Hard Seltzer Market: Introduction
- A seltzer with alcohol is known as hard seltzer. Alcohol content of hard seltzer varies for different brands available in the market. Alcohol can be produced through different processes such as cane sugar fermentation, and malted barley fermentation. Some common flavors of hard seltzer include lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit.
Key Drivers of the Global Hard Seltzer Market
- Changing lifestyles, shift in consumer preference, and increasing consumption of carbonated beverages across major countries of North America and Europe is identified as a key driver of the global hard seltzer market.
- Health conscious consumers are increasingly preferring hard seltzer for their low calorie content and high nutritional value. Alternative alcohol bases are used to offer a wide range of hard seltzer according to varied needs of consumers. Demand for fruity blends and wine-based hard seltzers are expected to expand substantially during the forecast period.
Key Trends in the Global Hard Seltzer Market
- Hard seltzers are popular as a status symbol among millennium consumers. Moreover, consumers like to enjoy high-ABV hard seltzer in different flavors such as citrus, wild berry, and blood orange.
- Many new brands are entering this emerging market to offer innovative and crafted flavors of hard seltzer. For instance, Evil Twin Brewing offers hard “pastry” seltzers with flavors including gummi bears and chocolate egg cream through its “Evil Water” product line.
COVID-19 Pandemic has lowered Demand across Downstream Segments
The pandemic has largely affected the purchasing behavior and spending patterns of consumers. Consumers are prioritizing their expenses due to changing economic conditions and are willing to pay only for essential products and services. Moreover, strict lockdowns and limitations on social gatherings across the world has dropped the demand for hard seltzers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
North America Recognized as the Major Market for Hard Seltzers
- By region, the global hard seltzer market is classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC).
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the hard seltzer market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the hard seltzer market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America hard seltzer market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- The presence of prominent brands and high consumer awareness about hard seltzer are identified as key drivers of the North America hard seltzer market. Additionally, the industry witnesses strong research and development activities by key industry participants. Growing social media presence and consumer desire to personally connect with brands is expected to boost the market growth in the near future.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major brands operating in the market are focusing on the development of diverse product portfolios through strong research and development activities. Multichannel sales and distribution, introduction of new flavors, and online marketing are the key strategies of industry participants. Collaborations and alliances with global distributors allow manufacturers to market and sell their products in overseas markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global hard seltzer market are:
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Barefoot Cellars
- Blue Marble
- Boathouse Beverage Co.
- Future Proof Brands LLC
- Cutwater Spirits
- Ficks & Co.
- High Noon Spirits Company
- Kona Brewing Co,
- Lift Bridge Brewing Co.
Global Hard Seltzer Market: Research Scope
Global Hard Seltzer Market, by ABV Content
- 1.0% to 4.9%
- 5.0% to 6.9%
Global Hard Seltzer Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Hard Seltzer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global hard seltzer market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.