Ground Power Unit Market: Introduction
- Ground power unit is an essential ground support equipment for an aircraft. It is employed to support the operations of an aircraft between its flights. Ground power unit usually provides DC and/or AC power to a parked aircraft, when it is preparing for the next departure.
- Airline operators can either own or sub-contract these units from handling agents, airports, or different airlines, depending upon their accessibility to provide power to their parked aircraft
- Ground power unit helps aircraft to start engines, provide general onboard power, and perform maintenance while aircraft is on the ramp or in the hanger. It helps in saving costlier fuel of aircraft by providing essential power, which otherwise would have been provided by aircraft engine while on ground.
- Ground power units can be either skid-mounted, trailer-mounted, or self-propelled while operating either on diesel or gas fuel. They can also operate on single phase or three phase input voltage to provide the required power to an aircraft in a hanger.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ground Power Unit Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Ground Power Unit Market
- Rise in demand for international air travel is one of the key drivers of the global ground power unit market. Rapid expansion in the international tourism industry has led to an increase in number of passengers across the globe. Growth in spending power and rise in disposable income, especially in developing nations such as China and India, have resulted in an increase in number of foreign tourists from these countries. These tourists primarily opt for Europe or Southeast Asia as their preferred tourist destinations.
- These passengers prefer air travel over other means of travel, including marine, primarily due to the decrease in travel time and better comfort of air travel over other forms of travels. This has boosted international air traffic, thereby driving demand for more number of aircraft and their support units. In turn, this is projected to drive the demand for ground power units across the globe.
- Increase in cargo activities is also a major driver of the market. Courier and cargo companies are investing significantly in air transport to expand reach and increase their delivery speed in order to attract more customers. They need to hire or invest in ground support equipment to support their aircraft fleet. This is also likely to propel the demand for ground power units across the globe.
- Expansion in the domestic aviation sector in developing countries is another prominent driver of the market. Domestic aviation sector in countries such as India and China has been expanding at a healthy pace, with people opting for air travel over railways and other means of transport, primarily due to time constraints. Furthermore, affordability of flights and increase in per capita income are key factors for the expansion of the domestic aviation sector. This has resulted in shorter turnaround time of domestic flights with increased travel frequency, driving demand for higher number of ground support equipment, such as ground power units, to cater to the rise in number of aircraft at a given time.
High CAPEX and OPEX of Airlines to Restrain Global Ground Power Unit Market
- High CAPEX and OPEX costs are associated with the airline business across the globe. Purchasing new planes requires significant CAPEX investment. Operation and maintenance of airlines is highly cost intensive, making OPEX one of the highest among the service industries. High OPEX makes airlines one of the costlier modes of transport. This can adversely affect the aviation sector, thereby hampering the ground power unit market in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Ground Power Unit Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
North America Expected to Dominate Global Ground Power Unit Market
- North America is expected to dominate the global ground power unit market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by Asia Pacific. Dominance of North America can be ascribed to the large fleet size of commercial and general aviation aircraft along with high air traffic in the region.
- The ground power unit market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period, primarily due to the rapid expansion of the international and domestic aviation sector in the region, especially in developing countries such as India and China
Key Players in Global Ground Power Unit Market
Key players operating in the global ground power unit market include:
- John Bean Technologies Ltd
- WEIHAI GUANGTAI AIRPORT EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.
- Powervamp Ltd
- MAK Controls & Systems Pvt. Limited
Global Ground Power Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Type
- Trailer Mounted
- Skid Mounted
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Application
- Civil Aircraft
- Business Aircraft
Global Ground Power Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.