Green Polyols Market: Highlights
- Green polyols are eco-friendly alcohol solutions that contain multiple hydroxyl groups. They are derived from recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polyurethanes. These alcohol solutions are widely used in furniture & bedding, automotive, and construction industries.
- Green polyols provide enhanced hydrolytic stability and adhesion to diverse substrates. They also improve abrasion resistance and overall hardness. Common end-uses of green polyols include liquid and hot melt urethane adhesives, flexible packaging, insulating sealants, polyurethane dispersions, cast elastomers, and conventional-cure coatings.
Key Drivers of Green Polyols Market
- Increase in demand for green polyols in construction activities is expected to boost the market during the forecast period. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. Government spent approximately US$ 1,303,469 Mn in overall construction activities in 2019. Thus, growth in the construction industry is anticipated to propel the demand for green polyols in the near future.
- Rise in usage of green polyols in the automotive industry is also estimated to propel the market in the near future. The automotive industry in India produced 30,915,420 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers, and quadricycles in April-March 2019 compared to 29,094,447 in April-March 2018, registering a growth rate of 6.26% over the same period in the last year.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Green Polyols Market report
Higher Costs of Green Polyols to Restrain Green Polyols Market
- The global green polyols market is expanding at a rapid pace. However, higher costs of green polyols than those of conventional polyols is a key factor restraining the market.
- Increase in crop productivity by artificial means is resulting in negative environmental impact such as increase in carbon footprint and depletion of nutrients from the soil. This is also estimated to restrain the market in the near future.
Green Polyols Market: End-use Industry Segment
- Based on end-use industry, the global green polyols market can be segmented into furniture & bedding, construction/insulation, automotive, packaging, carpet backing, and others
- The furniture & bedding segment is projected to account for key share of the global green polyols market by 2027
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, construction/insulation, automotive, and packaging segments are expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
- In terms of volume, carpet backing and others segments are likely to remain moderate to high across different regions in the near future
North America to be Key Region of Global Green Polyols Market
- In terms of region, the global green polyols market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumption of green polyols is much higher in North America than that in other regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific and Europe follow the market in North America
- The U.S. is the largest country of the green polyols market in North America. It accounted for a major share of the market in terms of volume and value in 2018. Rise in usage of green polyols in construction, transportation, furniture, adhesives, sealants, and binders is expected to drive the market in the region. Easy availability of soybean in the U.S. enables manufacturers to produce soy-based polyols, thereby driving the consumption of green and bio-polyols in North America.
- Asia Pacific also held significant share of the global green polyols market in 2018. Growth in end-use industries and increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments are boosting the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Green Polyols Market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Green Polyols Market
The global green polyols market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Bayer AG
- BioBased Technologies LLC
- BASF SE
- Cargill, Incorporated
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Stepan Company
- Emery Oleochemicals
- Jayant Agro Organics Pvt. Ltd.
Global Green Polyols Market: Research Scope
Global Reactive Adhesives Market, by Type
- Polyether Polyols
- Polyester Polyols
Global Reactive Sealants Market, by Application
- Polyurethane Rigid Foam
- Polyurethane Flexible Foam
Global Reactive Sealants Market, by End-use Industry
- Furniture and Bedding
- Carpet Backing
- Others (Textiles & Clothing and Engineered Components)
Global Green Polyols Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.