The one thing that is evident from Harold Newman Arena construction at the University of Jamestown in North Dakota is that gypsum boards are massively pleasing to eye and are thus seeing an upward curve in the construction industry. And, as this trend catches up on with more and more people, the global gypsum board market is set to grow at a steady pace. The reasons behind the growing popularity is its multiple advantages over substitutes such as wood, plywood, and brick. Some of these are cost effectiveness, sound attenuation and easy and quick installation. Besides, gypsum boards offer better protection against mold, mildew, rough weather conditions, and fire.
Some of the notable developments and trends that are contributing to growth of global board market are spelled out below:
- By 2050, construction volumes would be up by 85%, accruing a hefty market worth of USD 15.5 trillion. And, it is quite interesting to note at this point that a hefty share of more than 50% will be accounted for b mere three nations. And, these three nations include the United States, India, and China. As population grows at an impressive pace, demand for living spaces such as those of residential, recreational, and commercial is set to see an upward curve. And, thus, the increase in construction volumes is in sync with growth in population over the next 30 years. Population will be up by 2 billion by 2050. This, will thus, contribute to growth in global gypsum board market massively.
- Rapid industrialization in the Asia Pacific economies is leading to generation of new growth opportunities, ready for market players to tap into. This will encourage players to have eyes set on the region over the coming years. And, a good many are foraying into the landscape to garner gains.
Global Gypsum Board Market: Snapshot
Apart from the productive properties of gypsum board, it is also employed as an aesthetic building material, which is evident in the Harold Newman Arena construction at the University of Jamestown in North Dakota. Recently, the steeple segment of the arena was witnessed to become colorful with the addition of gypsum board. The US$15.0 mn athletic complex is set to drop curtains in August 2017.
According to the researchers, the global gypsum board market is prophesied to be classified as per key parameters such as product and application. An in-depth analysis of the market’s top segments is a great step to take if a player wants to determine the lucrative and risk-bearing areas of the industry.
The report is a classic representation of a comprehensive and meticulous study of the global gypsum board market. Players can look to take confident strides in the international market with the help of this industry guideline and make an enduring progress in their business.
Global Gypsum Board Market: Trends and Opportunities
The global construction sector is envisaged to be a primary factor propelling the demand for gypsum board as a preeminent building material. Plywood, wood, brick, and other conventional construction materials could be easily replaced with gypsum board over different advantages such as sound attenuation, faster installation, and cost effectiveness. End users of gypsum board are also expected to be allured by other benefits such as enhanced mildew, mold, weather, and fire resistance and grander finish. Businesses that deal with institutional, commercial, and residential structures are predicted to swell the demand for gypsum board in the building of partition systems, ceilings, and walls.
Countries importing the raw material gypsum for the production of gypsum board could face the danger of price increase and be tied to local import taxation regime. However, exporting countries are projected to encounter a stable pricing scenario with price inflations materializing at a gradual rate based on macroeconomic aspects. In the near future, the shortage of crude gypsum could be dealt with as Oman and China expand their capacities. The rising migration from rural to urban locations and conventional buildings to innovative architectural structures is also foreseen to raise the expectations of vendors operating in the global gypsum board market.
Global Gypsum Board Market: Geographical Study
The Asia Pacific gypsum board market is envisioned to expand rapidly, owing to the speedy advancement in the construction sector of China and ballooning population growth in other less developed nations. Housing construction activities are frequenting at a high rate with a view to satisfy the aggressive demand of the rising population in developing nations. Besides this, certain properties of gypsum board such as easy installation, cost effectiveness, and light weight could magnify its employment in emerging nations.
The constant rise in urbanization in countries such as Argentina, Mexico, Malaysia, Thailand, and India is foretold to set the tone for the worldwide gypsum board market. North America is another regional market forecasted to showcase a telling growth on the back of profit-making countries such as the U.S. There has been a significant rise in the construction activities of commercial and residential buildings in the U.S. As a result, North America is projected to take charge of a perpetual demand for gypsum board, which is despite of the demand flop in the last decade.
Global Gypsum Board Market: Competitive Overview
The prominent competitors operating in the world gypsum board market could be Lafarge, Saint-Gobain Gyproc, Global Mining Company LLC, BPB India Gypsum, and Etex Corp. The presence of umpteen small-scale vendors is prognosticated to make the market fragmented. However, the nature of fragmentation could differ on a regional level as per industry maturity and production scenario.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.