COVID-19 Impact on Graphite Anode Market
- During the pandemic, various manufacturing and production facilities such as batteries, steel plants, and other components production were shut down for a long period. Slowdown in battery and traditional end-markets led to a reduction in demand for flake graphite.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Graphite Anode Market
- Graphite is a highly important anode material for the production of lithium-ion batteries. Whether an electric car, smartphone or laptop, lithium-ion batteries are usually used for supply of power. Therefore, the demand for graphite is expected to increase and consequently the market is projected to expand during the forecast period.
- Awareness about environmental stability and safety is rising among consumers, which in turn is projected to significantly fuel the graphite anode market during the forecast period
Graphite Anode Market: Material Segment
- In terms of product type, the global graphite anode market can be segmented into natural graphite flakes, amorphous, veins, and synthetic graphite.
- Natural graphite is important anode material in lithium-ion batteries. Raw natural graphite flakes are rolled into spheres by impact milling and then coated with carbon by thermal vapor decomposition (TVD) in order to improve its electrochemical properties. Natural graphite is widely used for refractories, batteries, steelmaking, expanded graphite, brake linings, foundry facings, and lubricants.
- Synthetic graphite, the starting point, is a highly aromatic petroleum or coal-based residue. The residue is thermally treated through successive steps to create a carbonaceous material called coke, which at that stage possesses a mostly amorphous carbon structure.
Graphite Anode: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global graphite anode market can be classified into consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, and others
- Increasing awareness regarding carbon emissions and depleting fossil fuel reserves is prompting governments around the world to offer support for adoption of electric vehicles. Therefore, the graphite anode market is estimated to expand during the forecast period owing to an increase in sales of passenger cars and commercial vehicles. This, in turn, is driving the demand for graphite anode in the automotive industry.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Graphite Anode Market
- Increased demand for conductors, graphite electrodes, and batteries, along with carbon fiber-protected plastic, is projected to boost the market. Presently, Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global market, in terms of revenue. Europe holds the second-largest share of the global market. Rise in demand for batteries and other electrical devices that include graphite from countries in Europe is estimated to propel the demand for graphite anode material.
- Countries such as Germany and the U.K., are currently focusing on emerging EVs that are powered by li-ion batteries, which require graphite
Key Manufacturers Operating in Graphite Anode Market
- Major players in the global graphite market include
- GrafTech International Ltd.,
- Syrah Resources Ltd.,
- Graphite India Ltd.,
- Tokai Carbon Co. Ltd.,
- Shanshan Corporation,
- Qingdao Guangxing Electronic Materials Co. Ltd.,
- Fangda Carbon New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
Graphite Anode Market: Research Scope
Graphite Anode Market, by Material
- Natural Graphite
- Synthetic Graphite
Graphite Anode Market, by End-use
- Consumer electronics
Global Graphite Anode Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Graphite Anode: Introduction
- Graphite is an allotrope of carbon, which has high electrical conductivity. It is a highly stable allotrope of carbon under standard conditions. Graphite is the only non-metallic conductor of electricity.
- Graphite is also a key component of lithium-ion batteries. It possess relatively low-cost and energy density; it is chemically stable and has good electrical conductivity and affordable cost. Moreover, graphite is readily available. Consequently, graphite anodes are utilized on underground pipelines and storage tanks as a cost-effective method to control corrosion.
- Three main types of graphite utilized are natural, synthetic, and spherical
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.