Hair color is a compound which is applied to the hair in order to color the hair. Hair coloring is done to cover the grey hair, restore the original hair color, or to highlight the selected portion of the hair, predominantly to make it look more appealing. Along with the young generation among whom it’s a trend to color hair with different colors, older people are also adopting hair color in order to cover their grey hair and conceal ageing signs. Hair coloring can be done by a professional hair dresser or independently at home.
Earlier, hair color was applied as one overall color for the hair. However, the latest trend is to color the selected portion of hair strands in order to gain an appealing look which is popularly known as highlighting. Another visible trend is to color the hair by the ombre application technique which involves the gradual blending of one hair hue to another, usually moving the color tints from light to dark. The compounds used for hair color are either plant derived or chemically formed. Hair color consists of dyes, antioxidants, ammonia, modifiers, and fragrance, in addition to a variety of chemicals present in small proportions which impart a specific quality to the hair such as softening it. Many of the chemicals used in hair color might prove to be toxic to the end-user leading to irritation or allergic reactions. Hence, hair color compounds are tested numerous times in order to make them safe for use by the end-user. There is a growing trend among the young population to color their hair according to the color of their outfits or the theme being adopted for social gathering events.
The growing use of hair color by the aging population to cover their grey hair is the primary driver for the growth of the hair color market. An increasing number of the millennial population is adopting trendy fashion which includes coloring the hair in appealing colors. Changing lifestyles, rising urbanization, and the growing youth population in emerging economies is driving the hair color market. Other prominent factors leading to the growth of the market is the rising penetration rate of salon and spa services which offer hair color solutions. However, the strict regulations by governments with regards to the chemicals used in the production of hair color is expected to limit the growth of the hair color market. Nevertheless, the rising concerns of hair health and availability of various treatments for the hair is said to have a positive impact on the hair color market.
The hair color market has been segmented on the basis of application, end-user, usage, and geography. In terms of application, the hair color market has been segregated into total gray coverage, touch-up for roots, and grays highlighting. Depending on the end- user, the market is segmented into male, female, and unisex. On the basis of usage, the market has been segmented into permanent hair color, semi-permanent hair color, temporary hair color, hair highlights, and bleach. As per geography, the hair color market has been divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Some of the major players in the global hair color market include L’Oreal, Revlon, Avon Products, Conair, Aroma, Estée Lauder, Godrej, HOYU, Coty, Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Cadiveu Professional USA, and World Hair Cosmetics.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?