Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are the ones that are contracted by patients while they are receiving treatment for another medical condition in a healthcare setting. Thus HAIs can be acquired at any place where healthcare is delivered. HAIs are generally caused by infectious agents, pathogens, fungi, bacteria, and viruses. The risk factors associated with these infections are use of indwelling medical devices, surgeries, injections, contaminated healthcare environment, communication of diseases between workers and patients, and improper use of antibiotics.
HAIs are a major cause of mortality and morbidity on a worldwide scale. Each year HAIs lead to thousands of deaths. A majority of HAIs include conditions such as urinary tract infections, surgical site infections, bloodstream infections, gastroenteritis, and pneumonia. The overall HAI treatment market can be classified on the basis of devices and pharmaceuticals used for HAI treatment. The major pharmaceuticals used in HAI treatment are viral pharmaceuticals, bacterial pharmaceuticals, and fungal pharmaceuticals. The major drug classes used in the pharmaceuticals segment are B-Lactam Antibiotics, cephalosporins, quinolones, glycopeptides, lincosamides, polypeptides, carbapenems, lipopeptides, penicillins, macrolides, tuberculosis, etracyclines, sulfonamides, and other such formulations. The medical devices segment can be further categorized into catheters and ventilation devices and in-line sterile IV filtration.
The U.S. is the largest market for HAI treatment pharmaceuticals and devices. In the U.S., each year more than 1.5 million patients contract HAI. Recently Partners for Patients had introduced a USD 500 million grant to help hospitals and other healthcare providers to reduce HAIs in the U.S. it is expected that if successful, this program will save USD 50 billion of U.S. Medicare over the next ten years. The other markets for HAI treatment devices and pharmaceuticals are Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Rest of the World. Some of the major players of this market include companies such as Merck, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, Sharklet Technologies, Ondine Biomedical and some others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.