Global HAZMAT Containers Market: Overview
HAZMAT containers refer to containers used for packaging, storage, and transportation of hazardous materials. The need for protective and safe packaging during the shipment of different types of materials is expected to boost the HAZMAT containers market growth. If plastic containers are to be used in hazardous material packaging, then it is important to ensure that those containers are capable of static electricity dissipation. The plastics which are conductive enough, are used for manufacturing specific HAZMAT containers. Manufacturers prefer steel and plastic drums and bulk containers for shipping hazardous materials. HAZMAT containers are available in different types of closures which include open head closures and tight head closures. The demand for HAZMAT containers is expected to increase during the forecast period, as per the increment in need for secure packaging solutions. The demand for secure and safe packaging is increasing across the world, which is boosting the HAZMAT containers market growth in the upcoming years.
Global HAZMAT Containers Market: Dynamics
HAZMAT containers are used to minimize the spilling and snapping of closures. The use of HAZMAT containers acts as an efficient way of packaging to enhance the quality of packaging during transportation. There are different regulations for air carriers, rail carriers, and motor carriers to transport hazardous materials. Insulated HAZMAT containers are also used to protect temperature-sensitive goods from high temperature fluctuations. Manufacturers in the supply chain prefer insulated shelving systems with wide doors to store HAZMAT containers and transport them. The HAZMAT containers market is estimated to have valuable expansion during the forecast period. Different types of materials can be used to manufacture HAZMAT containers, which include plastic, metal, and fiber. The significant change in the market scenario from rigid packaging to flexible packaging is expected to reduce the consumption of HAZMAT containers during the forecast period.
Global HAZMAT Containers Market: Segmentation
On the basis of material type, the global HAZMAT containers market has been segmented as:
On the basis of product type, the global HAZMAT containers market has been segmented as:
- Industrial Bulk Containers
On the basis of end use, the global HAZMAT containers market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverages
- Building & Construction
- Paints & Lubricants
Some of the leading players in the global HAZMAT containers market are Greif Inc., Schutz Container Systems, Inc., Mauser Group B.V., Meyer Steel Drum, Inc., Industrial Container Services, LLC, CL Smith Company, Remcon Plastics, Inc., Muller Group, RPC Promens, SÄBU Morsbach GmbH, and AST Kunststoffverarbeitung GmbH.
Some of the key developments observed in the global HAZMAT containers market are-
- Grief Inc. is providing salvage drums, which are UN certified, for safe handling of damaged hazardous packaging.
- SÄBU Morsbach GmbH is providing HAZMAT containers for modular shelving which is suitable for all water hazard classes and flammable materials.
Global HAZMAT Containers Market: Regional Outlook
It is estimated that the U.S. alone makes over 500,000 shipments of hazardous materials every day and more than 90% of these shipments are transported by trucks. The North American HAZMAT containers market is estimated to have significant expansion during the forecast period, as per the need for secure packaging. Emerging countries such as India and China, are expected to create more incremental opportunity in the near future, owing to the changes in safety regulations. The Hazardous Material Transportation Act regulates all essential modes of transportation to prevent exposure to dangerous materials during shipment by ground, air, sea and other modes of transportation. The HAZMAT containers market is expected to get positively affected due to this Act, as per the increment in need for protective packaging. The global HAZMAT containers market is expected to witness moderate expansion during the forecast period, owing to the need for secure handling of hazardous materials.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.