Heat and Thermal Protective Fabrics Market: Excellent Material for Firefighting Apparel
- Heat and thermal protective fabrics are produced from fibers such as polyamide, polyester, and aramid as well as other polymer composites. These are specially designed for protection from fire and excessive heat. These fibers are widely used in applications such as conveyor belts, transmission belts, protective clothing, and carpets. These fabrics have key applications in firefighting, high-temperature areas, heat shielding, and wilding safety.
- Heat protective fabrics also include naturally found wool of animals. Flame-resistant materials also include wool fabric, due to its high resistance to fire and flames. The fabric manufacturing technology has improved over the last few years. Flame resistance properties can be improved by using synthetic fibers, such as Kevlar and polybenzimidazole, along with natural fibers.
- Certain key materials are used in heat and thermal protective fabrics including coated nylon, carbon foam, modacrylic, Twaron, and M5 fiber. These fibers are employed to manufacture heat, thermal, and fire protection products such as curtains, gloves, jackets, carpets, apparel, and insulation blankets.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market
- Heat and thermal protective fabrics are treated with chemicals to improve their fire and heat resistance properties. Technological advancements in textile manufacturing machineries are providing a possible combination of synthetic and natural materials. This has improved the quality of fire resistance of fabrics and fabric products. This factor is projected to boost the global market for heat and thermal protective fabrics in the next few years.
- Fire accidents cause significant damage to buildings and properties. Firefighters face risk during fire handling in firefighting operations. This leads to rise in the demand for designing high-quality fireproof materials. In several cases, firefighters lose their life in firefighting operations, due to lack of proper clothing and materials. These incidents in several countries are raising the demand for high-quality fire protective clothing. This factor is projected to boost the demand for heat and thermal protective fabrics during the forecast period.
Polybenzimidazole Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on material, the global heat and thermal protective fabric market can be categorized into polyamide, polyacrylate, polybenzimidazole, Kevlar, and others. The polybenzimidazole segment is projected to hold a key share of the global heat and thermal protective fabric market during the forecast period.
- Polybenzimidazole is largely used in the manufacture of firefighting clothing, due to its high fire resistance. Increasing demand for protective clothing for workers is projected to boost the global heat and thermal protective fabric market in the near future.
Firefighting Apparel Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, the global heat and thermal protective fabric market can be categorized into conveyor belts & transmission belts, protective apparel, automotive & residential carpets, firefighting apparel, and others
- The firefighting apparel segment is projected to hold a key share of the global heat and thermal protective fabric market during the forecast period. Rising number of fire incidents across the globe is boosting the demand for heat and thermal protective fabrics.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Dominate Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market
- Geographically, the global market for heat and thermal protective fabrics can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to hold a major share of the global heat and thermal protective fabric market during the forecast period, followed by Europe. The U.S. witnesses regulations imposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regarding fire safety measures for workers and firefighters in the country.
- The U.S. Government and national authorities are largely focused on fire safety measures for workers in the manufacturing industry as well as micro, small, and medium enterprises. These factors are projected to drive the demand for heat and thermal protective fabrics in the near future.
- The heat and thermal protective fabric market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing regulations regarding workers’ safety in developing economies in the region such as China and India
- Rising imports of heat and thermal protective fabrics in Latin America and Middle East & Africa led by their excellent fire protection properties are likely to drive the market in both these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Large-sized companies operate at a global as well as domestic level in the heat and thermal protective fabric market. A few of the key players operating in the global heat and thermal protective fabric market are:
- Newtex Industries
- Norfab Corporation
- AMI Manufacturing
- Lakeland Industries
- Worbo Inc.
Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market: Research Scope
Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market, by Material
- Others (Including Nylon Coated and Carbon Foam)
Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market, by Application
- Conveyor Belts & Transmission Belts
- Protective Apparel
- Automotive & Residential Carpets
- Firefighting Apparel
- Others (Including Insulation Blankets and Curtains)
Global Heat and Thermal Protective Fabric Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.