Grid-tied Energy Storage System Market: Significant Increase in Investment of Energy Storage System
- Rapid decrease in sources of conventional energy and constant increase in demand for energy have compelled companies to carry out intensive research for new, more efficient, and green power solutions with advanced technologies in energy storage systems
- Of late, new energy and clean fuel technologies are being intensively pursued and explored due to the rise in environmental concerns across the globe. Research in solar, wind, tidal, and other non-conventional sources of energy increased significantly over the last decade. Research in electricity storage systems has also increased considerably.
- Modernization of the electric grid with electricity storage system is expected to help meet the challenges such as climate change, CO2 emissions and uninterrupted power supply as energy storage system can be used as backup power as well as grid stabilizers.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Grid-tied Energy Storage System Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Need to Provide Reliable and Continuous Grid Energy
- Lack of reliable and continuous energy is a key driver of the grid-tied energy storage system market. Demand for electricity is rising every day. Conventional electricity would not be able to meet this rise in demand in the near future. Supply of energy during peak hours is a challenge. Installation of grid-tied energy storage system is anticipated to resolve these issues.
- Dependence on renewable sources of energy is estimated to increase in the near future. Major concern of renewable sources is inconsistent energy supply. Renewable source require energy storage systems. These energy storage system can be connected to the grid and ac as stabilizer.
- Market witnessed the improved performance of batteries as well as the sharp decline in cost in past few years. For example the cost of lithium-ion battery has been decline by almost 80 % since 2010
- Modernization of gird infrastructure into smart grid, Self-healing grid and micro grids are happening all around the world. These systems provides grid stabilization and provide continues energy supply. One of the major component in these system is grid-tied energy storage system. Hence modernization would be the key driver for the market.
Lack of standardization and modernization of Grid
- Aging grid infrastructure is the key restrains in grid-tied energy storage system.
- High capital investment for standardization and modernization of grid system would also be the major restrain for the growth of grid-tied energy storage system.
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market
- The global grid-tied energy storage system market can be segmented in terms of storage, source, end user and by region
- Grid-tied energy storage system market can be segmented by type of storage, such thermal, pumped hydro, fuel cell, batteries and supercapacitor. Fuel cell and batteries would be prominent to grow in forecast period.
- By source the market can be segmented as thermal, nuclear, hydropower, solar, wind, waste or biogas and others (wave etc.), Solar, wind, waste or biogas would have more growth, clean energy sources as the environmental awareness is increasing.
- This market is further segmented by end user such as domestic, commercial, and industrial.
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market
- Based on region, the global grid-tied energy storage system market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region is likely to dominate the global market, in which South Korea would be the major market player.
- North Americas would be following the Asia Pacific in grid-tied energy storage system market. U.S. is the dominating regional market.
- In Europe, Germany has captured the large portion of market share of grid-tied energy storage system.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Grid-tied Energy Storage System Market here
- On June 2019, Sungrow got a contract to supply complete energy storage systems to a 30MW / 30MWh project in Germany.
- On Jnuary 2019, UAE integrates 648MWh of sodium sulfur batteries from NGK Insulators Ltd across 10 locations
Key Players Operating in the Grid-tied Energy Storage System Market:
- NGK Insulators Ltd
- Samsung SDI
- AES Energy Storage
- Lithium Energy Japan
- GE Energy Storage
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market: Research Scope
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market, by Storage
- Pumped hydro
- Fuel Cell
- Super Capacitor
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market, by Source
- Waste or Bio Gas
The Global Grid-Tied Energy Storage System Market, End User
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.