Healthcare PPE: Introduction
- Personal protection equipment (PPE) is a type of clothing or equipment worn by healthcare personnel for protection against various infections. It acts as a barrier between infectious agents or body fluids and the healthcare worker.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues workplace health and safety regulations while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests when and how to use PPE
- Different PPE have diverse motives and safeguards various parts of the body. The current Covid-19 virus around the world is expected to fuel the demand for PPE during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Healthcare PPE Market
- Demand for healthcare services is rising around the world due to an increase in population, chronic illness, and accidents. Affordable health care plans offered by governments of various countries provides increased access to healthcare services. Population of baby boomers that are likely to seek medical assistance is also increasing. Rise in number of patients fuels the risk of healthcare workers getting infected and hence, PPEs are extensively utilized in the healthcare segment.
- The recent outbreak of coronavirus has significantly propelled the demand for PPE globally. All countries across the globe are experiencing a shortage of PPE, and their demand is at an all-time high. Increase in number of surgical procedures around the world is expected to drive the global healthcare PPE market during the forecast period.
- Significant gap between demand and supply is estimated to offer considerable opportunities for manufacturers to enter the market. Several countries have utilized their emergency resources and are projected to replenish their stocks during the forecast period, which is likely to offer a significant opportunity to manufacturers during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Healthcare PPE Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Healthcare PPE Market
- In terms of geography, the global healthcare PPE market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market due to growth and developments in the home care segment, smart hospitals, and medical tourism
- In terms of share of the global market, Asia Pacific is expected to be followed by North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America. The Covid-19 pandemic is expected to boost the healthcare PPE market across the globe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global healthcare PPE market include:
- Baxter International Inc.BD
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes, Inc.
- Derekduck Industry Corp.
- Ethicon, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Healthcare PPE Market: Research Scope
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by Product Type
- Mask & Respirators
- Face Mask
- Others (P100, etc.)
- Half Face Respirator
- Full Face Respirator
- Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Face Mask
- Surgical Clothing
- Lab Coats
- Face Shield
- Others (Shoe Cover, etc.)
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by End-use
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes & Rehabilitative Centers
- Ambulance Service Providers
- Life Science
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by Distribution Channel
- E – commerce Websites
- Company Websites
- Supermarkets / Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
Global Healthcare PPE Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.