Gum rosin is primarily composed of resins and is an organic natural compound. Upon dissolution, it causes chemical reaction with a number of organic solvents. It is an essential raw material for the production of paints and coatings, rosin ester resins, food-grade ester gum, electronic industrial products, soaps, rubbers, inks, and paper. In the oil paint industry, it is effortlessly softened and oxidized, and the carboxylation reaction of resin acid is usually engaged to create resinate for additional use. Resin acid is transformed into disproportionate rosin, hydrogenated rosin, and polymerized rosin during production of printing ink and synthetic rubber by double-bond effect of rosin. The global market for gum rosin has been segmented by product type, application, and region. By product type, the market has been segmented into WW, WG, X, N, M, K, and others. The WW segment held a significant i.e. close to 35% share of the total market in 2015. This is attributed to high performance and quality of the product for prime applications such as synthetic rubber and adhesives. The WW segment is also projected to witness speedy growth during the forecast period. WW and WG rosins come in light shades of yellow, which is primarily to maintain the texture and color of end-use products such as paper sizing, rubber, inks, and adhesives. On the basis of applications, the global gum rosin market has been segmented into inks, food, thermoplastic coatings, paper sizing, adhesives, rubber softeners, and others. The rubber softeners segment held a dominant share of the global market in 2015 and is anticipated to witness steady growth during the forecast period. The adhesives segment is expected to experience speedy growth from 2016 to 2024.
Major drivers for the global gum rosin market include increasing demand from key application segments such as synthetic rubber and printing inks. Gum rosin is broadly used as a softener and binder in adhesives and synthetic rubber industries. Speedy growth of synthetic rubber and adhesives industries is expected to act as a major driver for the global gum rosin market during the forecast period. In addition, speedy growth of building & construction and automotive industries has raised the demand for gum rosin for better-quality products. This also acts as a major factor driving the global market for gum rosin. Volatility of gum rosin and fluctuation in prices of raw materials form a major restraint for the gum rosin market. Growth of end-use industries in Latin American countries such as Brazil and Argentina is a great growth opportunity for the global gum rosin market.
Geographically, the global gum rosin market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific held the dominant market share in 2015, with China being the leading producer of gum rosin in the region. This is attributed to immense growth of application industries such as paper sizing, synthetic rubber, printing inks, and adhesives in China. The market in Asia Pacific is also estimated to witness speedy growth during the forecast period, on account of emerging economies such as South Korea and India. With the rise in demand for gum rosin in these countries, the region is projected to witness speedy growth from 2016 to 2024. The gum rosin market in Latin America is also estimated to witness speedy growth during the forecast period, due to growth of end-use industries in the region.
Major players in the global market for gum rosin include CeluloseIrani SA, Wuzhou Pine Chemicals, Forestar Chemical Co. Ltd., Indonesia Pinus, Jinggu Forest Chemical, Xinhui Overseas Chinese Industry, Wuzhou Sun Shine Forestry & Chemicals, Forestarchem, Pasadena Engineering Indonesia, and DeqingYinlong Industrial.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.