Hand Saw Market: Introduction
- Hand saw, also known as panel saw, is used in carpentry and woodworking. A hand saw helps to cut pieces of wood into different shapes. This is ideally done to join the pieces together and carve a wooden object. It is usually operated by having a series of sharp points of some substance that is harder than the wood being cut. The hand saw looks like a tenon saw, but comes with one sharp flat edge.
Key Drivers of the Global Hand Saw Market
- Modernization of the construction industry and expensive machinery work is driving the hand saw market. The hand saw market is expected to grow in the near future, due to advanced tooling systems and introduction of efficient performance sawing equipment in the global construction machinery market. Growing demand for hand saws in emerging economies in construction and carpentry services industry is likely to augment the market.
- Rising demand for reconstruction from urban areas in both developed and emerging economies is driving the hand saw market. Growing infrastructure projects in developed and emerging economies has also been influencing the usage of hand saws. Rising woodworking due to the presence of large forests is projected to fuel the hand saw market.
Factors Restraining the Global Hand Saw Market
- Modernization of the construction industry has led to increase in demand for powered and advanced sawing machines, which is a major factor that can hinder the growth of the hand saw market.
- Sawdust is produced while cutting the wood and wood dust, also called particulates, can cause serious health effects. This factor is also anticipated to restrict the growth of the market.
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global hand saw market can be divided into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the hand saw market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the hand saw market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America hand saw market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for dominant share of the global hand saw market due to the growing infrastructure projects in the region. Presence of large forests in the U.S. and rising wood housing construction is a prime factor driving the growth of the hand saw market in North America.
- The hand saw market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to rising residential and commercial construction activities in the region. Advancement in woodworking and carpentry work has led to increasing adoption of hand sawing tools. This is expected to expand the hand saw market in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Companies in the hand saw market are focusing on becoming more proficient and developing products with advanced technologies which will enhance their competitive advantage and enhance their market share globally. Companies are focusing on innovations and developing low cost and efficient sawing tools which helps to propel the global sale of hand saws. They are also strategizing on partnerships, agreements, and acquisitions to expand their presence in the market. Several manufacturers are offering a wide range of purpose-built hand saws with different blade sizes available as per requirement.
A few of the key players operating in the global hand saw market are:
- IRWIN Tools
- Komelon Corporation
- Stanley Black & Decker
- Sherrill, Inc.
- SNA Europe
- Tajima Tool Corp.
- Toolway Industries Ltd.
Global Hand Saw Market: Research Scope
Global Hand Saw Market, by Type
- Back Saws
- Compass Saws
- Crosscut Saws
Global Hand Saw Market, by Application
Global Hand Saw Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global hand saw market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!