Hair Color Market
Hair color is a substance that is put on the hair to give it color. Hair coloring is used to highlight a specific section of the hair, restore natural hair color, or hide grey hair. In most of the cases, it makes hair appear more desirable. Along with the younger generation, who are dyeing their hair with a variety of hues, elderly individuals are also dyeing their hair to cover up grey hair and hide signs of ageing. Hair coloring can be carried out by qualified hairstylist or done at home by a professional or by one's own self.
The major driver for the development of the global Hair Color market is the rising usage of hair color by the ageing population to conceal their grey hair. A growing number of millennials are adopting current fashion, which includes hair coloring in attractive colors. Expanding population of the young people in the developing countries, increasing urbanization, and changing lifestyles are likely to foster growth of the global hair color market. Another important element driving market expansion is the increasing prevalence of salon and spa services that provide hair color services. Government restrictions pertaining to the chemicals utilized in the making of hair color, on the other hand, are likely to hinder the market's growth.
Hair color is a compound which is applied to the hair in order to color the hair. Hair coloring is done to cover the grey hair, restore the original hair color, or to highlight the selected portion of the hair, predominantly to make it look more appealing. Along with the young generation among whom it’s a trend to color hair with different colors, older people are also adopting hair color in order to cover their grey hair and conceal ageing signs. Hair coloring can be done by a professional hair dresser or independently at home.
Earlier, hair color was applied as one overall color for the hair. However, the latest trend is to color the selected portion of hair strands in order to gain an appealing look which is popularly known as highlighting. Another visible trend is to color the hair by the ombre application technique which involves the gradual blending of one hair hue to another, usually moving the color tints from light to dark. The compounds used for hair color are either plant derived or chemically formed. Hair color consists of dyes, antioxidants, ammonia, modifiers, and fragrance, in addition to a variety of chemicals present in small proportions which impart a specific quality to the hair such as softening it. Many of the chemicals used in hair color might prove to be toxic to the end-user leading to irritation or allergic reactions. Hence, hair color compounds are tested numerous times in order to make them safe for use by the end-user. There is a growing trend among the young population to color their hair according to the color of their outfits or the theme being adopted for social gathering events.
The growing use of hair color by the aging population to cover their grey hair is the primary driver for the growth of the hair color market. An increasing number of the millennial population is adopting trendy fashion which includes coloring the hair in appealing colors. Changing lifestyles, rising urbanization, and the growing youth population in emerging economies is driving the hair color market. Other prominent factors leading to the growth of the market is the rising penetration rate of salon and spa services which offer hair color solutions. However, the strict regulations by governments with regards to the chemicals used in the production of hair color is expected to limit the growth of the hair color market. Nevertheless, the rising concerns of hair health and availability of various treatments for the hair is said to have a positive impact on the hair color market.
The hair color market has been segmented on the basis of application, end-user, usage, and geography. In terms of application, the hair color market has been segregated into total gray coverage, touch-up for roots, and grays highlighting. Depending on the end- user, the market is segmented into male, female, and unisex. On the basis of usage, the market has been segmented into permanent hair color, semi-permanent hair color, temporary hair color, hair highlights, and bleach. As per geography, the hair color market has been divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Some of the major players in the global hair color market include L’Oreal, Revlon, Avon Products, Conair, Aroma, Estée Lauder, Godrej, HOYU, Coty, Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Cadiveu Professional USA, and World Hair Cosmetics.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.