COVID-19 impact on Graphene Aerogel Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak hindered the demand for graphene aerogel in several ways. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for graphene aerogel.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for graphene aerogel. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Graphene Aerogel Market
- Graphene aerogel has high electrical conductivity, high surface area, and superior mechanical strength. This renders it ideal for batteries. Furthermore, batteries constructed using graphene aerogel can be very small, while providing significant power. Rise in demand for energy storage devices is expected to be the key driver of the graphene aerogel market in the near future.
Restraints of Graphene Aerogel Market
- Production of graphene aerogel is still expensive. New technologies or improvements are needed. This results in high capital needed for research & development and new infrastructure development. This is likely to hamper the graphene aerogel market in the near future.
North America to Constitute Significant Share of Global Graphene Aerogels Market
- In terms of region, the global graphene aerogels market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2021. North America is the largest market for graphene aerogel due to the significant rise in demand for super-charging batteries in the region. Rise in consumption of graphene aerogels in the building & construction industry is also boosting the graphene aerogels market in the region.
- Asia Pacific and Europe are also key consumers of graphene aerogels. Asia Pacific countries such as China, Korea, and Japan are conducting extensive research in graphene aerogel for its application as electrode, catalyst, and thermal insulation. The market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
Competitive Landscape of Global Graphene Aerogel Market
Major players operating in the graphene aerogels market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include Graphene Research Labs Pvt. Ltd, Nanografi Nano Technology, Rinztech NZ Ltd., Cabot Corp., Graphene 3D Lab Inc, Aerogel Technologies LLC., Aspen Aerogel Inc., and Hunan Heaven Materials Development Co. Ltd.
Global Graphene Aerogel Market: Research Scope
Global Graphene Aerogel Market, by Form Type
Global Graphene Aerogel Market, by Production Method
- Chemical Reduction
- 3D Printing
Global Graphene Aerogel Market, by End-use
- Building & Construction
- Power Generation
- Defence & Aerospace
Global Graphene Aerogel Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Graphene Aerogel Market Introduction
- Graphene aerogel, also known as aerographene, is one of the lightest materials with extraordinarily low density. It is porous and environment-friendly material with remarkable electrical conductivity. It is chemically inert, and has high surface area. It also possesses high mechanical strength, high thermal resistance, and high adsorption capacity.
- Graphene aerogels are efficient sorbents for various organic, inorganic, and radioactive pollutants due to their high adsorption properties. Graphene aerogel can be useful for environmental clean-ups such as oil spills.
- Graphene aerogels have now found extensive use in the manufacture of super-fast charging batteries. Modern batteries with graphene capacitors are super batteries that do not lose performance even after extensive use. Graphene aerogel batteries are better than traditional batteries in terms of charging time, lifespan, and environmental impact.
- Graphene aerogels are produced from precursor graphene oxide by different routes of synthesis such as chemical reduction, polymerization, and 3D printing. New research and development activities are being conducted for production techniques for graphene aerogels, which can open up a new range of applications.