Gyro Sensor: Introduction
- A gyro sensor is a device that can measure and maintain the orientation and angular velocity of an object
- Gyro sensors are more advanced than accelerometers; they can measure the tilt and lateral orientation of the object and hence are called angular rate sensors or angular velocity sensors. These sensors are installed in applications where the angular orientation of the object is difficult to sense by humans.
- Gyro sensors use the earth’s gravity to determine the orientation of the object. It can also measure the motion of the object.
- Based on size and performance, gyro sensors have four types: ring laser gyro sensor, fiber optic gyro sensor, quantum gyro sensor, and vibration gyro sensor.
- Gyro sensors are widely used in car navigation systems, camera shake correction, game controllers, vehicle control systems, checking of athletic movements etc.
Gyro Sensor Market to Expand in Automotive and Consumer Electronics Industries
- Within the gyro sensor market, consumer electronics is projected to remain the largest end-use industry, and is expected to show the highest growth over the forecast period due to increasing use of gyro sensors in video gaming devices, smartphones, computer mouse, and presentation mouse
- Digital cameras also use gyro sensors to detect hand rotation for image stabilization. A gyro sensor provides high stability in digital cameras, so the images are delivered with perfect clarity. Increase in demand for digital cameras with higher megapixels in the consumer electronics market, is leading to increase in the use of gyro sensors which contributes to the global growth of the gyro sensor market.
- Gyro sensors are used in cars for measuring the orientation in order to keep the car in motion even when the GPS signal is lost. Gyro sensors in cars activates the electronic stability control (ESC) brake system which prevents accidents. It also provides navigation assistance, roll over detection in high-end cars, vehicle stability control etc. Tremendous growth in the gyro sensor market is seen due to these factors.
Asia Pacific to Dominate the Gyro Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global gyro sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global gyro sensor market due to increased production of automobiles and electric vehicles.
- Rapidly adoption of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the defense and commercial sector is the major reason for growth in the gyro sensor market in the Asia Pacific region
- In China, for the oil & gas industry, a special kind of gyro sensor is designed for borehole drilling fields which has ability to overcome the technical difficulties.
- Japan is a manufacturing hub of the automobile industry and the new development plan for driverless vehicles is giving rise to adoption of gyro sensors.
Key Players Operating in the Global Gyro Sensor Market
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Trimble Navigation Ltd
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Murata Electronics Oy
- FRABA Group
- Inertial Labs, Inc.
- PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Global Gyro Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Gyro Sensor Market, by Technology
- MEMS Gyro Sensor
- Fiber Optic Gyro Sensor
- Ring Laser Gyro Sensor
- Hemispherical Resonating Gyro Sensor
- Dynamically Tuned Gyro Sensor
Global Gyro Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Gyro Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.