Greaseproof Paper Market: Overview
- Greaseproof paper is manufactured from 100% bleached soft and hard wood pulp. The grease proof paper is manufactured for packaging of products with low content of fat.
- Grease proof paper is also utilized in cooking and baking, where it provides a nonstick surface. Most baking cups are made from greaseproof paper. Grease proof paper can be used in hot ovens and deep freezers too.
- It has a unique barrier property making it good for uses where high demand or hold out of oil resistance is needed.
- Greaseproof paper is manufactured by refining the paper stock, which creates a sheet with very low porosity. Subsequently, this sheet is supercalendered to further improve its density. This process creates a type of paper known as Glassine. Glassine paper is then treated with alginates, starches, or CMC in a size press in order to fill pores, which in turns makes it impermeable to grease, oil, and fat.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Greaseproof Paper Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of greaseproof paper market
- The booming residential and commercial sector has driven the demand for greaseproof paper globally. Rise in residential and commercial applications of greaseproof paper due to strengthening economic conditions and increased spending capacity are expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand in packaging, wrapping, and baking of food products is a major factor that is estimated to propel the greaseproof paper market. The greaseproof paper market has expanded considerably both in terms of product development and usage. However, the packaging industry faces numerous challenges in terms of latest product development, standardization, and product approval.
- Rising demand for packaged food among consumers, owing to the fast pace of life and changing eating habits, is expected to drive the food packaging industry. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the greaseproof paper market.
- The food packaging industry is expanding rapidly due to improved shelf-life, coupled with heightened efficiency in prevention of content contamination, which in turn is projected to boost the demand for greaseproof paper and subsequently drive the market.
Packaging held the major share in 2018
- Greaseproof paper is used to protect items, such as fine art work or perishable items, during shipping. Such items are manufactured with a ‘grease’ coating to protect them from corrosion. Greaseproof packaging paper is employed used as an inter-leaver between frozen meats, and also as a protective layer on textile cores. Greaseproof packaging paper is also used for pet-food bags, pan liners, and release papers for floor tiles and graphic papers.
- Greaseproof packaging paper is manufactured under hygienic condition from wood pulp that offers grease resistance as well as oil hold out properties. Greaseproof packaging paper avoids penetration of fat and oils and helps retain the original taste & flavor.
- Greaseproof baking paper is utilized in cooking and baking, as it provides a heat-resistant, non-stick surface to bake on. Greaseproof baking paper is a unique properties, as compared to traditional oil-free paper. It is employed for all kinds of cooking, baking, and food preparation. Greaseproof baking paper ensures that food does not attach to trays, dishes, or cake forms, and because no oil is needed to coat these vessels, dishwashing is also easier.
Asia Pacific expected to hold large share in the global greaseproof paper market
- Asia Pacific held a prominent share of the global greaseproof paper market owing to robust expansion in China, India, Japan, Australia, and South Korea. Asia Pacific is a highly lucrative market due to increasing investments in the food industry and rising disposable income in the region.
- China accounted for a dominant share of the greaseproof paper market in Asia Pacific, due to its large population, emerging economic conditions, and rise in foreign trade by the country. Manufacturers in India and Vietnam are expanding their business where penetration is low; however, the market in these countries is estimated to expand at a high growth rate during the forecast period.
- In terms of demand, North America accounted for a significant share of the global greaseproof paper market, owing to extensive applications in residential as well as commercial sectors.
- Europe held a notable share of the global greaseproof paper market in 2018. The market in Europe is driven by the tourism industry. Increasing tourism has boosted the food industry in the region and consequently, the market in Europe is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- In Europe, commercial utilization of greaseproof paper, in restaurants and other food-related businesses, is considerably high. Demand for fast food and bakery products is significantly high in the region, which in turn is expected to propel the greaseproof paper market in Europe.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Greaseproof Paper Market here
Key players operating in the Greaseproof Paper Market
The greaseproof paper market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the greaseproof paper market include
- Pudumjee Paper Products
- Nordic Paper
- Hydon Paper Co Ltd
- KRPA Holding CZ
- Cheever Specialty Paper & Film
Global Greaseproof Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Greaseproof Paper Market, by Type
Global Greaseproof Paper Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.