Ground Power Unit Market: Introduction
- Ground power unit is an essential ground support equipment for an aircraft. It is employed to support the operations of an aircraft between its flights. Ground power unit usually provides DC and/or AC power to a parked aircraft, when it is preparing for the next departure.
- Airline operators can either own or sub-contract these units from handling agents, airports, or different airlines, depending upon their accessibility to provide power to their parked aircraft
- Ground power unit helps aircraft to start engines, provide general onboard power, and perform maintenance while aircraft is on the ramp or in the hanger. It helps in saving costlier fuel of aircraft by providing essential power, which otherwise would have been provided by aircraft engine while on ground.
- Ground power units can be either skid-mounted, trailer-mounted, or self-propelled while operating either on diesel or gas fuel. They can also operate on single phase or three phase input voltage to provide the required power to an aircraft in a hanger.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ground Power Unit Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Ground Power Unit Market
- Rise in demand for international air travel is one of the key drivers of the global ground power unit market. Rapid expansion in the international tourism industry has led to an increase in number of passengers across the globe. Growth in spending power and rise in disposable income, especially in developing nations such as China and India, have resulted in an increase in number of foreign tourists from these countries. These tourists primarily opt for Europe or Southeast Asia as their preferred tourist destinations.
- These passengers prefer air travel over other means of travel, including marine, primarily due to the decrease in travel time and better comfort of air travel over other forms of travels. This has boosted international air traffic, thereby driving demand for more number of aircraft and their support units. In turn, this is projected to drive the demand for ground power units across the globe.
- Increase in cargo activities is also a major driver of the market. Courier and cargo companies are investing significantly in air transport to expand reach and increase their delivery speed in order to attract more customers. They need to hire or invest in ground support equipment to support their aircraft fleet. This is also likely to propel the demand for ground power units across the globe.
- Expansion in the domestic aviation sector in developing countries is another prominent driver of the market. Domestic aviation sector in countries such as India and China has been expanding at a healthy pace, with people opting for air travel over railways and other means of transport, primarily due to time constraints. Furthermore, affordability of flights and increase in per capita income are key factors for the expansion of the domestic aviation sector. This has resulted in shorter turnaround time of domestic flights with increased travel frequency, driving demand for higher number of ground support equipment, such as ground power units, to cater to the rise in number of aircraft at a given time.
High CAPEX and OPEX of Airlines to Restrain Global Ground Power Unit Market
- High CAPEX and OPEX costs are associated with the airline business across the globe. Purchasing new planes requires significant CAPEX investment. Operation and maintenance of airlines is highly cost intensive, making OPEX one of the highest among the service industries. High OPEX makes airlines one of the costlier modes of transport. This can adversely affect the aviation sector, thereby hampering the ground power unit market in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Ground Power Unit Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America Expected to Dominate Global Ground Power Unit Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global ground power unit market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by Asia Pacific. Dominance of North America can be ascribed to the large fleet size of commercial and general aviation aircraft along with high air traffic in the region.
- The ground power unit market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period, primarily due to the rapid expansion of the international and domestic aviation sector in the region, especially in developing countries such as India and China
Key Players in Global Ground Power Unit Market
Key players operating in the global ground power unit market include:
- John Bean Technologies Ltd
- WEIHAI GUANGTAI AIRPORT EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.
- Powervamp Ltd
- MAK Controls & Systems Pvt. Limited
Global Ground Power Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Type
- Trailer Mounted
- Skid Mounted
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Application
- Civil Aircraft
- Business Aircraft
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.