Guerbet Alcohols Market: Superior Emulsion Stabilizer and Fattening Agent
- Guerbet alcohol is primarily used in the preparation of a number of materials where liquidity and lubrication are essential. It is highly used in the production of metal lubrication, plastic mold release, paper processing, and personal care products.
- Guerbet alcohol is low in volatility and reactive for making certain derivatives. It is widely employed in the production of derivative liquids and lubricants. These properties are projected to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohols in the near future.
- Guerbet alcohol is a class of high branched alcohol. It was firstly developed by Marcel Guerbet in the 1890s. The reaction sequence was named after Marcel Guerbet who first synthesized them. The reaction sequence is related to the Adol reaction, which occurs at high temperature under specific catalytic conditions.
- Guerbet alcohol is extensively used as a fattening agent and emulsion stabilizer in various end-use industries. Rapid industrialization in countries such as Brazil, China, and India is projected to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohols in the next few years.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Guerbet Alcohols Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Expansion in Cosmetic Industry to Drive Guerbet Alcohols Market
- Increase in demand for cosmetic products and personal care products is projected to boost the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period. Guerbet alcohol is widely used in a number of cosmetic and personal care products owing to its excellent oxidative stability. This is projected to fuel the Guerbet alcohols market in the next few years.
- According to the Cosmetics Europe - the Personal Care Association (PCA) evaluated the cosmetic industry in Europe in 2018. The cosmetic products market was valued at US$ 88 Bn, while the cosmetics products market in the U.S. stood at US$ 75.5 Bn in 2018.
- High demand for Guerbet alcohols owing to their excellent chemical stability has driven the number of end-users across the globe. These alcohols deliver good solvent properties for active ingredients which includes different chemicals. The effective capability to dissolve number of chemicals is considered as an important property for the Guerbet alcohols. These key factors are projected to fuel guerbet alcohols market in the coming years.
Lucrative Personal Care Segment to Offer Significant Market Value
- Guerbet alcohol is used in key formulations in deodorants, antiperspirants, and hair removal formulations. Increase in demand for personal care products in several countries is a key factor estimated to propel the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period.
- Various types of alcohols are used in cosmetics, metal, and other end-use industries. These include 2-butyloctanol, 2-hexyldecanol, and 2-octyldodecanol. The 2-octyldodecanol segment is projected to hold key share of the global Guerbet alcohols market in the near future.
- The cosmetic & personal care end-use segment is projected constitute major share of the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period. Cosmetic and personal care companies widely use guerbet alcohol in various cosmetic products owing to its emulsion stabilizing properties.
High Product Cost and High Capital Investment to Hamper Market
- High product price, significant investment cost, and stringent regulations for production are key factors likely to restrain the Guerbet alcohols market in the next few years
- Guerbet is highly priced compound. Therefore, guerbet alcohols are commercially used in limited quantity across the industry. This factor may hinder market expansion during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Guerbet Alcohols Market here
Asia Pacific to Constitute Key Share of Global Guerbet Alcohols Market
- In terms of consumption, the guerbet alcohols market in the Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Growth in population in the region is likely to fuel the demand for personal care products in the next few years.
- According to Cosmetics Europe – the Personal Care Association, the cosmetic products market in China stood at around US$ 53.5 Bn in 2018. Rapid urbanization and increase in demand for personal care products in China is a key factor anticipated to drive the Guerbet alcohol market in the country.
- The guerbet alcohols market in Europe and North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace due to the well-established cosmetic and personal care industries in these regions. The cosmetic industry in Europe accounted for key share of the market in 2018 owing to the large consumer base in Germany, France, and Rest of Europe.
- The U.S. cosmetic and personal care market consists of global manufacturing companies with established brands. Therefore, the U.S. is considered a high potential market in the country for raw materials such as Guerbet alcohols. This is estimated to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohol in the next few years.
- The guerbet alcohols market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Increase in investment in the metal processing industry and rise in demand for hair care products, body lotions, and deodorants are expected to boost the Guerbet alcohol market in the next few years.
Key Players in Guerbet Alcohols Market
Large numbers of manufacturing companies operate at the local and international level in the global Guerbet alcohols market. Prominent manufacturers of Guerbet alcohol include:
- BASF SE
- New Japan Chemical Co., Ltd,
- Jarchem Industries
- Sasol Ltd
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market: Research Scope
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market, by Product Type
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market, by End-use
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
- Metal & Processing
- Detergents & Cleaner
- Others (Lubricant and Surfactant)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.