Centella asiatica is a small herbaceous plant which is also known as Gotu Kola in many regions. Gotu kola is indigenous to Asia Pacific regions. Gotu Kola extract is majorly used for its traditional herbal remedy and culinary uses. Gotu kola extract has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years. Gotu kola extract is used to make caffeine-free beverages which are used to prevent mind related disorders like mental fatigue, anxiety, depression, and insomnia etc. Gotu kola extract is used on wounds as antifungal and antibacterial. Gotu kola extract is employed in blood coagulation. Gotu kola extract is also utilized in gourmet cuisine for salad dressing and seasoning. Preference of natural medicine over synthetic medicine promote the Gotu kola extract market.
Gotu Kola Extract: Market Segmentation
Global Gotu kola extract market is segmented on the basis of application, type, form and geography, distribution channel.
Gotu kola extract market is segmented on the basis of the application which includes; Pharmaceutical, Food and beverage, and Personal care and cosmetics. In pharmaceutical application, Gotu kola extract has many medicinal properties so it is used in the preparation of several medicines. In food and beverages application, Gotu kola extract is used for the culinary purposes like salad dressing, seasoning, and tea, and in personal care and cosmetics application, Gotu kola extract is used in the preparation of different cosmetic products like face wash, facial cream etc.
Gotu kola extract market is segmented on the basis of form, those are the liquid form (juices and packaged drink), paste form (creams), solid form (tablets).
Gotu kola extract market is segmented on the basis of the type which includes; Natural and Organic.
Gotu kola extract market is segmented on the basis of geography which includes; The Middle East and Africa (MEA), North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, and Latin America
Gotu kola extract market is further segmented on the basis of distribution channel which includes: Hypermarket/supermarket, convenience stores, specialty stores, grocery stores, and Online retailing
Gotu kola extract market is anticipated to register comparatively higher value share from Supermarket/hypermarket than other channels during the forecast period. Online sells are expected to register relatively more growth in Gotu kola extract market over the forecast period. Rising consumer towards online purchasing of products is anticipated to support the growth of Gotu kola extract market over the forecast period.
Gotu Kola Extract Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of geography, the global Gotu kola extract market has been divided into five key regions including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
Production wise India, China, Sri Lanka, and other APAC countries are the major producer of Gotu kola extract. While North America specifically the USA is the major importer of Gotu kola extract.
Gotu Kola Extract Market: Driver and Restraint
Gotu kola extract possesses high demand in various application due to its versatile medicinal properties and uses in different products. Principle factors driving market demand are continuous rising demand for antifungal, antibacterial, cardiovascular disease medicines and other brain health supplements due to infection and heart-related disease and rapidly growing number of consumers seeking health supplements related to mental health, stress and anxiety management etc. It is also preferred because of the absence of caffeine. Various properties of Gotu kola extract as the natural medicine for the digestive system, weight management, immune system booster, cancer treatment and blood pressure helper etc. are factors driving market demand for Gotu kola extract. Gotu kola also increases the blood circulation in the diabetic patient. It also stimulates the blood coagulation for healing the wound. Gotu kola also cures the scars. Preference of natural cosmetic product over chemical product are the major driver Gotu kola market. Gotu kola must be avoided before the 2 weeks from surgery and should be avoided by pregnant women, which may cause menstruation.
Gotu Kola Extract Market: Key Player
Some of the key players operating in gotu kola extract market include: Nature's Way Products, LLC, General Nutrition Centers, INC., The Himalaya Drug Company, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC., Swanson Health Products, Inc., NOW® Foods, ORGANIC INDIA, ACURE ORGANICS, NATURE’S ANSWER, NutraMarks, Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.