walton Summit Centre, England, has introduced its product ShieldMet, which combines the strength and corrosion resistant properties of stainless steel with high reflectivity of aluminum in heat shield applications. Nanometric coatings made from aluminum are being highly publicized to preserve the aesthetical aspect of stainless steel automotive heat shields even under high temperatures.
The high infrared reflectivity of nanometric coatings is being preferred in automotive heat shields. Companies in the automotive heat shield market are increasing their production capacities to develop plasma vacuum coated shields made from stainless steel. Excellent corrosion resistance and formability of nanometric coating-induced heat shields is attracting the attention of vehicle manufacturers.
Ceramic Coatings Enhance Aesthetic Appeal of Automotive Heat Shields
Companies in the automotive heat shield market are increasing efforts to improve the aesthetic appeal of heat shields. For instance, Cerakote - a global manufacturer of thin-film ceramic coatings is tapping incremental opportunities via online sales for its Black Velvet and Burnt Bronze automotive heat shields that can also be used in motorcycle pipes. Manufacturers are establishing their company-owned websites that provide extensive safety data, tech data, and application guidelines to customers buying their products online.
Metallic and velvety finish in automotive heat shields is highly preferred by automobile manufacturers. Companies in the automotive heat shield market are developing products that eliminate the need for catalysts. They are using ceramic coatings that can resist hundreds of Fahrenheit temperature. High temperature coatings are setting the benchmark for innovations in automotive heat shields. Coating manufacturers are increasing the availability of air cured and ready-to-spray coatings that offer cost and time efficiency to automakers.
Manufacturers Educate Automakers about Different Heat Levels to Avoid Degradation of Components
The automotive heat shield market is predicted to advance at a sluggish CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, as automotive heat shields are associated with several myths regarding their intermittent temperatures and materials. The U.S.-based provider of reflective and insulative solutions Heatshield Products has taken the effort to debunk several myths regarding automotive heat shields by claiming that not all heat shields are the same.
Since different vehicles release different heat levels, companies in the automotive heat shield market are innovating in new materials that qualify to resist high heat levels of vehicles. They are educating technicians and automakers about the difference between excessive conductive, convective, and radiant heat levels. In this way, automakers can choose appropriate heat management products to avoid degradation of automotive components. Heat shield manufacturers are also educating automakers about intermittent temperatures and service temperatures.
The automotive industry stakeholders are anticipating a gradual recovery of the global economy, as the COVID-19 pandemic nears an end in European countries, China, and Japan. The automotive heat shield market is largely fragmented, which has many unscrupulous manufacturers who provide low-grade heat shields, thus leaving automakers with a bad taste due to shoddy products. Hence, heat shield manufacturers are educating automakers to buy products from only authorized and reliable manufacturers to avoid the disintegration of automotive components. Self-adhesive heat shield are a novel innovation in the market, which is generating incremental opportunities for manufacturers. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to improve the aesthetic appeal of heat shields with ceramic coatings.
Automotive Heat Shield Market: Overview
- The global automotive heat shield market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, owing to rise in sale and production of luxury vehicles across the globe, which has led to an increase in consumption. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the production of heat shields. Rise in demand for lightweight vehicles in order to enhance the fuel efficiency of vehicle is likely to boost the integration of heat shield in vehicles.
- Integration of developed technologies in vehicles, including turbochargers, catalytic converters, and exhaust pipes to enhance engine performance and minimize exhaust emission is anticipated to boost the automotive heat shield market across the globe. Turbochargers generate a large amount of heat, and they are covered with heat shields in order to prevent the unwanted transfer of heat to adjoining components. Rise in demand for lightweight and fuel-efficient gasoline-powered vehicles is likely to propel the automotive heat shield market across the globe.
Drivers of Automotive Heat Shield Market
- Rise in enactment of stringent fuel-efficiency standards across Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America has prompted vehicle manufacturers to focus on lightweight vehicles and powerful engines, which is likely to boost the demand for automotive heat shield across the globe
- Increase in awareness among consumers and rise in per capita income has led consumer preference toward comfort features and vehicle safety. Heat shields in vehicles play a major role in raising the safety standard of vehicles. Heat shields prevent the corrosion of vehicle components by protecting them from heat and high temperature. Moreover, thermally sensitive parts, including fuel and hydraulic lines, electric wiring, and the fuel tank itself have to be protected. Thus, a rise in demand for safety features in vehicles is propelling the global automotive heat shield market across the globe.
Challenges for Automotive Heat Shield Market
- Major vehicle manufacturers shut down their plants due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to a decline in vehicle production and sale. Prominent automakers, including GM, Ford, and FCA, under pressure from unions to protect employees and to follow government advisories, decided to idle their plants across the globe. Toyota, Honda, Tesla, and Nissan also announced a temporary suspension of production across the globe, which is a major challenge for the automotive heat shield market across the globe.
- Demand for electric vehicles and battery electric vehicles, which do not have any heat generating system, including internal combustion engine, is increasing, thereby, eliminating the necessity of a heat shield. Major vehicle manufacturers are focusing and shifting toward electric vehicles and reducing the manufacturing of diesel engine vehicles, which is a major challenge for the automotive heat shield market across the globe.
Segmentation of Automotive Heat Shield Market
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment dominated the global automotive heat shield market due to rise in production of passenger vehicles across the globe. Rise in demand for fuel-efficient vehicles, coupled with enactment of stringent emission norms, is anticipated to boost the automotive heat shield market across the globe.
- Based on type, the rigid heat shield segment dominated the market, as rigid heat shields are cost-effective and can withstand higher temperatures. Growing integration of electronic systems in vehicles has boosted the use of rigid heat shields, owing to available of enclosures in a wide range of dimensions.
Automotive Heat Shield Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global automotive heat shield market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific and Europe are projected to be highly lucrative markets during the forecast period. This is primarily due to the presence of prominent automotive industry in China, Germany, Japan, and India. Growing awareness about safety and comfort, stringent emission norms, and increase in awareness about pollution and its impact on the environment are prompting consumers and vehicle manufacturers to integrate emission control and efficiency boosting devices, such as turbochargers and catalytic converters.
Automotive Heat Shield Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global automotive heat shield market include -
- Dana Limited
- UGN Inc.
- Lydall Inc.
- HAPPICH GmbH
- ElringKlinger AG
- Progress-Werk Oberkirch AG
- Key players at the global level are expanding their footprint by engaging in mergers and acquisitions with several players in the industry. On August 30, 2017, Lydall, Inc. formed a new thermal/acoustical solutions segment. Lydall thermal/acoustical solutions was formed through the combination of its existing thermal/acoustical metals and thermal/acoustical fibers businesses. The alignment of businesses enabled Lydall to serve customers better, drive efficiencies, and leverage operating disciplines across its global operations.
Automotive Heat Shield Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive heat shield market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive heat shield market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2018 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive heat shield market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive heat shield market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive heat shield market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive heat shield market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Heat Shield Market
- How much value will the automotive heat shield market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the automotive heat shield market?
- Which regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive heat shield market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive heat shield market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive heat shield market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive heat shield market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive heat shield market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive heat shield market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Heat Shield Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive heat shield market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive heat shield market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive heat shield market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive heat shield market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive heat shield market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive heat shield market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Heat Shield Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive heat shield market provides information on the basis of type, vehicle type, application, and region.