Greater Burdock Market outlook
Rising number of contagious diseases are resulting in people being prone to pathogenic infections very easily. Though conventional medicine is quite sophisticated, people show a keen interest in traditional medicine as it has no ill effects on our health which created a huge demand in alternative herbal medicine. Greater burdock is one such detoxifying herb which is commonly known as Arctium lappa. It is a species of the sunflower family that is predominantly found in Europe. It’s a biennial plant which can grow up to 3 meters long. The root of greater burdock is known for its medicinal values which helps in dried root trade Greater burdock is found to be rich in minerals, as the roots grow very deep into the ground for about two feet. Greater burdock has anti carcinogenic properties called essiac which is found to be preventive herb for cancer which is promoted in companies such as New Direction Aromatics Inc., Nature’s answerGreater burdock also namely lignans and caffeoylquinic acids in high concentrations which acts as an anti-oxidants thereby treating cancer. More recently, greater burdock is being used as an active ingredient in hair tonics to treat baldness and cosmetics for moisturizing skin. Due to flexible growth conditions & requirements, greater burdock can be easily cultivated in any moist location, which increased its production in North America Since it has antibiotic action, greater burdock is used to treat a sore throat, cold, skin infections such as acne, eczema, psoriasis which created its exigency globally which is anticipated to drive the growth of the global greater burdock market over the forecast period.
Reasons for covering this topic:
The Greater burdock is predominantly used for detoxifying the blood. Recent evidence has found that burdock root can remove toxins from the bloodstream. A 2011 study found that greater burdock root has effectively detoxified the blood and promoted increased circulation. However, it is also used to treat the condition such as arthritis, diabetes, inflammation, herpes, impetigo, ringworm, boils, bites, and wrinkles which have been rising over the years due to its antioxidant & anti-inflammatory property. As greater burdock is also available as ‘organic’, people tend to avail it more than conventional products which account for its expeditious global market. In addition, one of the major advantages of Greater burdock is that it can be easily cultivated anywhere without involving many endeavors & capital thus helping the manufacturers in attaining suitable profit margin. In Japan, the roots of greater burdock are eaten traditionally along with salads & soups which anticipated fuel the growth of its market. The roots can be taken in a user-friendly form such as soups, salads & tea. Greater Burdock is found throughout Europe, Africa, Northern Asia and North America. This growing demand has been seen throughout the continents, which accounts for the escalation in the greater burdock market.
Greater Burdock: Market segmentation
On the basis of end use, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Cosmetics & personal care
- Dietary supplements
On the basis of form, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Roots (As a whole)
On the basis of nature, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
On the basis of distribution, the Greater burdock has been segmented as-
- Specialty stores
Global Greater Burdock Market: key players
Some of the key players in the Greater burdock market includes Solaray Burdock, Oregon’s Wild Harvest, Dr.Christopher’s burdock, Nature’s Answer, The Vitamin Shoppe, Now foods, and Nature’s way,New Direction Aromatics Inc.
Opportunities for greater burdock market participants:
Herbal products have more attention and demand in recent due to growing consciousness of well-being and healthy among the people. Thus it can be assured that Greater burdock can be one among them gaining consumer’s attention. As the demand for greater burdock roots & seeds is increased due to its better healing properties, it's a golden opportunity for manufacturers to invest in them. Multi-utility herb such as greater burdock will always stay in the market with increasing demand every now and then. Thus there is wider opportunity ensured for the forecast period.
Global Greater Burdock Market: A Regional outlook
As mentioned the Greater burdock is native to Europe & Asia, which has now germinated in North America. It has the foremost market in Japan as it is used as an active daily food product in salads & soups followed by the Asia Pacific where numerous herbal products are being manufactured. Greater burdock has moderate growth of the market in Europe as it is sparsely cultivated. It has a lower market potential in North America as it is introduced recently, however it is emerging rates of production in North America. Thus it can be forecasted that there is huge demand developing for greater burdock in future.
Brief Approach to Research
The company will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.