Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market: Introduction
- Groundwater remediation is the process of treating the polluted groundwater by eliminating harmful pollutants or converting them into harmless products. Groundwater is the water present in the earth’s surface that saturates the pore space in the subsurface. Usually, about 20% to 40% of drinking water is drawn from digging wells and boreholes in the world.
- Groundwater is one of the primary sources of drinking water. It is also used for industrial and agricultural usage. However, the quality of groundwater has been deteriorating due to unorganized waste disposal practices and accidental spillage of hazardous chemicals. Thus, it becomes critical to prevent groundwater pollution. Contaminated groundwater must be remediated in order to protect public health and the surrounding environment.
- Contaminants or pollutants found in groundwater cover a broad range of physical, organic chemical, inorganic chemical, bacteriological, and radioactive parameters. These parameters need to be removed from groundwater by applying various remediation techniques in order to bring the groundwater to a standard condition for intended use.
- Contaminants encountered in groundwater include organic compounds, heavy metals, and radionuclides. These contaminants are generated from a number of sites such as Underground Storage Tanks (UGTs) and various civilian federal agency sites.
- Remediation of groundwater pollution needs to be carried out depending on specific water quality, environmental conditions, and the amount of mix of pollutants present in it
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market report
Key Drivers of Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market
- Groundwater continues to serve as the major reliable source of water for a variety of purposes, including industrial and domestic usage, and irrigation. Remediation of groundwater is necessary to remove contaminants and components that can harm human health and the surrounding environment.
- Groundwater contamination by various industries remains a widespread concern. The prevalence of contaminants at hazardous waste sites is well documented. These contaminates can contaminate millions of liters of groundwater if they are not eliminated or sequestered. This is anticipated to drive the groundwater remediation technologies market during the forecast period.
- The usage of agricultural chemicals has been low in many developing countries around the world compared to the levels in industrialized countries. Irrigation is carried out extensively, particularly in countries such as India and China. Concerns over groundwater pollution from agricultural chemicals were raised in India more than two decades ago. This is estimated to boost the groundwater remediation technologies market during the forecast period.
- Government regulatory bodies across the world are seeking to introduce innovative technologies, conduct surveys on groundwater contamination, and classify the groundwater into categories according to its quality. Additionally, corresponding measures and risk evaluation systems are being adopted to curb groundwater pollution. This is projected to propel the groundwater remediation technologies market during the forecast period.
- Efforts to encourage the formation of groundwater user associations are in the nascent stage in developing countries. The results of irrigation management transfer and water user associations are now being documented. This is likely to augment the groundwater remediation technologies market in the near future.
- In April 2020, the National Ground Water Association in the U.S. published an article on the potential risk of COVID-19 in contaminating private water well systems. The NGWA Director of Science and Technology reported that private water wells were at low risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- In March 2020, the U.S. Department of Energy announced that environmental management workers were making progress in upgrading aging radiological wastewater treatment infrastructure essential to Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operations. They were installing a new zeolite treatment system, which is designed to remove cesium and strontium from wastewater.
- In February 2020, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced plans to submit an information collection request for the 2020 Drinking Water Infrastructure Needs Survey and Assessment (DWINSA) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market
- Based on region, the global groundwater remediation technologies market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market in the near future, as rapid urbanization and industrialization in major economies such as China, South Korea, and India have resulted in groundwater pollution
- Initiatives toward remediation of groundwater from renewable energy by governments in countries of Asia Pacific are expected to positively impact the global groundwater remediation technologies market during the forecast period
- In Europe, The Groundwater Directive (2006/118/EC) has established a regime that sets groundwater quality standards and introduces measures to prevent or limit inputs of pollutants into groundwater. The directive establishes quality criteria that takes into account local characteristics and allows for further improvements to be made based on monitoring data and new scientific knowledge. Thus, the directive represents a proportionate and scientifically sound response to the requirements of the Water Framework Directive (WFD) as it relates to assessment on the chemical status of groundwater and the identification and reversal of significant and sustained upward trends in pollutant concentrations.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market
Key Players Operating in Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market:
Prominent players operating in the global groundwater remediation technologies market include:
- QED Environmental Systems
- Itasca International Inc.
- ESCO International (EI)
- Dürr AG
- Etaniv B.Y ltd
- Lenntech B.V.
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd
Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market, Research Scope
Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market, by Source
- Industrial Waste
- Agricultural Waste
- Municipal Waste
- Radioactive Waste
Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market, by Type
- Pump & Treat
- In-situ Air Sparging
- In-Situ Flushing
- Permeable Reactive Barrier
Global Groundwater Remediation Technologies Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.