Global Guillotine Market – Introduction
- A guillotine is a machine tool used for sheet metal cutting. It is also called a squaring shear or power shear. A piece of work is set in a machine tool and then, it is cut into the die below by pressing a knife through the piece of work. Guillotines are designed to be used regularly in large volumes. They can cut large stacks of paper. A wide range of guillotines or paper cutters are available in the market at present. These range from small, inexpensive, manual devices for personal or classroom use to large, electronic, commercial print finishing and production environment machines.
- Unlike several other processes, shearing does not involve use of a rotating tool piece. Instead, squaring shear works like a pair of scissors, which means a blade presses against the shear by using a large amount of force.
- There are some methods, such as slicing at an angle, to reduce the strength required to cut. Several metals and metal alloys, such as copper, brass, bronze, and stainless steel, are well suited for use in shearing.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Guillotine Market
- A guillotine can cut a large number of documents at the same time and at a low cost.
- Rising demand for fully automated guillotines is driving the global guillotine market, as they allow cutting of large quantities of paper. These cutters have both a clamp and a blade that are fully powered. They are used more by commercial operators such as printers, print finishers, publishing houses, and other businesses dealing with thousands of paper sheets every day.
- A model layout is mounted on a sliding shuttle connected to a rail by using a wheel-shaped knife. This paper cutter is referred to as rotary paper cutter. Benefits of this design include ability to make wavy cuts and perforations and to score the paper without cutting, simply by moving different kinds of circular blades.
- However, failure to change the blade can cause damage to the cutter. Most production guillotines have shear pins that can break before any major damage. This may restrict the global guillotines market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global Market for Guillotines
- In terms of region, the global guillotine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global market for guillotines during the forecast period, due to presence of a large number of manufacturers of guillotines and ongoing technological innovations in the region
- Europe is expected to witness increase in the demand for advanced paper cutting technologies. This, in turn, is expected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Guillotine Market
The global guillotine market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- COMALL FRANCE
- Brevetti Motta
- Emmegi Group
- Achilli s.r.l.
- Everett Industries
- Ferracci Machines USA
- Cassese France
- Converting Machinery Cevenini
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Guillotine Market, ask for a customized report
Global Guillotine Market: Research Scope
Global Guillotine Market, by Type
- Semi-automatic Guillotines
- Automatic Guillotines
Global Guillotine Market, by Application
- Metal Truncation
- Plastic Truncation
- Wood Truncation
Global Guillotine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.