Handicrafts refer to hand made products such as handmade embroidery made using easy tools rather than machines. Handicrafts are creative representation of a specific ethnic or cultural tradition. Handicraft products comprise objects of decoration and utility. In the handicrafts market, small initial capital spending is required, for instance for labor, setup, transportation, and raw material.
The global handicraft market is an emerging market for household accessory products, especially in the high-end segment. The growth in domestic and international tourism is expected to boost the handicraft market in the coming years. Furthermore, the handicrafts business is also an essential source of huge exports and potential foreign exchange, which are key drivers that are likely to boost the global handicraft market in the near future. Currently, the furnishings and furniture segment in the handicrafts market is rising at a rapid pace globally, which in turn is expected to move from ethnic designs to contemporary styles that will boost the handicraft market in the near future. However, handicrafts is all manual work and replicating or producing large number of similar items would require significant effort and time and as such is not feasible for mass production.
The global handicraft market has been segmented based on product type, application, material, distribution channel, and region. Based on product type, the handicraft market is divided into woodcraft, pottery, jewelry making, paper craft, textile printing and dying, hand embroidery, Zari work, and others which include basket weaving, doll making, and knitting. According to application, the overall market is divided into residential and commercial. On the basis of material, the market is bifurcated into sheet metal, natural fiber, wrought iron, river stone, wood, beads, horn and bone, textiles, and ceramics. Based on distribution channel, the market is divided into online and offline. The offline segment can be further bifurcated into discount retailers, specialty stores, department stores, catalogue retailer, independent retailer, and internet retailer. The offline segment held a prominent share in terms of revenue of the handicraft market. The online segment is also bifurcated into direct sales and third-party sales.
In terms of region, the global handicraft market is segmented into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA). North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the handicraft market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the handicraft market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America handicraft market is segmented into Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of South America. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market for handicraft products owing to increasing production and rising tourist.
Key players operating in the global handicraft market include Asian Handicrafts Pvt. Ltd., Fakih Group of Companies Pvt. Ltd., The Handicrafts & Handlooms Store, Minhou Minxing Weaving Co., Ltd., NGOC Dong Ha Nam Handicrafts Export CO., LTD, Oriental Handicrafts, Divya Exports, Global Model Art Design Company, Native Crafts and Arts, Nepal Craft Shop Pvt., Ltd., OSM Handicraft, RT Crafts Enterprise, S.Sundaravadivel and Company, Sana Hastakala, Laizhou Arts & Crafts Group Co., Ltd., Ten Thousand Villages, The Handicrafts Gallery, and Zhejiang Ocean Handicrafts Co., Ltd. The handicrafts market is extremely fragmented owing to the presence of various small and medium players around the globe. Handicrafts is an active industry, and its improvement is supported by factors such as technology, economic conditions, innovative use of raw materials, and skilled workforce.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.