Greater Burdock Market outlook
Rising number of contagious diseases are resulting in people being prone to pathogenic infections very easily. Though conventional medicine is quite sophisticated, people show a keen interest in traditional medicine as it has no ill effects on our health which created a huge demand in alternative herbal medicine. Greater burdock is one such detoxifying herb which is commonly known as Arctium lappa. It is a species of the sunflower family that is predominantly found in Europe. It’s a biennial plant which can grow up to 3 meters long. The root of greater burdock is known for its medicinal values which helps in dried root trade Greater burdock is found to be rich in minerals, as the roots grow very deep into the ground for about two feet. Greater burdock has anti carcinogenic properties called essiac which is found to be preventive herb for cancer which is promoted in companies such as New Direction Aromatics Inc., Nature’s answerGreater burdock also namely lignans and caffeoylquinic acids in high concentrations which acts as an anti-oxidants thereby treating cancer. More recently, greater burdock is being used as an active ingredient in hair tonics to treat baldness and cosmetics for moisturizing skin. Due to flexible growth conditions & requirements, greater burdock can be easily cultivated in any moist location, which increased its production in North America Since it has antibiotic action, greater burdock is used to treat a sore throat, cold, skin infections such as acne, eczema, psoriasis which created its exigency globally which is anticipated to drive the growth of the global greater burdock market over the forecast period.
Reasons for covering this topic:
The Greater burdock is predominantly used for detoxifying the blood. Recent evidence has found that burdock root can remove toxins from the bloodstream. A 2011 study found that greater burdock root has effectively detoxified the blood and promoted increased circulation. However, it is also used to treat the condition such as arthritis, diabetes, inflammation, herpes, impetigo, ringworm, boils, bites, and wrinkles which have been rising over the years due to its antioxidant & anti-inflammatory property. As greater burdock is also available as ‘organic’, people tend to avail it more than conventional products which account for its expeditious global market. In addition, one of the major advantages of Greater burdock is that it can be easily cultivated anywhere without involving many endeavors & capital thus helping the manufacturers in attaining suitable profit margin. In Japan, the roots of greater burdock are eaten traditionally along with salads & soups which anticipated fuel the growth of its market. The roots can be taken in a user-friendly form such as soups, salads & tea. Greater Burdock is found throughout Europe, Africa, Northern Asia and North America. This growing demand has been seen throughout the continents, which accounts for the escalation in the greater burdock market.
Greater Burdock: Market segmentation
On the basis of end use, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Cosmetics & personal care
- Dietary supplements
On the basis of form, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Roots (As a whole)
On the basis of nature, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
On the basis of distribution, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Specialty stores
Global Greater Burdock Market: key players
Some of the key players in the Greater burdock market includes Solaray Burdock, Oregon’s Wild Harvest, Dr.Christopher’s burdock, Nature’s Answer, The Vitamin Shoppe, Now foods, and Nature’s way,New Direction Aromatics Inc.
Opportunities for greater burdock market participants:
Herbal products have more attention and demand in recent due to growing consciousness of well-being and healthy among the people. Thus it can be assured that Greater burdock can be one among them gaining consumer’s attention. As the demand for greater burdock roots & seeds is increased due to its better healing properties, it's a golden opportunity for manufacturers to invest in them. Multi-utility herb such as greater burdock will always stay in the market with increasing demand every now and then. Thus there is wider opportunity ensured for the forecast period.
Global Greater Burdock Market: A Regional outlook
As mentioned the Greater burdock is native to Europe & Asia, which has now germinated in North America. It has the foremost market in Japan as it is used as an active daily food product in salads & soups followed by the Asia Pacific where numerous herbal products are being manufactured. Greater burdock has moderate growth of the market in Europe as it is sparsely cultivated. It has a lower market potential in North America as it is introduced recently, however it is emerging rates of production in North America. Thus it can be forecasted that there is huge demand developing for greater burdock in future.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.