Guerbet Alcohols Market: Superior Emulsion Stabilizer and Fattening Agent
- Guerbet alcohol is primarily used in the preparation of a number of materials where liquidity and lubrication are essential. It is highly used in the production of metal lubrication, plastic mold release, paper processing, and personal care products.
- Guerbet alcohol is low in volatility and reactive for making certain derivatives. It is widely employed in the production of derivative liquids and lubricants. These properties are projected to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohols in the near future.
- Guerbet alcohol is a class of high branched alcohol. It was firstly developed by Marcel Guerbet in the 1890s. The reaction sequence was named after Marcel Guerbet who first synthesized them. The reaction sequence is related to the Adol reaction, which occurs at high temperature under specific catalytic conditions.
- Guerbet alcohol is extensively used as a fattening agent and emulsion stabilizer in various end-use industries. Rapid industrialization in countries such as Brazil, China, and India is projected to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohols in the next few years.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Guerbet Alcohols Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Expansion in Cosmetic Industry to Drive Guerbet Alcohols Market
- Increase in demand for cosmetic products and personal care products is projected to boost the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period. Guerbet alcohol is widely used in a number of cosmetic and personal care products owing to its excellent oxidative stability. This is projected to fuel the Guerbet alcohols market in the next few years.
- According to the Cosmetics Europe - the Personal Care Association (PCA) evaluated the cosmetic industry in Europe in 2018. The cosmetic products market was valued at US$ 88 Bn, while the cosmetics products market in the U.S. stood at US$ 75.5 Bn in 2018.
- High demand for Guerbet alcohols owing to their excellent chemical stability has driven the number of end-users across the globe. These alcohols deliver good solvent properties for active ingredients which includes different chemicals. The effective capability to dissolve number of chemicals is considered as an important property for the Guerbet alcohols. These key factors are projected to fuel guerbet alcohols market in the coming years.
Lucrative Personal Care Segment to Offer Significant Market Value
- Guerbet alcohol is used in key formulations in deodorants, antiperspirants, and hair removal formulations. Increase in demand for personal care products in several countries is a key factor estimated to propel the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period.
- Various types of alcohols are used in cosmetics, metal, and other end-use industries. These include 2-butyloctanol, 2-hexyldecanol, and 2-octyldodecanol. The 2-octyldodecanol segment is projected to hold key share of the global Guerbet alcohols market in the near future.
- The cosmetic & personal care end-use segment is projected constitute major share of the Guerbet alcohols market during the forecast period. Cosmetic and personal care companies widely use guerbet alcohol in various cosmetic products owing to its emulsion stabilizing properties.
High Product Cost and High Capital Investment to Hamper Market
- High product price, significant investment cost, and stringent regulations for production are key factors likely to restrain the Guerbet alcohols market in the next few years
- Guerbet is highly priced compound. Therefore, guerbet alcohols are commercially used in limited quantity across the industry. This factor may hinder market expansion during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Guerbet Alcohols Market here
Asia Pacific to Constitute Key Share of Global Guerbet Alcohols Market
- In terms of consumption, the guerbet alcohols market in the Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Growth in population in the region is likely to fuel the demand for personal care products in the next few years.
- According to Cosmetics Europe – the Personal Care Association, the cosmetic products market in China stood at around US$ 53.5 Bn in 2018. Rapid urbanization and increase in demand for personal care products in China is a key factor anticipated to drive the Guerbet alcohol market in the country.
- The guerbet alcohols market in Europe and North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace due to the well-established cosmetic and personal care industries in these regions. The cosmetic industry in Europe accounted for key share of the market in 2018 owing to the large consumer base in Germany, France, and Rest of Europe.
- The U.S. cosmetic and personal care market consists of global manufacturing companies with established brands. Therefore, the U.S. is considered a high potential market in the country for raw materials such as Guerbet alcohols. This is estimated to fuel the demand for Guerbet alcohol in the next few years.
- The guerbet alcohols market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Increase in investment in the metal processing industry and rise in demand for hair care products, body lotions, and deodorants are expected to boost the Guerbet alcohol market in the next few years.
Key Players in Guerbet Alcohols Market
Large numbers of manufacturing companies operate at the local and international level in the global Guerbet alcohols market. Prominent manufacturers of Guerbet alcohol include:
- BASF SE
- New Japan Chemical Co., Ltd,
- Jarchem Industries
- Sasol Ltd
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market: Research Scope
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market, by Product Type
Global Guerbet Alcohols Market, by End-use
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
- Metal & Processing
- Detergents & Cleaner
- Others (Lubricant and Surfactant)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.